The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

5 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe Axl is just tired of it all, it happens to many people reaching retirement age, they spend a lifetime giving their all and get to a stage where there is nothing left.  Nobody to blame it is just the way it is.  With the pandemic and its consequences he may decide to to retire.

Retire from what? “Giving his all”? Have you been to a GNR show? It’s diminishing returns, it’s lowest expectations realized. Axl can sound okay in “fits and starts”, but he has become a Godawful performer. And he’s been okay with it for years now. The AC/DC performances shows that he can still bring it out, however the GNR performances show he doesn’t give two fucks. 

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Like 1
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

.........and take the risck to sing with AC/DC was not an easy stuff for him but he did it. He said himself he was so stress about how the fan will react

Not Guns fans though. :D 

6 hours ago, Dean said:

Crazy, right? They had planned on dropping it not long after the fella listened to it and were due to appear on his podcast back then, but with the pandemic, everything got pushed back. Slash's comments, along with everyone else, completely baffle me, however, facts are facts and we do know that they have been at least working on something and the comments that Susan made are the saving grace of it all. Chinese Democracy didn't get the release that the album deserved, I just hope that they get it right this time around. 

From a record company perspective im sure it will be done right. I just hope axl this time gets onboard and does interviews for the.album this time around. No doubt slash will.

Edited by Sydney Fan
35 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

From a record company perspective im sure it will be done right. I just hope axl this time gets onboard and does interviews for the.album this time around. No doubt slash will.

If a new album dropped tomorrow, I'd expect more of the same from them e.g. radio silence, Slash and Duff will do what they've always done, but I doubt they'd be speaking from an official capacity to give any exclusives to the media. Disappointed to say that but if there was no build up for the start of the NITL, I can see them continuing with that approach. Let's hope I'm wrong!

It's embarrassing that Slash is going to release his second solo album, duff has a solo album, dizzy has a solo album, even ferrer has a fucking album ALL since this version of GnR reunited. And still there is no new album, no sniff of an update about where it's at and no release date. Creatively GnR are a spent force. It's a shame, coz I was listening to state of grace today and thinking, wow a slash solo between the final verse and the screamed outro would be incredible. Instead we're going to get generic cock rock from smkc and radio silence from GnR. 

It's at the point now, where even if GnR did release an album, we'd get no music video. No axl interview. No special events to attend for the release day and bare minimum radio play. It's just a nothing band now. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

It's embarrassing that Slash is going to release his second solo album, duff has a solo album, dizzy has a solo album, even ferrer has a fucking album ALL since this version of GnR reunited. And still there is no new album, no sniff of an update about where it's at and no release date. Creatively GnR are a spent force. It's a shame, coz I was listening to state of grace today and thinking, wow a slash solo between the final verse and the screamed outro would be incredible. Instead we're going to get generic cock rock from smkc and radio silence from GnR. 

It's at the point now, where even if GnR did release an album, we'd get no music video. No axl interview. No special events to attend for the release day and bare minimum radio play. It's just a nothing band now. 

The 2008 Slash album gives me hope he's capable of some killer solos still. I hope this is the case with an eventual GN'R release.

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

It's embarrassing that Slash is going to release his second solo album, duff has a solo album, dizzy has a solo album, even ferrer has a fucking album ALL since this version of GnR reunited.

Dont forget about Mels video game work and Slash and Duffs kids releasing albums too, lol. Slash is even on at least one of his sons tracks!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, soon said:

Dont forget about Mels video game work and Slash and Duffs kids releasing albums too, lol. Slash is even on at least one of his sons tracks!

And a pinball machine :p 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

The 2008 Slash album gives me hope he's capable of some killer solos still. I hope this is the case with an eventual GN'R release.

There isn't a 2008 Slash album, but since then he created about 2 dozen killer solos. :thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

There isn't a 2008 Slash album, but since then he created about 2 dozen killer solos. :thumbsup:

Ah, it was 2010! My bad.

I must have been thinking about Chinese Democracy :D

2 hours ago, soon said:

The saddest thing is I've seen slash's son play live at the whiskey opening for adlers appetite in 2018. He wasn't bad :headbang: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Well,  indeed there are a few killer guitar solos on that record, too.

Everything about that album, I really liked. It was only missing Axl (nothing against the vocalists on that album)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Everything about that album, I really liked. It was only missing Axl (nothing against the vocalists on that album)

Now I was talking about CD :P. But yes, Slash was a strong album as well

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The saddest thing is I've seen slash's son play live at the whiskey opening for adlers appetite in 2018. He wasn't bad :headbang: 

That sounds like a truly nice night out!

Yeah, I like the 1-2 tracks of his son that Ive heard.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I could get behind that statement if we actually had something to compare against. If they released a single that was plain shite then yeah - you’d worry that as a creative unit they are finished.....but we can’t make that call until we hear something. I really wish we had something to bloody listen to. 😖

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I could get behind that statement if we actually had something to compare against. If they released a single that was plain shite then yeah - you’d worry that as a creative unit they are finished.....but we can’t make that call until we hear something. I really wish we had something to bloody listen to. 😖

Sadly it's purely in relation to the fact there is nothing released. I'd rather have a bad album and be able to say, at least we heard it, it wasn't up to scratch, let's move on and celebrate what we had before. But having heard hardschool, atlas, state of grace, the general, perhaps etc we know there is some at least semi decent stuff just sitting there gathering dust. That's almost worse. They might not release a song as good as jungle or NR, but who cares. Songs half as good as those would still be great songs!

15 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Sadly it's purely in relation to the fact there is nothing released. I'd rather have a bad album and be able to say, at least we heard it, it wasn't up to scratch, let's move on and celebrate what we had before. But having heard hardschool, atlas, state of grace, the general, perhaps etc we know there is some at least semi decent stuff just sitting there gathering dust. That's almost worse. They might not release a song as good as jungle or NR, but who cares. Songs half as good as those would still be great songs!

Yup - the fact we know there is material in the bank (and there is some good stuff there) it’s all the more irritating we are still bloody waiting.

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If the existing band released a re-worked Silkworms as the first single, we would know they are truly fucked.

Sadly, I'd still welcome the above over Shadow Of Your Love. lol

You don’t like SOYL?

I'm really really intrigued to see what people say when/if they resume touring and no new material gets released.

The lack of touring seems to be the only reason anyone gives for there being nothing new now.

At this point even the most wildly optimistic are going to be super pissed off if they tour again and there isn't anything.

Edited by allwaystired

you know what's sad?  I've been a GNR fan since 93 and have had exactly ONE album of new music by "GNR" in the last 27 years.  I dont demand a new album because I honestly dont expect one.  I think my head would explode if Axl and Slash ever put out a new album.  lol

in all honestly I'd rather have a tour of the AFD5 over a new album.  but I guess the chances of that are even less than a new album so I wont get my hopes up over that one either

would be nice if  they could just release something for the fans who "stuck with them through all the fucking shit" .  But I dont have my hopes up and am past the point where it makes a difference in my life one way or the other

Maybe the line was supposed to be " to the fans who keep buying our fucking shit"?