The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

55 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Meegan confirmed Slash is recording for SMKC on instagram :shrugs:

IMG-20201109-230707.jpg

I'm a bit confused with the situation of SMKC. Are they making new music  or not? Myles said that they are working on ideas and it's yet to be determined when they will release. 

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

I'm a bit confused with the situation of SMKC. Are they making new music  or not? Myles said that they are working on ideas and it's yet to be determined when they will release. 

They're working on it, but I don't think Myles has met up with Slash yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Myles is the last one in the band who's getting contacted and is handed mostly finished instrumentals for adding vocals and melodies. 

First of all Slash came up with riffs, ideas and probably with some basics. Then he teams up with Fitzy, Todd and Sidoris working those ideas up into proper songs with arrangements and everything before Myles is getting involved. After Myles finishes his parts they finalize the songs together. As long as Myles is not involved but busy with his solo stuff or with Alter Bridge you won't here him say much about SMKC. Like 'hey guys, I'm here to promote my solo album, not any SMKC stuff.'

• Like 1

Nah, I think his work for the new Guns record is already done. What would he be doing the whole time? 

It just sucks that the last album was nearly 3 presidents ago, and the last real (not solo) album from this band was 5 presidents ago. How absurd is that. 

Edited by jamillos

On 11/8/2020 at 9:42 AM, Sosso said:

I'm pretty sure that we can't expect a new album before 2021. They still have to collect some ideas and record them. 

SOSSO WHAT THE F

HOW MANY IDEAS CAN A GROUP OF MEN COLLECT

GET THE F IN A STUDIO

AHHHH

We know for a fact Axl has some some superb tunes in the can. Can’t see it would take too much longer (read - time they’ve already had) to come up with some new tunes and record them.

But, like everything else in gnr land, wasted opportunities

Edited by gavgnr

3 hours ago, Ant said:

aight there will never be another studio GNR album

that's it.

it's done. 

Slash has merged the folders. 

I do wonder if there is substance to the rumour it’s done (GNR) and has been for a bit?

As we know Slash has said up until recently he has been working on GNR stuff. It could also just be demos as I’m sure I read that Myles Kennedy was not exactly sold on SMKC stuff in the near future?

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Nah, I think his work for the new Guns record is already done. What would he be doing the whole time? 

It just sucks that the last album was nearly 3 presidents ago, and the last real (not solo) album from this band was 5 presidents ago. How absurd is that. 

That’s what I think - Slash’s stuff is probably done and he is now working on other stuff.

When we get to hear it however.....🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I do wonder if there is substance to the rumour it’s done (GNR) and has been for a bit?

As we know Slash has said up until recently he has been working on GNR stuff. It could also just be demos as I’m sure I read that Myles Kennedy was not exactly sold on SMKC stuff in the near future?

That’s what I think - Slash’s stuff is probably done and he is now working on other stuff.

Two more presidents at the most... 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if his parts are done or not. I'm pretty sure all the other guitarists before him were done too with there stuff but I don't think it ever was the lack of music, that prevented Axl from releasing anything. If he needs years for puzzling a record together (copy and paste) and isn't able to stop tinkering with the layers, then most likely it isn't the fault of your band mates but your own.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter if his parts are done or not. I'm pretty sure all the other guitarists before him were done too with there stuff but I don't think it ever was the lack of music, that prevented Axl from releasing anything. If he needs years for puzzling a record together (copy and paste) and isn't able to stop tinkering with the layers, then most likely it isn't the fault of your band mates but your own.

Exactly this. Imagine Axl comes out next year and says chinese democracy 2 took so long coz he couldnt get bumblefoot or DJ ashba in the studio, they were too busy and now they cant release new music because slash can;t find time to record. :lol: The follow up to chinese and the follow up to that were done by 2010. the new gnr album with slash and duff was done by the end of 2019. the fact we're about to hit 2021 and there's no new music released since 08 is down to one man and one man alone. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

SOOOOOOO BAD....

God we fans know about suffering

Do tou guys think a surprise release would have effect on the general public??? Not us fans, we’ll be there supporting these mfcks but would it work for the masses???

Personally ? I think it would be huge. Media would lose their shit and it would grow very big very soon. If youre a band with such anticipated release you dont really need to promote it (?). Like what I mean is promotion has already been done, with internet on it would go viral pretty quick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Personally ? I think it would be huge. Media would lose their shit and it would grow very big very soon. If youre a band with such anticipated release you dont really need to promote it (?). Like what I mean is promotion has already been done, with internet on it would go viral pretty quick.

I agree.

I could see UMG putting posters everywhere in certain countries like they did  promoting NITL and just like ACDC have done.

Billboards up in LA along sunset , like that big billboard promoting NITL. I hope the promotion is massive.

Just now, Alejandro GNR said:

I hope its called Guns n Roses...It would be somehow an official comeback.

Yeah kind of has a new phase of the band feel about just promoting as GNR.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I agree.

I could see UMG putting posters everywhere in certain countries like they did  promoting NITL and just like ACDC have done.

Billboards up in LA along sunset , like that big billboard promoting NITL. I hope the promotion is massive.

Yeah kind of has a new phase of the band feel about just promoting as GNR.

Sounds so good. 

But then again, let's not get false hopes. If November ended and no album or even a single came out, don't expect anything until they start touring again. 

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I liked Stay of Execution.

I am also partial to Ides of March if they ever wanted to do a March release date. Then they could include cool artwork of Caesar getting stabbed.

Sorry about this, but what's the story behind those titles? Never really dug up about them. Personally I don't think they have any connection with the band's current incarnation. Simply calling it "GUNS N' ROSES" would make more sense to me, it's like a fresh start or it's just the band saying fuck you to people who say "this isn't gnr, fuck this band"