The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

26 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

Not specifically related to GN’R, but System Of A Down just released new music for the first time in 15 years.

I’m happy for fans of SOAD, but man, as a diehard GN’R fan who wants new music from this band more than any other band, it’s yet another gut punch. 

Just about to post the same!

15 years...

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

Not specifically related to GN’R, but System Of A Down just released new music for the first time in 15 years.

I’m happy for fans of SOAD, but man, as a diehard GN’R fan who wants new music from this band more than any other band, it’s yet another gut punch. 

I was just about to say the same thing.

Springsteen, The Struts, Fever333, AC/DC, Mr Bungle....even Kylie have all released new music this year.

Gnr are either very very badly managed or they have absolutely no faith in any ‘new music’ they might have cobbled together.

....probably both.

3 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Wow, that's incredible. Never would've thought they would create new music. Too bad our favorite band can't do that

4 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Yeah - that came out of nowhere! Neither song is particularly great on first listen....decent.....but kudos for putting material out.

Edited by DTJ80

2 hours ago, marinergtfc said:

I was just about to say the same thing.

Springsteen, The Struts, Fever333, AC/DC, Mr Bungle....even Kylie have all released new music this year.

Gnr are either very very badly managed or they have absolutely no faith in any ‘new music’ they might have cobbled together.

....probably both.

.....or there is absolutely no 'new music' in existence, which is definitely the way I lean. I still see no concrete evidence at all that the band have worked on anything new in any meaningful capacity. 

For the avoidance of doubt I don't take vague and evasive comments from band members or someone saying Slash's guitar had been to Axl's house as 'concrete evidence'. 

I don't think for one second that we're talking about an inability to actually release something when we consider the lack of new material, we're talking about a lack of commitment or desire (or whatever) to even have that material in the first place. 

I think blaming Fernando all the time is a bit like shooting the messenger. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

.....or there is absolutely no 'new music' in existence, which is definitely the way I lean. I still see no concrete evidence at all that the band have worked on anything new in any meaningful capacity. 

For the avoidance of doubt I don't take vague and evasive comments from band members or someone saying Slash's guitar had been to Axl's house as 'concrete evidence'. 

I don't think for one second that we're talking about an inability to actually release something when we consider the lack of new material, we're talking about a lack of commitment or desire (or whatever) to even have that material in the first place. 

I think blaming Fernando all the time is a bit like shooting the messenger. 

Agreed re Fernando - albeit the frustration is when he makes comments re new music/NITL DVDs etc which never materialise and no explanation given. Better to say nothing at all in that scenario (regardless of how frustrating the lack of news is....no news is still better than ‘fake news’).

23 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Agreed re Fernando - albeit the frustration is when he makes comments re new music/NITL DVDs etc which never materialise and no explanation given. Better to say nothing at all in that scenario (regardless of how frustrating the lack of news is....no news is still better than ‘fake news’).

True. You can even look at that two ways though- that maybe he just feels the need to say and do SOMETHING to keep people engaged, whereas nothing might be arguably the best policy. I imagine he sees it as trying to bring positivity, whereas it can definitely be interpreted as promising but not delivering. I don't know.  Just suggesting an idea here. 

One thing is for sure though- Fernando is absolutely not stopping, hindering or getting in the way of any new music coming out. 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

True. You can even look at that two ways though- that maybe he just feels the need to say and do SOMETHING to keep people engaged, whereas nothing might be arguably the best policy. I imagine he sees it as trying to bring positivity, whereas it can definitely be interpreted as promising but not delivering. I don't know.  Just suggesting an idea here. 

One thing is for sure though- Fernando is absolutely not stopping, hindering or getting in the way of any new music coming out. 

Yeah - i totally get why he would want to say something positive.

Anyone who thinks it’s his fault that here is no new music is waaaay off. He is guilty of many things - but not this one.

27 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Anyone who thinks it’s his fault that here is no new music is waaaay off. He is guilty of many things - but not this one.

But seriously - can you believe that Guns didn’t drop a new release on election night? 

36 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

He is guilty of leading fans up the garden path though, making us believe that new music is imminent, when it clearly never was. Covid couldn't have come at a time for Fernando Lebeis.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Towelie said:

He is guilty of leading fans up the garden path though, making us believe that new music is imminent, when it clearly never was. Covid couldn't have come at a time for Fernando Lebeis.

To be fair - I did criticise him for that further up (better to say nothing than say something which doesn’t come to pass like new songs/NITL dvd/Selects). I was just saying it’s not him to blame for no music - that’s squarely on the band.

38 minutes ago, soon said:

But seriously - can you believe that Guns didn’t drop a new release on election night? 

A single would have been cool - particularly given if lyrically it’s more political like many people here think his current passions are.

We were more likely to get a re-release of Civil War to be honest. 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Speak for yourself. I'm keen to get my hands on some awesome new tattos so I can be the big man about town and attract the attention of all the ladies. I haven't been getting a sniff of action since the AFD ones washed off in the bath 2 years ago. 

I hear you! But then you will have a Matt Sorum skull ring, maybe a Gilby and a Dizzy one! and 59 different versions of November Rain.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I hear you! But then you will have a Matt Sorum skull ring, maybe a Gilby and a Dizzy one! and 59 different versions of November Rain.

Ooh, that's true. I'd like to get a ring for every finger on my right AND left hand. Really flash the silver around. 

3 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

not sure after the desaster of the AFD 's box

It’s actually quite possible....there is a thread on here called Need Your Help started by @troccoli where ideas/requests for potential ideas for inclusion in a UYI boxset were asked for. Someone from the record company reached out so it’s very possible. 👍

• Thanks 1