The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

I'm sorry, but that theory that COVID preveted the band from release something doesn't make any sense. There's a ton of new music being released since March from a lot of artists, but then again people would say "why release something if they're not gonna be able to tour?", well GNR only properly toured ChiDem in 2010, after two years of it being released.

My theory is, since all those songs leaked: Atlas, Perhaps, Hardschool, there's no other "new" songs, and why bother to release something that's already out there and for free? Maybe they have "The General" and two / three other "finished" songs that are unheard yet.

The point is: they don't have a new record, Slash is releasing a new record in 2021 and is going to tour it. Forget it, let it go, there's nothing out there.

Didnt fernando say in one his reddit chats, that the if the band release new music they want to tour it?.

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Good point, yeah. The “honeymoon” phase is over.

At this point id be happy with the UYI box and/or NITL bluray.

Im more looking forward to the illusions anniversary material than new music. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Legendador said:

I'm sorry, but that theory that COVID preveted the band from release something doesn't make any sense. There's a ton of new music being released since March from a lot of artists, but then again people would say "why release something if they're not gonna be able to tour?", well GNR only properly toured ChiDem in 2010, after two years of it being released.

After one year. They started in winter 2009, and it went continually from then on. 

11 hours ago, Legendador said:

My theory is, since all those songs leaked: Atlas, Perhaps, Hardschool, there's no other "new" songs, and why bother to release something that's already out there and for free? Maybe they have "The General" and two / three other "finished" songs that are unheard yet.

The point is: they don't have a new record, Slash is releasing a new record in 2021 and is going to tour it. Forget it, let it go, there's nothing out there.

There must be: a) stuff from the old days they could always revamp; b) stuff from the CD era – we’ve only heard 5 new songs with complete vocals, but these are only a few cds; there’s other material, even if the only remaining tracks were those demos without lyrics; c) according to the musicians themselves, they’ve been working on new material as well. Therefore, I wouldn’t be afraid that there’s nothing to work with – I’d be afraid of how long it will take before it sees the light of day. 

In any case, yeah, I don’t believe Covid prevents the band from doing at least something. If they only want to release a new record under the condition that they can tour it immediately, that’s fine, but this still doesn’t justify the fact they haven’t released anything whatsoever – like a single, a video, videos from the old days, a new dvd… the possibilities are vast. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Of course Covid could be a legitimate reason for not releasing stuff, whats one year more to us, we have already waited 12 years :lol:

A lot of musicians/groups that had planned to release albums early in the year pushed to release 6 months ahead. They thought that Covid-19 had gone by then, but what happened? 
It makes much more sense to put out an album to tour, but at the same time I think most artists get bored and want to be productive and get something out. 
Look at Bon jovi f.example - the album got heavily influenced by the year and what we have been going through - but I think with at tour behind it the exposure would have been so much better.

But in these times we dont even know if 2021 will be going more back to normal and bands can start touring again, it would have been a great christmas present for us fans to only get 1 new song to hold us over and wait for the full album until they can start touring again.

And even though it seems like its just GNR that is not managing to get something out, there is also other releases that is still not released because of the uncertainty and circumstances:

Extreme - New album finished early 2020
Helloween - First album with Michael Kiske since '93, was supposed to be out aug 2020

Steven Wilson - coming early 2021 (was supposed to be out before summer 2020)
Ugly Kid Joe - Rad wings of destiny, new album ready to go, obviously also wants to tour behind it.

I would have been all for the band tiding us over with a live album from NITL. Queen and Maiden both released/are releasing live albums that only exist as a means to give the fans some live material in the absence of touring. Maiden would have released something after the tour anyways, but nevertheless they are putting it out now.

38 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I would have been all for the band tiding us over with a live album from NITL. Queen and Maiden both released/are releasing live albums that only exist as a means to give the fans some live material in the absence of touring. Maiden would have released something after the tour anyways, but nevertheless they are putting it out now.

Fernando mentioned that they were looking at releasing something later this year, but as the weeks pass us by, it's beginning to look increasingly unlikely. Hopefully something is announced shortly.

"We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year. We do have some ideas in place which was due to take place this year before the pandemic took over, however I am hoping it can still happen on our rescheduled dates in 2021."

This was from his Reddit chat 2 months ago. 

Edited by Dean

15 hours ago, Legendador said:

In 2006 Axl rose said they have 2.5 albums worth of material. In 2014, he said CD2 was done,.

They definitely, at the very, very least, have one full album of material.

• GNFNR 1

I would be completely at ease if the band released a hybrid album of old and new material like van halen did with a different kind of truth.

I would accept if the band publically said they just want to be a touring band, play the hits a few deep cuts get rid of the covers and tour every year or two to allow slash to focus on his solo stuff. Once SMKC finishes an album/tour cycle back to GNR touring. 

One would think its a waste if GNR dont release new music and i get that, but with axl at 60 i dont see his voice continuing past 65 for another 3 or 4 year tour.

Considering slash has said he would like GNR to be an album/tour/album/tour cycle band i feel they have one album left. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would be completely at ease if the band released a hybrid album of old and new material like van halen did with a different kind of truth.

I would accept if the band publically said they just want to be a touring band, play the hits a few deep cuts get rid of the covers and tour every year or two to allow slash to focus on his solo stuff. Once SMKC finishes an album/tour cycle back to GNR touring. 

One would think its a waste if GNR dont release new music and i get that, but with axl at 60 i dont see his voice continuing past 65 for another 3 or 4 year tour.

Considering slash has said he would like GNR to be an album/tour/album/tour cycle band i feel they have one album left. 

Yeah I think there is no shame in diving into the well of great ideas if they are there, A Different Kind of Truth was great in that sense.  

I think that whatever type of act they want to be, active or purely nostalgia based, I just wish they would tell it like it is.  No more of this "we are trading ideas and hope to get something out" vague BS 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Yeah I think there is no shame in diving into the well of great ideas if they are there, A Different Kind of Truth was great in that sense.  

I think that whatever type of act they want to be, active or purely nostalgia based, I just wish they would tell it like it is.  No more of this "we are trading ideas and hope to get something out" vague BS 

I completely agree. I liked a different kind of truth, but hated roths vocals. His yelping style didnt suit the songs. With a GNR hybrid album i feel axls vocals studio wise would be better, so his vocals would be the least thing i would be critiquing as part a new album.

I feel the band know what they want to be, but it would be wirthwhile being honest with the fanbase. And i doubt they would lose any ticket sales or future revenue with just being a touring band if thats what they desire. Fans would take it or leave it.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Not specifically related to GN’R, but System Of A Down just released new music for the first time in 15 years.

I’m happy for fans of SOAD, but man, as a diehard GN’R fan who wants new music from this band more than any other band, it’s yet another gut punch. 

• Like 4