The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

If Perhaps and Hardschool are on the next album, do you think they will be better or worse (mixing and mastering aside since what we heard were rough mixes) than the village versions from 2000?

I’m fairly confident the vocal takes will be the same, or mostly so.

45 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

So New ACDC New Foo fighters, New System Of a Down, New Public Enemy, New Smashing Pumpkins, New Pearl Jam New Gorillaz, New NIN, New Green Day, New Taylor Swift, New Idles. 

Guns N Roses? now is not the time.

Seems like a pretty good time to release new music to me. I'm in a band with my brother. We have 8/9 songs ready to go. I want to put out an EP. He says as we only play clubs and bars there's no point whilst we're locked down. He's now changing guitar solos and swapping cymbal hit sounds on Logik. Now he says it's not ready even if he wanted to because he can make it better. I've diagnosed him with axlitis. A horrible disease, please send your thoughts and prayers to myself and Two Pound Tea. 

Oh the list extends well beyond those bands! Seems virtually every band or singer has released something. Certainly more have than haven't. 

'Waiting to tour' is a very dodgy road to go down if you're GNR. At some point you'll have to explain why you're now touring again without releasing anything. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If Perhaps and Hardschool are on the next album, do you think they will be better or worse (mixing and mastering aside since what we heard were rough mixes) than the village versions from 2000?

Same vocals with slash and duff overdubs. State of grace was really lacking a monster solo, so that'll get one. If we don't get the General, we RIOT!

31 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Difficult question. If Slash treats these songs with the same respect he had for the other CD stuff, then I would prefer it if they just left it alone.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Nesret said:

Difficult question. If Slash treats these songs with the same respect he had for the other CD stuff, then I would prefer it if they just left it alone.

Me too, that would be best case for the CD songs with finished guitar work from Robin and Buckethead.

46 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Same vocals with slash and duff overdubs. State of grace was really lacking a monster solo, so that'll get one. If we don't get the General, we RIOT!

Haha, I'm sure even the republicans would riot in such a case.

State of Grace with a killer solo and a proper vocal track would be amazing. 

Me and my Elvis needs a solo too, I'm sure it has had one added since we know Axl laid down vocals to that track at one point. 

• Like 1
On 11/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

Why would anyone talk to Niven about GNR at this point. He hasn’t been in the loop for 30 years.

I beleive alan and slash still communicate. I remember alan saying during the 2016 tour of seeibg and meeting up with slash (or curly as niven calls him)  during the vegas shows. 

5 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

As I suspectes. Foo Fighters just released new single. Album out in february

Foo Fighters were a really good rock band until mid-2000’s but have really lost it IMO. Yeah they churn out a fair amount of material but problem is that the quality is seriously lacking n most of it now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm confident that Slash and Duff (and Richard!!) will do a great job on the CD era songs. And if it's really Frank playing drums on SOYL, then that's promising too. 

What worries me the most are the new songs, I'm afraid we may get some crappy and generic SMKC tunes if Slash doesn't step up. The solos on Livin' The Dream were good, I liked them, and I'm sure that Slash has some "big guns" saved for Gn'R. 

Also, it could be interesting to hear Duff's ideas, I'd love one or two songs similar to what we hear on Tenderness. I really enjoyed that album!

I'm 99% sure the album is going to live up to the hype. They won't dissapoint (if they release it :D )

Edited by GNRfanMILO
2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Improvising live is one thing but I reckon working on an ‘unreleased track’ which 99% of public haven’t even heard of would see Slash step up IMO - this is true for all the unreleased Village songs.

Problem is the remaining 1% who DO know the Village sessions will likely struggle....I just don’t see ANYONE beating the Perhaps solo. Which is fine - happy to have a couple of versions. 😂

14 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'm confident that Slash and Duff (and Richard!!) will do a great job on the CD era songs. And if it's really Frank playing drums on SOYL, then that's promising too. 

What worries me the most are the new songs, I'm afraid we may get some crappy and generic SMKC tunes if Slash doesn't step up. The solos on Livin' The Dream were good, I liked them, and I'm sure that Slash has some "big guns" saved for Gn'R. 

Also, it could be interesting to hear Duff's ideas, I'd love one or two songs similar to what we hear on Tenderness. I really enjoyed that album!

I'm 99% sure the album is going to live up to the hype. They won't dissapoint (if they release it :D )

I sure hope so, though the next eventual album, if mostly CD2 era stuff we will not have to worry too much about bad songs.

Subsequent albums with a heavier Slash influence, could definitely be an issue. I did very much like his 2010 solo album though. That's what we need, with Axl.

49 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

that's the best one for me. Slash on it could be killer

I believe Axl's vocals on that version of the song, a majority anyways are scratch vocals, in other words placeholder until proper vocals are recorded. A buddy of mine said it sounded like a cheap mic was used too, unless that was some sort of desired effect. Sounds like Axl recorded the lower notes on a laptop right after waking up.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I sure hope so, though the next eventual album, if mostly CD2 era stuff we will not have to worry too much about bad songs.

Subsequent albums with a heavier Slash influence, could definitely be an issue. I did very much like his 2010 solo album though. That's what we need, with Axl.

Yeah, cuz CD was such a huge hit without Slash. :lol:

Slash will elevate anything Axl presents to him. It’s what he does. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Foo Fighters were a really good rock band until mid-2000’s but have really lost it IMO. Yeah they churn out a fair amount of material but problem is that the quality is seriously lacking n most of it now. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wasting light was a fantastic album, but agree, since then it's been mostly filler. However there's 2/3 good tracks on each album and I'd kill for 2/3 good songs every 2/3 years from guns! 

8 minutes ago, Walapino said:

they dont have to drop a full album this year with a good single and video im happy plus a NITL blu ray. They can wait for the full album next year if they so want to tour it.

Exactly. Like a normal band. 1 single and video now. then the NITL dvd. Then a second single around xmas with a video. Then a 3rd one in late january before a feb/march release date.  album is out say 2 months before a tour so every fan has it and you play the new songs live in May. That would make total sense. This is GnR though. Probably get nothing for 2 years then they'll drop a triple album surprise release that has so much material, nothing sticks. Actually what am I saying. That'll never happen

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I guarantee the vocal takes would be identical. At worst a few overdubs (as per Rhiad, SOD)

• Like 1