Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Ha! Are you serious? The biggest problem with CD was Axl’s choices of songs. And, his vocals. 

the voice of Axl during CD sessions ? Are u killing me. He was at his best level. try to find TIL with the mix of DJ Ashba (I think it's him). It's the best of Axl voice u will find.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Ha! Are you serious? The biggest problem with CD was Axl’s choices of songs. And, his vocals. 

I'm dead serious. Izzy is my favorite artist and his guitar work was sorely missing. But that wasn't the only problem, obviously. Most of the songs are a copy and paste mess with too many layers of guitars and vocals. Some, like Catcher and The Blues, could have been great GnR songs with Izzy and Slash on them. As for the voice, Axl even admitted himself that his clean voice wasn't received as well as he had hoped it would be. It's all good, though. He tried it and most people didn't like it :shrugs: It's not the end of the world to have a release not live up to the hype. Just move on and try again.

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

the voice of Axl during CD sessions ? Are u killing me. He was at his best level. try to find TIL with the mix of DJ Ashba (I think it's him). It's the best of Axl voice u will find.

DJ Ashba only plays on the emo version of Better and his two solo instrumentals. That's Robin on the remix.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I'm dead serious. Izzy is my favorite artist and his guitar work was sorely missing. But that wasn't the only problem, obviously. Most of the songs are a copy and paste mess with too many layers of guitars and vocals. Some, like Catcher and The Blues, could have been great GnR songs with Izzy and Slash on them. As for the voice, Axl even admitted himself that his clean voice wasn't received as well as he had hoped it would be. It's all good, though. He tried it and most people didn't like it :shrugs: It's not the end of the world to have a release not live up to the hype. Just move on and try again.

DJ Ashba only plays on the emo version of Better and his two solo instrumentals. That's Robin on the remix.

Great post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Our mate the other page back said industry people say it's done. That Malibu real estate chick said it's done too, lol. 

I'm not sure how serious i take hearsay, but we all know Slash is a workaholic. There is no reason why he couldn't have belted out Guns stuff in a week or two during lockdown or last year. We know he has been in the studio for GNR, going back at least until early last year (with his amp incident).

I would hazard a guess that most of the studio/band work is done, with the material now likely in the hands of producers and editors in post-production work.

Its not done. Axl is still tweaking his vocals from 1999.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

No I speak about the TIL he produce (if it's him) with a very slow tempo. Not on sale.

Noboby know what I'm talking about ? Maybe I'm wrong !!!!! 

That was a version of Better, not TIL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DTV88 said:

What's the next excuse, Fernando?

the cassette player they used to record everything broke.  they expect a new cassette player as soon as they are available- looks like 4 to 6 months.  everything is on backorder due to new quarantine hobbies.  apparently cassette players are to musicians as what banana bread is to people trying to shut their kids up while on lockdown.

 

for those who dont understand sarcasm, this is it.  But at the same time I kind of feel like it could be true.  lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vloors said:

Its not done. Axl is still tweaking his vocals from 1999.

 

You're joking, but there are people suggesting that if they use the old Axl tunes from the CD sessions (which I think is beyond doubt), they might actually use those original vocal tracks, instead of re-singing it. I consider that unthinkable, and if it was the case, it would be a big FY to the fans. Who does that. I hope he'll do it anew. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You're joking, but there are people suggesting that if they use the old Axl tunes from the CD sessions (which I think is beyond doubt), they might actually use those original vocal tracks, instead of re-singing it. I consider that unthinkable, and if it was the case, it would be a big FY to the fans. Who does that. I hope he'll do it anew. 

Imagine that, all we get are chinese makeovers with old vocals. It is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Imagine that, all we get are chinese makeovers with old vocals. It is possible.

Nah. It would be if Slash wasn't in the band. But he's worked on new music I presume, and it would make no sense if his only task was remaking Axl's demos without his own original input. They need to show the world what they're capable of even in terms of composing new music as a band, not just refurbishing old material. I believe it'll be a mixture in the end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Imagine that, all we get are chinese makeovers with old vocals. It is possible.

Thing is - we don’t even know what vocal style is on the other stuff. Hardschool was the perfect blend, there is the TIL remix ultra-rasp.....I’d absolutely prefer new vocals as we know he can kill it in the studio and would be more likely to replicate current voice in a live setting

However - beggars can’t be choosers either - and I’ll take whatever.....and that whatever could be absolutely killer anyway.

Edited by DTJ80
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Also, if there was an actual plan to release something in November, Axl would not step on Angus’ shoes. He has too much respect for him. I doubt they would have announced an official release until after Power Up was out. 
 

Didn't CD come out around the same time as Black Ice though? Also Metallica released Death Magnetic around that time - no-one was concerned about stepping on toes then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea how many million times this has probably been discussed already - but did their musical differences just vanish into thin air? I can't imagine Slash or Axl suddenly wanting to play what they didn't want to play in the mid-90's and all these years that followed. Who would even write such a record - Melissa? Frank? :shrugs: These guys working on songs together just completely exceeds the capacity of my imagination. I don't see them being on the same page musically. But they are surely on the same page when it comes to the financial aspects - so who knows what kind of magic the smell of money may produce. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listened to Power Up.....it’s ‘OK’ at best for me. I really don’t think it’s all that different to Black Ice or ROB (I know most of these tunes are from Black Ice era). I think an Axl and Brian ‘duet’ on Demon Fire could have been absolutely killer...Brian flips between two styles.

I think if you take the best tracks from last 3 albums then you can have a great one.

The reason I mention this is that the media seem to be raving about Power Up. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s not a great record. So if GNR get round to releasing the new album then you can bet the media will absolutely rave about it and it’s release regardless of the actual music being brilliant or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nesret said:

No idea how many million times this has probably been discussed already - but did their musical differences just vanish into thin air? I can't imagine Slash or Axl suddenly wanting to play what they didn't want to play in the mid-90's and all these years that followed. Who would even write such a record - Melissa? Frank? :shrugs: These guys working on songs together just completely exceeds the capacity of my imagination. I don't see them being on the same page musically. But they are surely on the same page when it comes to the financial aspects - so who knows what kind of magic the smell of money may produce. 

CD ultimately didn’t have the ‘industrial/electronic’ influence that was suggested it would have.....I really do think if they had taken a proper break and reconvened that they could have got past the issues.

I really don’t see why Slash had to ‘quit’ back in 96....he should have toughed it out and who knows what would have transpired. We will never know.

Id like to think the AC/DC run showed that here is still a commonality between them in a form of rock n roll.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Just listened to Power Up.....it’s ‘OK’ at best for me. I really don’t think it’s all that different to Black Ice or ROB (I know most of these tunes are from Black Ice era). I think an Axl and Brian ‘duet’ on Demon Fire could have been absolutely killer...Brian flips between two styles.

I think if you take the best tracks from last 3 albums then you can have a great one.

The reason I mention this is that the media seem to be raving about Power Up. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s not a great record. So if GNR get round to releasing the new album then you can bet the media will absolutely rave about it and it’s release regardless of the actual music being brilliant or not.

ACDC are releasing the same album over and over again for the last 40 years

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...