Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Didn't you hear?

There's a new album hidden inside the pinball machines, all you have to do is 1) buy the pinball machine, and 2) take a sledgehammer to said pinball machine in order to access the new album.

It sets you back only a few thousand dollars! What's not to love?

Only a few thousand? Put me on the list. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I agree totally. Here’s my take on it:


TB are on the gravy train and are happy to continue while Axl finances their lifestyles. I doubt they give a shit about GnR or Axl for that matter.

it’s really sad that the truth is IMO, if Steph seymours baby sitter never came into Axls life, we may have a functioning band who releases music.

I always wondered whether the 2006 leaks were done on purpose... Axl did say "you will hear new music this year" and he wasn't wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall correctly didn’t the Brazil version of rolling stone mag report last year that the next GnR tour would either be for a new album or a UYI reissue, depending on whichever comes first?

Cause if that’s the case, I bet the 2021 shows will be rebranded into “new UYI tour” or some shit.

Pretty sure they also said that an afd5 reunion was still possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Didn't you hear?

There's a new album hidden inside the pinball machines, all you have to do is 1) buy the pinball machine, and 2) take a sledgehammer to said pinball machine in order to access the new album.

It sets you back only a few thousand dollars! What's not to love?

I’ve just sledgehammered my pinball machine.....they must have forgot to put it in....😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Meegan has some photos and videos in her Instagram story, but the sound is off because she says it's top secret. Also has an emoji covering the monitors. I will assume this is GNR-related, though it probably is not. lol

Maybe she's drumming up interest for something else, but intentionally so to spark thoughts.

Someone smooth DM her! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article on BBC today which says Taylor Swift is the first artist to sell over a million copies of an album in 2020 in the US. And was the only artist in 2019......I knew physical sales had crumbled but not to that extent?!?! And these have been given a boost already with loads of signed copies being made available.

Maybe a slightly different demographic I guess (Swift fans probably consume music via streaming I’d guess) and a properly promoted new GNR album would shift some units (us old folk ‘like to have the music in our hands and read the linear notes’...😂) but the numbers would still be lower than I would have originally thought.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is there are lots of demos lying around like 'crash diet' and 'atlas shrugged' that they could finish off in a few months. Then maybe make one new song together and release that as an album. It would be a great album and everyone would be happy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, siraddam said:

The thing is there are lots of demos lying around like 'crash diet' and 'atlas shrugged' that they could finish off in a few months. Then maybe make one new song together and release that as an album. It would be a great album and everyone would be happy.

Yeah I still struggle to comprehend how Atlas hasn't seen the light of day yet.

This song was recorded before I started senior school and I'm 31 years old now!

The demo(s) need a slight bit of retouching but I'm truly staggered this hasn't been officially released in any capacity as we come to the end of 2020.

  • GNFNR 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HollyWoodRose84 said:

But do you really though? 
 

I mean.......come on. 

I do, actually, yes.

The song was completed 20 years ago. Doesn't really need any additional work.

This is a different scenario to something like Axl/Slash/Duff having not released any new music as there's no hard evidence to suggest any recording has taken place at all but Atlas is a different situation as the song was essentially finished 20 years ago.

How was this not released at any point before reunion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah I still struggle to comprehend how Atlas hasn't seen the light of day yet.

This song was recorded before I started senior school and I'm 31 years old now!

The demo(s) need a slight bit of retouching but I'm truly staggered this hasn't been officially released in any capacity as we come to the end of 2020.

No kidding! To me, Perhaps and Hardschool come to mind.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I do, actually, yes.

The song was completed 20 years ago. Doesn't really need any additional work.

This is a different scenario to something like Axl/Slash/Duff having not released any new music as there's no hard evidence to suggest any recording has taken place at all but Atlas is a different situation as the song was essentially finished 20 years ago.

How was this not released at any point before reunion?

Most of CD was effectively finished 20 years ago.....but we had to wait another 8. I don’t actually blame Axl completely for the debacle - there was clearly record company politics at play also. There was that Revolver magazine interview in 2014 where he confirmed CD2 was done as was the remix album....and then the reunion happened.

Depending on who you listen to/believe, the new album was done a while back @HollyWoodRose84works in circles where such comments could be made. That’s not to say they have worked on extra stuff since and it’s maybe going to be a bigger release in terms of scope (we know there is enough material for at least a double/triple from the Village sessions alone). AC/DCs album was done and ready to be released 7 months ago and is only now getting released!

Im one of the randoms who thinks there is too much positive signs that something will happen - Slash at Axls house, Slash confirming at guitar convention that original AFD Les Paul was taken out of storage for ‘Guns/studio work’, Slash noting during Pinball interview he was working on original Guns stuff, Susan’s interview on AFD podcast......and the rest.

For me, it’s all about when not if.....but I also 100% understand why people would think the above is a lot of utter shite 😂.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Most of CD was effectively finished 20 years ago.....but we had to wait another 8. I don’t actually blame Axl completely for the debacle - there was clearly record company politics at play also. There was that Revolver magazine interview in 2014 where he confirmed CD2 was done as was the remix album....and then the reunion happened.

Depending on who you listen to/believe, the new album was done a while back @HollyWoodRose84works in circles where such comments could be made. That’s not to say they have worked on extra stuff since and it’s maybe going to be a bigger release in terms of scope (we know there is enough material for at least a double/triple from the Village sessions alone). AC/DCs album was done and ready to be released 7 months ago and is only now getting released!

Im one of the randoms who thinks there is too much positive signs that something will happen - Slash at Axls house, Slash confirming at guitar convention that original AFD Les Paul was taken out of storage for ‘Guns/studio work’, Slash noting during Pinball interview he was working on original Guns stuff, Susan’s interview on AFD podcast......and the rest.

For me, it’s all about when not if.....but I also 100% understand why people would think the above is a lot of utter shite 😂.

Anyone who still believes there hasn't been a guns n roses album in 12 years, or only 1 original album for 29 years due to the record company is living in the happy land of delusion sadly my friend. A record company pump 15m into an album, and people think THEY are delaying it. The acdc comparison is nonsensical. As you say, they completed it 7 months ago right on the edge of a pandemic, then still released it this year. We're talking 20 years with GnR and still NO date for a new album.

I mean come on man, since the GnR reunion, Brian johnson went deaf, found a cure and came back to record an album. There is one reason there is no GnR album. Axl Rose. Any record company in the world would want to release a GnR album, any time, as many times as possible to make the most money possible. 

Edited by JimiRose
error
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Yeah I still struggle to comprehend how Atlas hasn't seen the light of day yet.

This song was recorded before I started senior school and I'm 31 years old now!

The demo(s) need a slight bit of retouching but I'm truly staggered this hasn't been officially released in any capacity as we come to the end of 2020.

I love this point about senior school. I'm 30 myself so I'm in pretty much the same boat.

I bought AFD in 2003/04 and got big into GNR. I would have absolutely gone crazy around that time to have heard stuff like Hard School, Atlas Shrugged, State Of Grace & Perhaps.

It's criminal that only now are we hearing these great songs, and also makes you wonder what else Axl has in the vault that we have no clue about. 

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Anyone who still believes there hasn't been a guns n roses album in 12 years, or only 1 original album for 29 years due to the record company is living in the happy land of delusion sadly my friend. A record company pump 15m into an album, and people think THEY are delaying it. The acdc comparison is nonsensical. As you say, they completed it 7 months ago right on the edge of a pandemic, then still released it this year. We're talking 20 years with GnR and still NO date for a new album.

I mean come on man, since the GnR reunion, Brian johnson went deaf, found a cure and came back to record an album. There is one reason there is no GnR album. Axl Rose. Any record company in the world would want to release a GnR album, any time, as many times as possible to make the most money possible. 

Absolutely. There's also the fact that it would be incredibly profitable, as (I would imagine) the demand for physical copies would be far higher than a lot of other acts and the need for promotion is lessened too. 

Any label would bend over backwards to get a new album from GNR out. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Anyone who still believes there hasn't been a guns n roses album in 12 years, or only 1 original album for 29 years due to the record company is living in the happy land of delusion sadly my friend. A record company pump 15m into an album, and people think THEY are delaying it. The acdc comparison is nonsensical. As you say, they completed it 7 months ago right on the edge of a pandemic, then still released it this year. We're talking 20 years with GnR and still NO date for a new album.

I mean come on man, since the GnR reunion, Brian johnson went deaf, found a cure and came back to record an album. There is one reason there is no GnR album. Axl Rose. Any record company in the world would want to release a GnR album, any time, as many times as possible to make the most money possible. 

As I said - I totally understand why folk would think what I said was a load of rubbish! Some would say 2020 is such a mess that a trip to the happy land of delusion might be OK actually 😂.

Clearly a large chunk of the blame is at Axls door - absolutely no doubt - but the producer debacles (as noted by Stinson etc) with Ezrin and RTB clearly went some way to making it worse. Based on the leaks, Ezrin was wrong to report back that the material wasn’t there.

The AC/DC thing was more to illustrate it was in the can way before anyone knew about it....and let’s be honest, none of us knows what has been recorded for GNR really.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allwaystired said:

Absolutely. There's also the fact that it would be incredibly profitable, as (I would imagine) the demand for physical copies would be far higher than a lot of other acts and the need for promotion is lessened too. 

Any label would bend over backwards to get a new album from GNR out. 

It’s funny - I posted on another thread that only Taylor Swift in 2019 and 2020 has shifted over a million physical copies of an album. I knew physical sales were down but that’s horrific!!

Now - GNR are a different demographic in that most of us probably still favour the physical copy....but even I was horrified at those facts. GNR would push good numbers of course but less than I imagined!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

As I said - I totally understand why folk would think what I said was a load of rubbish! Some would say 2020 is such a mess that a trip to the happy land of delusion might be OK actually 😂.

Clearly a large chunk of the blame is at Axls door - absolutely no doubt - but the producer debacles (as noted by Stinson etc) with Ezrin and RTB clearly went some way to making it worse. Based on the leaks, Ezrin was wrong to report back that the material wasn’t there.

The AC/DC thing was more to illustrate it was in the can way before anyone knew about it....and let’s be honest, none of us knows what has been recorded for GNR really.

The land of delusion is no bad place, one has hope and peace there. Sadly I have checked out of it and back into GnRs reality! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

The land of delusion is no bad place, one has hope and peace there. Sadly I have checked out of it and back into GnRs reality! 

Ha ha - yeah. The way I look at it - I never thought I would see any kind of reunion so the fact it happened (regardless of it being driven by rekindled friendship or plain old cash) means anything’s possible now. It might take ages but I’m sure we will get something...in the meantime there’s other stuff to keep me entertained. I need to read Sorums book properly......I gather that’s entertaining 😂.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Interesting article on BBC today which says Taylor Swift is the first artist to sell over a million copies of an album in 2020 in the US. And was the only artist in 2019......I knew physical sales had crumbled but not to that extent?!?! And these have been given a boost already with loads of signed copies being made available.

Maybe a slightly different demographic I guess (Swift fans probably consume music via streaming I’d guess) and a properly promoted new GNR album would shift some units (us old folk ‘like to have the music in our hands and read the linear notes’...😂) but the numbers would still be lower than I would have originally thought.

Taylor Swift's marketing is A+. Via her own website, she sells multiple merchandise bundle versions of her latest album, autographed CDs and even LPs. Add to that all the retailer-specific special editions and bundles, as well as digital sales. Having a loyal fanbase and rewarding them with the ability to purchase NEW MUSIC along with merch leads to huge numbers. I mean, it's like someone is professionally managing her brand. :shrugs:

 

And yes, I'm aware that I know way too much about about Taylor Swift. I swear it's all thanks to having daughters :ph34r:

11 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

I do, actually, yes.

The song was completed 20 years ago. Doesn't really need any additional work.

This is a different scenario to something like Axl/Slash/Duff having not released any new music as there's no hard evidence to suggest any recording has taken place at all but Atlas is a different situation as the song was essentially finished 20 years ago.

How was this not released at any point before reunion?

See: Rose, W. Axl

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Taylor Swift's marketing is A+. Via her own website, she sells multiple merchandise bundle versions of her latest album, autographed CDs and even LPs. Add to that all the retailer-specific special editions and bundles, as well as digital sales. Having a loyal fanbase and rewarding them with the ability to purchase NEW MUSIC along with merch leads to huge numbers. I mean, it's like someone is professionally managing her brand. :shrugs:

 

And yes, I'm aware that I know way too much about about Taylor Swift. I swear it's all thanks to having daughters :ph34r:

See: Rose, W. Axl

Totally - sounds cool with all the stuff available. So if you think about all the stuff she does it’s even more remarkable that even she has only just broke the million barrier.

As for the GNR site.....you can’t even buy UYI, Lies, Spaghetti or CD on any medium....completely and utterly bizarre you have to go to Amazon etc to get these. I can totally imagine a ‘newbie’ losing the plot trying to find UYI 1 on the website to buy not realising it’s not even there!!!!

It does make me wonder if there is something else at play for them to be completely missing - issues with record company? Surely even novice management would be saying - “see those few albums you have....might be an idea to have them for sale in your website???”.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Totally - sounds cool with all the stuff available. So if you think about all the stuff she does it’s even more remarkable that even she has only just broke the million barrier.

As for the GNR site.....you can’t even buy UYI, Lies, Spaghetti or CD on any medium....completely and utterly bizarre you have to go to Amazon etc to get these. I can totally imagine a ‘newbie’ losing the plot trying to find UYI 1 on the website to buy not realising it’s not even there!!!!

It does make me wonder if there is something else at play for them to be completely missing - issues with record company? Surely even novice management would be saying - “see those few albums you have....might be an idea to have them for sale in your website???”.

Fuck this band is an embarrassment. We should start  new topic. Bands/actors/organisations managed worse than GnR. I'll start the list below:

1. ...........

Nope, I got nothing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...