The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

I can't believe Slash has a new album coming out. How long ago did susan say soon? Should that be removed from the thread name? Lol fucking ridiculous

People were saying the same when Living The Dream came out! And they'll be saying the same when the album after this one comes out I imagine. 

5 hours ago, Pskihq92 said:

I can't believe Slash has a new album coming out. How long ago did susan say soon? Should that be removed from the thread name? Lol fucking ridiculous

TBF - I don’t think she said it was coming soon, just that she had heard some of the new stuff (could be wrong). So in that regard Id say stuff definitely exists. The wait for us to hear it is damned frustrating though.

Edited by DTJ80

One's for sure. Before Covid they had the benefit of the doubt. They were touring almost non stop and had no time running into a studio. 

Now with Covid they have plenty of time. If Axl isn't able to use this downtime for a new record, we won't see one ever again.

If they won't announce one at the latest when touring in the US is possible again, its over.

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was marathoning the Kiss albums recently and when I got to their shitty “reunion” album Psycho Circus my immediate first thought was that if this is what a “reunion” album for GnR would be like it, than I’d rather we never get it.

Has Kiss released one good album at all? No need to compare them to really talented people like GNR.

If they'll release someday a reunion record and if it is half as good and honest as Black Sabbath's 13 I'd be happy.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was marathoning the Kiss albums recently and when I got to their shitty “reunion” album Psycho Circus my immediate first thought was that if this is what a “reunion” album for GnR would be like it, than I’d rather we never get it.

That would be the next logical step of disappointment if they ever release something at all. I can totally see it. Most songs will be shitty Chinese leftovers with ancient vocals and some lazy Slash solos. Two "punk" songs sung by Duff and 2 SMKC style hard rock standards from Slash. Followed by a neverending tour.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Has Kiss released one good album at all? No need to compare them to really talented people like GNR.

If they'll release someday a reunion record and if it is half as good and honest as Black Sabbath's 13 I'd be happy.

Destroyer ?

Love Gun ?

Alive ?

Dont bullshit KISS has a lot of great rock albums that are rightfully considered to be legendary.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Destroyer ?

Love Gun ?

Alive ?

Dont bullshit KISS has a lot of great rock albums that are rightfully considered to be legendary.

Sorry, not my cup of tea. I have the right to say I don't like their albums, because it's my opinion. That's not bullshitting them.

With Detroit Rock City, God Of Thunder and IWMFLY they've at least 3 good songs :P

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kranich said:

Destroyer ?

Love Gun ?

Alive ?

I was just talking about Psycho Circus. Of course I know that most of their other albums are awesome.

Why don’t you actually READ my post before commenting on it next time?

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

That would be the next logical step of disappointment if they ever release something at all. I can totally see it. Most songs will be shitty Chinese leftovers with ancient vocals and some lazy Slash solos. Two "punk" songs sung by Duff and 2 SMKC style hard rock standards from Slash. Followed by a neverending tour.

Yup. That’s pretty much what Psycho Circus was, and it was crap. Pretty sure that I would rather NOT have something like that from GNR.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Most songs will be shitty Chinese leftovers with ancient vocals

Admins plz delete x

In all seriousness, the above was always my saving grace when I thought Axl had lost his vocal chops during 2011/14 with some exceptions. If we haven’t heard it, then it’ll be new to us and it ties in with RNR’s post about the KISS reunion album. Songs written throughout the Chinese sessions were from a man with a chip in his shoulder, in the midst of what would be normally described as an artists creative peak and a point to prove to those that left him standing and not some record assembled half arsed for the sake of reuniting. Going by what we got on Chinese and the songs we heard from the Village Sessions, it just cemented my belief that Axl is sat on a goldmine. Everyone is different but I hope the majority are pleasantly surprised when something finally gets out. Hopefully soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Of course there is a chance it could be a train wreck of an album but the reason we are all here is because Axl/Slash had that something that very few bands do....and while it may not be as potent as back in the day I’m certain it will still be of a great standard.

Its why part of me says ‘take the time to make it as awesome as it should be’....but the other part says ‘don’t overcook it - release the damned thing’!

12 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

They really should have got an album together before going on the NITL tour, or at the latest in 2017/2018 to maintain momentum. 

Yeah or a few singles at least.

1 hour ago, mamundson said:

No new album.  Funny how some artists can put together an album in 6 to 7 weeks and GN’R can’t in almost 5 years.  So much wasted time with this band.  It’s easy to say, no we don’t have any new music coming out or yes, we should by end of year.  This band could have been one of the all-time greats, but pissed it away. 

I agree

On a side note: Smashing Pumpkins are going crazy releasing new songs: new double album "CYR & The colour of Love" (20 songs),  yet "unnamed" double/triple album (33 songs), "Shiny and oh so bright" Vol. 2 & 3 (18-20 songs), "MACHINA" triple album (50 songs)... up to 123 new songs, although a lot of the "MACHINA" songs are already out there, but have never been officially released. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, noonoo said:

On a side note: Smashing Pumpkins are going crazy releasing new songs: new double album "CYR & The colour of Love" (20 songs),  yet "unnamed" double/triple album (33 songs), "Shiny and oh so bright" Vol. 2 & 3 (18-20 songs), "MACHINA" triple album (50 songs)... up to 123 new songs, although a lot of the "MACHINA" songs are already out there, but have never been officially released. 

I heard a few of the newer ones - some good some bad. Must be awesome to be a hardcore SP fan with all that stuff due out.....😭

3 hours ago, mamundson said:

No new album.  Funny how some artists can put together an album in 6 to 7 weeks and GN’R can’t in almost 5 years.  So much wasted time with this band.  It’s easy to say, no we don’t have any new music coming out or yes, we should by end of year.  This band could have been one of the all-time greats, but pissed it away. 

12 years

3 hours ago, noonoo said:

Probably worth nothing though that Smashing Pumpkins are well known for saying stuff like this in the past and then it not actually happening. This stuff has been mentioned by Corgan many times before.  It may or may not happen. 

The only thing that is actually confirmed and set for release is a new album -CYR.  

Still, another example of a band who have managed to release an album this year. Of which there are very, very many, of all shapes and sizes. 

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was just talking about Psycho Circus. Of course I know that most of their other albums are awesome.

Why don’t you actually READ my post before commenting on it next time?

Whell I did bro and "Did Kiss release one good album at all" part doesn't seem to be only about Psycho Circus.