The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 11/2/2020 at 6:04 PM, allwaystired said:

Wonder how GNAIR is doing? 

That truly was one of the strangest moments of recent years- pilot badges and shirts for a fake airline! Imagine trying to explain that to someone who asked why you were wearing a big pair of aviators with 'GNAIR' on the side!

Bonkers. Merchandises based around a pinball game is sane in comparison to that. 

I think management was just thrilled to be flying private. Recall that video of Axl punching a guy at the airport. Axl was walking thru normal people. Now, it’s back to booking a huge private jet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I think management was just thrilled to be flying private. Recall that video of Axl punching a guy at the airport. Axl was walking thru normal people. Now, it’s back to booking a huge private jet. 

As I recall, that guy did kind of need punching! But yeah, things have changed a lot! 

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ooh, that's true. I'd like to get a ring for every finger on my right AND left hand. Really flash the silver around. 

With all the "members" of GNR, from the last decade,  this shouldn't be a big problem... 😜

Don't forget the toe rings!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

The band's catalog does contain a number of November releases, and it does make the most sense to release something right before Black Friday. However, releasing a new album is most likely contingent on whether Axl's boy Joe Biden is able to cheat his way to the presidency. Axl probably dedicated a love song to him for the new record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band's catalog does contain a number of November releases, and it does make the most sense to release something right before Black Friday. However, releasing a new album is most likely contingent on whether Axl's boy Joe Biden is able to cheat his way to the presidency. Axl probably dedicated a love song to him for the new record.

Oh the stupidity

29 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Slash still talks to him on a regular basis. 

According to Niven. Niven lost all credibility with me when he went on this same show in 2016 and claimed he had inside information that Izzy was writing with GNR again, which turned out to be utter bullshit. And, his statement about Axl being on a spiritual quest and he couldn’t believe Axl would sing in a devil band like AC/DC. Jeez. I don’t discredit his contributions to GNR. There would probably have not been a UYI tour for awhile had he not just booked it, so there’s always that and some other stuff. But he is not in any loop at all.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Not specifically related to GN’R, but System Of A Down just released new music for the first time in 15 years.

I’m happy for fans of SOAD, but man, as a diehard GN’R fan who wants new music from this band more than any other band, it’s yet another gut punch. 

And not just 1 song but 2. It's not anything mind blowing but still it's something.

2 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Have y’all noticed that Mitch Lafon has been insinuating on Twitter that a new album or some sort of a release is imminent? That and the weird cryptic GNR tweets......probably nothing as usual 

He's always saying stuff like that, and he's been wrong before.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Why would anyone talk to Niven about GNR at this point. He hasn’t been in the loop for 30 years.

Yeah right? He doesn't know anything.

20 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

According to Niven. Niven lost all credibility with me when he went on this same show in 2016 and claimed he had inside information that Izzy was writing with GNR again, which turned out to be utter bullshit. And, his statement about Axl being on a spiritual quest and he couldn’t believe Axl would sing in a devil band like AC/DC. Jeez. I don’t discredit his contributions to GNR. There would probably have not been a UYI tour for awhile had he not just booked it, so there’s always that and some other stuff. But he is not in any loop at all.

And also when he claimed that Izzy was at a soundcheck with the others.

I have to be serious, that little November 20 comment by Mitch Lafon raised by eyebrows a bit, but i really don't think it will relate to new music. Who knows, maybe that black and white shot he replied to was from the upcoming live show Fernando said they had been working on, lol.

Edit: For what it's worth, Mitch said below his retweet that there 'are too many rumors to know what's real'.

Maybe there's some industry chatter about something, but i see no reason for GNR to release new stuff right now. Not without marketing and not around the same time as AC/DC.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I have to be serious, that little November 20 comment by Mitch Lafon raised by eyebrows a bit, but i really don't think it will relate to new music. Who knows, maybe that black and white shot he replied to was from the upcoming live show Fernando said they had been working on, lol.

Edit: For what it's worth, Mitch said below his retweet that there 'are too many rumors to know what's real'.

Maybe there's some industry chatter about something, but i see no reason for GNR to release new stuff right now. Not without marketing and not around the same time as AC/DC.

What story is this? 

4 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

I believe Foo Fighters are gonna bring their tenth studio album out really soon. They're also hinting at social media

The Foo Fighters' hints are also obviously transparently about new music, whereas the GNR social media posts could be any old meaningless bollocks.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

A silent release on November 20th would absolutely blow the internet :D But being super optimistic, IF that date it's true, then it's going to be for a single or a live album.

This is Gn'R we are talking about, plus Mitch Lafon and Alan Niven aren't too reliable.

Why would Mitch Lafon know about this and, for example, Eddie Trunk not?

Edited by GNRfanMILO