The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"YOU WANTED A NEW ALBUM? WELL THEY DIDN'T FUCKIN' MAKE IT. SO HERE'S WHAT YOU GET, FROM HOLLYWOOD"

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

9 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

A silent release on November 20th would absolutely blow the internet :D But being super optimistic, IF that date it's true, then it's going to be for a single or a live album.

This is Gn'R we are talking about, plus Mitch Lafon and Alan Niven aren't too reliable.

Why would Mitch Lafon know about this and, for example, Eddie Trunk not?

Eddie wouldn't know about it either. He's still waiting for his Axl interview remember.

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If the album was coming out this November, we would have likely heard a lot more rumors about it.

I would LOVE to be wrong though.

And they would've done some marketing already as well.

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

He just said in the podcast his source is the "internal document from Universal".

He's stupider than I thought then :facepalm:

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Skipped ahead: "I haven't heard anything"-Todd Kerns. Fuck Mitch Lafon.

Lol I could've told you that Todd hasn't heard anything.

I suppose it could be probable that we might hear something on the 20th but I wouldn't hold my breath. As it is it's already too late.

26 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Eddie wouldn't know about it either. He's still waiting for his Axl interview remember.

And they would've done some marketing already as well.

He's stupider than I thought then :facepalm:

Lol I could've told you that Todd hasn't heard anything.

I suppose it could be probable that we might hear something on the 20th but I wouldn't hold my breath. As it is it's already too late.

Apologies if I have misunderstood but It’s never too late to hear new stuff!! I’ll always want to hear whatever Axl/Slash release.

12 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What did ya'll expect? ACTUAL Guns news? Don't worry the new merchandise for this month will be out shortly!

What! New merchandise? Woohoo! Where did this info leak. Was there a leaked fake but real photo of a piece of paper that has the details of a new GnR toilet lid or something f’n equally bitchin’ on it? How many Tuesdays until release? 😁

I'm starting to feel bad for this band. We're such ungrateful fucks. I mean, they gave us some overwhelmingly awesome pinball machines and we still got nothing better to do than keep on complaining. 

• Haha 3

If Perhaps and Hardschool are on the next album, do you think they will be better or worse (mixing and mastering aside since what we heard were rough mixes) than the village versions from 2000?

I’m fairly confident the vocal takes will be the same, or mostly so.

45 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

So New ACDC New Foo fighters, New System Of a Down, New Public Enemy, New Smashing Pumpkins, New Pearl Jam New Gorillaz, New NIN, New Green Day, New Taylor Swift, New Idles. 

Guns N Roses? now is not the time.

Seems like a pretty good time to release new music to me. I'm in a band with my brother. We have 8/9 songs ready to go. I want to put out an EP. He says as we only play clubs and bars there's no point whilst we're locked down. He's now changing guitar solos and swapping cymbal hit sounds on Logik. Now he says it's not ready even if he wanted to because he can make it better. I've diagnosed him with axlitis. A horrible disease, please send your thoughts and prayers to myself and Two Pound Tea. 

Oh the list extends well beyond those bands! Seems virtually every band or singer has released something. Certainly more have than haven't. 

'Waiting to tour' is a very dodgy road to go down if you're GNR. At some point you'll have to explain why you're now touring again without releasing anything. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If Perhaps and Hardschool are on the next album, do you think they will be better or worse (mixing and mastering aside since what we heard were rough mixes) than the village versions from 2000?

Same vocals with slash and duff overdubs. State of grace was really lacking a monster solo, so that'll get one. If we don't get the General, we RIOT!

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Difficult question. If Slash treats these songs with the same respect he had for the other CD stuff, then I would prefer it if they just left it alone.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Nesret said:

Difficult question. If Slash treats these songs with the same respect he had for the other CD stuff, then I would prefer it if they just left it alone.

Me too, that would be best case for the CD songs with finished guitar work from Robin and Buckethead.

46 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Same vocals with slash and duff overdubs. State of grace was really lacking a monster solo, so that'll get one. If we don't get the General, we RIOT!

Haha, I'm sure even the republicans would riot in such a case.

State of Grace with a killer solo and a proper vocal track would be amazing. 

Me and my Elvis needs a solo too, I'm sure it has had one added since we know Axl laid down vocals to that track at one point. 

• Like 1
On 11/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Why would anyone talk to Niven about GNR at this point. He hasn’t been in the loop for 30 years.

I beleive alan and slash still communicate. I remember alan saying during the 2016 tour of seeibg and meeting up with slash (or curly as niven calls him)  during the vegas shows. 

5 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

As I suspectes. Foo Fighters just released new single. Album out in february

Foo Fighters were a really good rock band until mid-2000’s but have really lost it IMO. Yeah they churn out a fair amount of material but problem is that the quality is seriously lacking n most of it now. 🤷🏼‍♂️