The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

There were also some bonus tracks on that album that were only available on the physical release, so that increased sales also.

Yep. Marketing is a great tool when used properly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe, it's possible (if anything) they would only play on the song and have no other input to justify a writing credit. 

True. Plus - there is a Rose/Tobias song on that list so whoever cobbled that list together must have thought Slash will be cool to play on a Tobias song in which he has no credit himself...😂.

I REALLY wanted this to be true (we all do) but.....☹️

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

To be honest, I believe they are hyping that upcoming NITL live-release that Fernando told us about. And it will be dissapointing EVEN for the regulars. Just look at the comments how much people are hyped about new music!

Too little, too late. If they drop a half assed live album it will bomb hard.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Maybe, it's possible (if anything) they would only play on the song and have no other input to justify a writing credit. 

I hope they won't have writing credits on songs like this, based on OMG.

In fact, I hope they won't waste any time with CD era stuff at all and release a real GNR record instead.

Edited by Free Bird
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

In fact, I hope they won't waste any time with CD era stuff at all and release a real GNR record instead.

CD2 as it existed in 2006-2014 was probably better than what the current lineup could have done from scratch since 2016.

When/if the next album drops, I predict it will be heavy on CD2 material.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

CD2 as it existed in 2006-2014 was probably better than what the current lineup could have done from scratch since 2016.

When/if the next album drops, I predict it will be heavy on CD2 material.

That's all hypothetic, but I'm convinced Axl and Slash are capable of more than just OMG type of songs. TBH, it's exhausting to talk about things that could have happened or things that aren't gonna happen at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's all hypothetic, but I'm convinced Axl and Slash are capable of more than just OMG type of songs. TBH, it's exhausting to talk about things that could have happened or things that aren't gonna happen at all.

Which sums up the whole history of GN'R. 

42 minutes ago, axlweave said:

Shit I would be happy with a live album from the nitl tour it’s better than nothing better than a pinball machine most can’t afford better than trucks and other trinkets 

I'd say it'd make perfect sense to at least release a live album/Blu-Ray to document the NITL tour this year, plus it would give us something to digest until they get a new record out hopefully not long afterwards. Fernando said they were looking at releasing a Blu-Ray this fall, but who knows if anything will come of it? 

44 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The thing that really kills it is Atlas Shrugged and Hardschool being the only songs with partial letters revealed, lol.

You have better eyesight than me - I can only see Hardschool! 😂

• Like 1