The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I sure hope so, though the next eventual album, if mostly CD2 era stuff we will not have to worry too much about bad songs.

Subsequent albums with a heavier Slash influence, could definitely be an issue. I did very much like his 2010 solo album though. That's what we need, with Axl.

Yeah, cuz CD was such a huge hit without Slash. :lol:

Slash will elevate anything Axl presents to him. It’s what he does. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Foo Fighters were a really good rock band until mid-2000’s but have really lost it IMO. Yeah they churn out a fair amount of material but problem is that the quality is seriously lacking n most of it now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wasting light was a fantastic album, but agree, since then it's been mostly filler. However there's 2/3 good tracks on each album and I'd kill for 2/3 good songs every 2/3 years from guns! 

8 minutes ago, Walapino said:

they dont have to drop a full album this year with a good single and video im happy plus a NITL blu ray. They can wait for the full album next year if they so want to tour it.

Exactly. Like a normal band. 1 single and video now. then the NITL dvd. Then a second single around xmas with a video. Then a 3rd one in late january before a feb/march release date.  album is out say 2 months before a tour so every fan has it and you play the new songs live in May. That would make total sense. This is GnR though. Probably get nothing for 2 years then they'll drop a triple album surprise release that has so much material, nothing sticks. Actually what am I saying. That'll never happen

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If Perhaps and Hardschool are on the next album, do you think they will be better or worse (mixing and mastering aside since what we heard were rough mixes) than the village versions from 2000?

I’m fairly confident the vocal takes will be the same, or mostly so.

I guarantee the vocal takes would be identical. At worst a few overdubs (as per Rhiad, SOD)

• Like 1

CD has generally positive reviews, and was certified platinum. 

A lack of Slash was not the biggest issue with CD.

I agree with you. The lack of Izzy was the biggest problem with CD. 

The biggest issue for me was the lack of promotion on Axl's part and the shoddy release of the album from the label with a booklet full of typos despite one being available that was error free. So much more could have and should have been done to promote stellar fucking work that a lot of players worked hard on, Axl included, over a period of roughly 10 years. Mental. I hope they get it right with whatever they do next.

• Like 4

From what Myles is saying, it seems like SMKC is just starting to develop ideas for a new album. It doesn't seem like it'll be out next year. 

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators-are-working-on-new-material/

"[We've been] working on new material off and on for years, really. I mean, since we did the last run, which was — geez, how long has it been now? I don't even remember. Everything is just kind of running together! [Laughs] But, there's always new ideas starting to bloom. Due to the state of things, as far as getting that material out, we're just going to have to wait and see. But there are always ideas in the pipeline."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Wasting light was a fantastic album, but agree, since then it's been mostly filler. However there's 2/3 good tracks on each album and I'd kill for 2/3 good songs every 2/3 years from guns! 

Wasting Light was OK actually - White Limo was really good. I’m struggling with 2/3 per album though. Totally agreed re GNR....even a happy  compromise is a series of EPs over the next few years 😂!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

From what Myles is saying, it seems like SMKC is just starting to develop ideas for a new album. It doesn't seem like it'll be out next year. 

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-featuring-myles-kennedy-and-the-conspirators-are-working-on-new-material/

"[We've been] working on new material off and on for years, really. I mean, since we did the last run, which was — geez, how long has it been now? I don't even remember. Everything is just kind of running together! [Laughs] But, there's always new ideas starting to bloom. Due to the state of things, as far as getting that material out, we're just going to have to wait and see. But there are always ideas in the pipeline."

That right it's Strange to said that. I thought Slash said it was almost done !!!!

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

CD has generally positive reviews, and was certified platinum. 

A lack of Slash was not the biggest issue with CD.

That’s the thing - whilst it underperformed in terms of units shifted, critically it did really well for the most part.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dean said:

The biggest issue for me was the lack of promotion on Axl's part and the shoddy release of the album from the label with a booklet full of typos despite one being available that was error free. So much more could have and should have been done to promote stellar fucking work that a lot of players worked hard on, Axl included, over a period of roughly 10 years. Mental. I hope they get it right with whatever they do next.

I couldn't have said it better. Most casual listeners couldn't tell who's playing what on the album anyways, all they want or recognize is Axl.

• GNFNR 1

I couldn't have said it better. Most casual listeners couldn't tell who's playing what on the album anyways, all they want or recognize is Axl.

To any casual fans who bought a copy of CD out of curiosity, and had no idea slash left they probably read or looked at the booklet to see if there were any slash photos and slash written lyrics.

15 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

What! New merchandise? Woohoo! Where did this info leak. Was there a leaked fake but real photo of a piece of paper that has the details of a new GnR toilet lid or something f’n equally bitchin’ on it? How many Tuesdays until release? 😁

It's so sad how GnR will seemingly sell ANYTHING with a Guns logo slapped on it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

To any casual fans who bought a copy of CD out of curiosity, and had no idea slash left they probably read or looked at the booklet to see if there were any slash photos and slash written lyrics.

That’s assuming they read the booklet, and assuming they can even read to begin with. Hahaha 

20 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I encountered people who claimed to be 'massive fans' that were unaware Slash wouldn't be onstage during the Nu-GNR era. Absolutely mental. 

I've even met someone who saw them in that era that refused to accept they hadn't seen Slash onstage that night. 'Oh, so now I'm a liar am I? What makes you think you know what I saw?' etc etc. He just seemed to take it really personally when I told him he 100% hadn't seen it. That level of delusion is off the scale, so absolutely there will be (and still are) 'big fans' who have no idea Slash wasn't on CD. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2