The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

I hope you're right, but it is a ballsy guess lol. Too many people (myself included) have fallen on proverbial swords regarding estimating dates for new music.

Hardschool :lol: ya think 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gibbo said:

Hardschool :lol: ya think 

It totally will be, lol. Imagine how many people in the online community would be pissed to hear a leaked song be the first single. Though i did like the changes Duff and Slash made to it in the short rehearsal clips we got earlier this year., so i wouldn't really mind it being the first single so long as there is more to come.

1 minute ago, Trin9498 said:

Why would an AC/DC release make it a bad time for a GNR release? I don’t get the logic on this one...

That was my comment, and my thinking was that Guns would 1) want to promote their new release heavily before/during/after and 2) ensure that any new release has the best chance of success, which means not having it compete with others (like AC/DC) and ensure that the ability is there to pimp it out (e.g. merchandise/concerts, etc). Hence, i doubted an album release for November 20.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band's catalog does contain a number of November releases, and it does make the most sense to release something right before Black Friday. However, releasing a new album is most likely contingent on whether Axl's boy Joe Biden is able to cheat his way to the presidency. Axl probably dedicated a love song to him for the new record.

Cheat his way? OK, loser.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

The pod still isnt up, later today I guess.

Im not expecting much.

Prolly Mitch asks Niven when a good time for any potential release would be. Niven says 'just before Black Friday', because Guns has numerous releases timed for the holidays/gift giving season.

Then they muse about hearing industry people talk about a new release. And of course so have we already heard the band, Arlette, Niven, Fernando, etc talk about the band wanting to release something.

Basically, I bet this podcast will just be the discussions we have in this thread everyday, said out loud. :shrugs:

... That being said, what if what we hear later today sounds legit??? I'd be so happy I'd slap a stranger!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

A guess or based on knowledge?

Guess. A single is the best we can hope for. When was the reunion announced was that the 1st of Jan or few days in?

Edited by Gibbo

12 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band's catalog does contain a number of November releases, and it does make the most sense to release something right before Black Friday. However, releasing a new album is most likely contingent on whether Axl's boy Joe Biden is able to cheat his way to the presidency. Axl probably dedicated a love song to him for the new record.

Once criticizing Bidens VP pick and ones retweeting a Biden campaign ad = "Axls boy Joe Biden." Who knew? :lol:

Im not kidding, Im fairly sure that those two events make to totality of Axls references to Biden.

For some reason I find the idea of someone being triggered by two tweets - one of which was negative towards the Biden ticket - even more bizarre than the baseless claim that Bidens cheating!

46 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

That was my comment, and my thinking was that Guns would 1) want to promote their new release heavily before/during/after and 2) ensure that any new release has the best chance of success, which means not having it compete with others (like AC/DC) and ensure that the ability is there to pimp it out (e.g. merchandise/concerts, etc). Hence, i doubted an album release for November 20.

Ahhh gotcha. I think that if, and that’s basically a HUGE if, they had material to release, now would be good since they can’t tour. Drop an album, assume it’s good, increase demand for touring when covid is over. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I'm willing to bet 100€ that there won't be new GNR music and also no announcement for new GNR music on November 20

No one would ever take that bet! 

Just think how many dates and rumours like this we've had! 

Please don't fall for it again folks. You'll only be disappointed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No one would ever take that bet! 

Just think how many dates and rumours like this we've had! 

Please don't fall for it again folks. You'll only be disappointed. 

This is so true. Go on with ur lives and let Fernando do what he does best. Misleading fans via internet =)

11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

The album was ready to go before the world got shut down. It would very surprising to me if they actually released it during a time when they can’t tour behind it although my guess is that AC/DC doing the same thing Is what pushed Axl to consider the option. 

Interesting point...

2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Why would an AC/DC release make it a bad time for a GNR release? I don’t get the logic on this one...

Neither do i, because gnr released CD in the same year as acdc´s Black Ice and Metallica, Death Magnetic.