The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Destroyer ?

Love Gun ?

Alive ?

Dont bullshit KISS has a lot of great rock albums that are rightfully considered to be legendary.

Sorry, not my cup of tea. I have the right to say I don't like their albums, because it's my opinion. That's not bullshitting them.

With Detroit Rock City, God Of Thunder and IWMFLY they've at least 3 good songs :P

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kranich said:

Destroyer ?

Love Gun ?

Alive ?

Dont bullshit KISS has a lot of great rock albums that are rightfully considered to be legendary.

I was just talking about Psycho Circus. Of course I know that most of their other albums are awesome.

Why don’t you actually READ my post before commenting on it next time?

Edited by rocknroll41
1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

That would be the next logical step of disappointment if they ever release something at all. I can totally see it. Most songs will be shitty Chinese leftovers with ancient vocals and some lazy Slash solos. Two "punk" songs sung by Duff and 2 SMKC style hard rock standards from Slash. Followed by a neverending tour.

Yup. That’s pretty much what Psycho Circus was, and it was crap. Pretty sure that I would rather NOT have something like that from GNR.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Most songs will be shitty Chinese leftovers with ancient vocals

Admins plz delete x

In all seriousness, the above was always my saving grace when I thought Axl had lost his vocal chops during 2011/14 with some exceptions. If we haven’t heard it, then it’ll be new to us and it ties in with RNR’s post about the KISS reunion album. Songs written throughout the Chinese sessions were from a man with a chip in his shoulder, in the midst of what would be normally described as an artists creative peak and a point to prove to those that left him standing and not some record assembled half arsed for the sake of reuniting. Going by what we got on Chinese and the songs we heard from the Village Sessions, it just cemented my belief that Axl is sat on a goldmine. Everyone is different but I hope the majority are pleasantly surprised when something finally gets out. Hopefully soon.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was marathoning the Kiss albums recently and when I got to their shitty “reunion” album Psycho Circus my immediate first thought was that if this is what a “reunion” album for GnR would be like it, than I’d rather we never get it.

Of course there is a chance it could be a train wreck of an album but the reason we are all here is because Axl/Slash had that something that very few bands do....and while it may not be as potent as back in the day I’m certain it will still be of a great standard.

Its why part of me says ‘take the time to make it as awesome as it should be’....but the other part says ‘don’t overcook it - release the damned thing’!

12 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

They really should have got an album together before going on the NITL tour, or at the latest in 2017/2018 to maintain momentum. 

Yeah or a few singles at least.

1 hour ago, mamundson said:

No new album.  Funny how some artists can put together an album in 6 to 7 weeks and GN’R can’t in almost 5 years.  So much wasted time with this band.  It’s easy to say, no we don’t have any new music coming out or yes, we should by end of year.  This band could have been one of the all-time greats, but pissed it away. 

I agree

On a side note: Smashing Pumpkins are going crazy releasing new songs: new double album "CYR & The colour of Love" (20 songs),  yet "unnamed" double/triple album (33 songs), "Shiny and oh so bright" Vol. 2 & 3 (18-20 songs), "MACHINA" triple album (50 songs)... up to 123 new songs, although a lot of the "MACHINA" songs are already out there, but have never been officially released. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, noonoo said:

On a side note: Smashing Pumpkins are going crazy releasing new songs: new double album "CYR & The colour of Love" (20 songs),  yet "unnamed" double/triple album (33 songs), "Shiny and oh so bright" Vol. 2 & 3 (18-20 songs), "MACHINA" triple album (50 songs)... up to 123 new songs, although a lot of the "MACHINA" songs are already out there, but have never been officially released. 

I heard a few of the newer ones - some good some bad. Must be awesome to be a hardcore SP fan with all that stuff due out.....😭

3 hours ago, mamundson said:

No new album.  Funny how some artists can put together an album in 6 to 7 weeks and GN’R can’t in almost 5 years.  So much wasted time with this band.  It’s easy to say, no we don’t have any new music coming out or yes, we should by end of year.  This band could have been one of the all-time greats, but pissed it away. 

12 years

3 hours ago, noonoo said:

Probably worth nothing though that Smashing Pumpkins are well known for saying stuff like this in the past and then it not actually happening. This stuff has been mentioned by Corgan many times before.  It may or may not happen. 

The only thing that is actually confirmed and set for release is a new album -CYR.  

Still, another example of a band who have managed to release an album this year. Of which there are very, very many, of all shapes and sizes. 

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was just talking about Psycho Circus. Of course I know that most of their other albums are awesome.

Why don’t you actually READ my post before commenting on it next time?

Whell I did bro and "Did Kiss release one good album at all" part doesn't seem to be only about Psycho Circus. 

1 hour ago, Kranich said:

Whell I did bro and "Did Kiss release one good album at all" part doesn't seem to be only about Psycho Circus. 

...I never said that. Did you quote the wrong person or something?

Kiss has released MANY good albums. I was just talking about Psycho Circus, since that’s their “reunion” album, which is the situation we’re in now with gnr.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

Paul McCartney just announced a new album, written and recorded entirely by himself during the lockdown. I wonder if Fernando is going to tell him he should respect what's going on in the world?

You think Fernando doesn’t get it? What’s he supposed to do? What’s anyone to do? Axl just “isn’t ready”. Fernando tries to lie to himself to accept the bizarre circumstances, but he knows he’s lying to himself. He’s essentially living off the leavings of Axl, he had to respect his space and he must do his bidding.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Someone should buy billboards saying things like "release Soul Monster" and "release The General" in every direction from Axl's house, so he has to drive past them. 

Years ago there was a fund raiser to buy a billboard near a Coke plant to bring back Surge. Said something like: "Dear Coke, we couldn't buy SURGE, so we bought this billboard instead."

That, among many other efforts over years, finally worked! Surge has been back to many markets since 2014. It was discontinued over ten years prior.

10 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

You think Fernando doesn’t get it? What’s he supposed to do? What’s anyone to do? Axl just “isn’t ready”. Fernando tries to lie to himself to accept the bizarre circumstances, but he knows he’s lying to himself. He’s essentially living off the leavings of Axl, he had to respect his space and he must do his bidding.

Well said. Sums the situation up nicely. Fernando the ‘manager’ of Guns N’ Roses has no real input in regards to new music. Just like us, he’s waiting for Uncle Axl to decide when the time is right for new music. Unfortunately for all of us, Axl was reticent to release music as a younger man. I fear that now he’s gotten older and is staring down the barrel of 60, he may be even more obstinate. 

At this point I genuinely suspect there might not ever be a new record. It’s just so fuckin’ easy for the band to keep making money off its past successes.

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1