Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Don't expect the band to release anything today, as that wouldn't be fair to all the anniversaries happening in the world - like the Gazpacho Soup Day (see Red Dwarf), which happens to be today! 

It’s ‘itchy crotch’ day here in Australia, a very sad and sombre day to empathise with all those with thrush, so yeah it would be a bit insensitive for Guns to release their long awaited follow up to Chinese Democracy on this very special day on the Aussie calendar. Good on them for respecting significant global days. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Posted Images

There is no new music, I have said it before, read the posts over the last ten years, the yearning never stops and music never comes.  I think it is better to believe there is not going to be any more new music and if any is released than it will be a nice surprise.  I think some folk on here are so desperate for music (I understand) that they will see cryptic messages in everything.

I think Axl had a really bad experience with CD and does not want to repeat it, cant say I blame him but it is a shame.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

There is no new music, I have said it before, read the posts over the last ten years, the yearning never stops and music never comes.  I think it is better to believe there is not going to be any more new music and if any is released than it will be a nice surprise.  I think some folk on here are so desperate for music (I understand) that they will see cryptic messages in everything.

I think Axl had a really bad experience with CD and does not want to repeat it, cant say I blame him but it is a shame.

Yeah Axl had a “really bad experience” with CD. The label through millions of dollars at him, countless producers, musicians, record studios, and one could only imagine what else. 
 

At the end of the day it simply wasn’t such a good record. It sounded like the division of all the parts used to create it rather than the sum. It just sucks that Axl has no desire to create and add anything to the catalogue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the full scope of Axl insanity will be revealed when one day the vaults be opened and the backups of everything he recorded but didnt release or whatever he erased come to light. The whole world will be like OMG thats amazing, not knowing its nowhere near the even better original tracks he worked on himself, but then the public will just hear stuff that has been tinkered with by whoever is in charge of releasing it.

I wish him nothing but the best but one day he will be dead like all of us and everyone left be eager to slaughter everything he worked so hard to create and held so precious and what for? For others to overdub, re-record or brickwall it (think Hendrix' unfinished works that were best untouched the way he recorded them himself) and of course the money, a little money, a little more money and then some money on top of that.

Instead of releasing it somehow and with grace and dignity while he still has control himself he let it all go down the drain for others to inevitably and ultimately tarnish his legacy forever.

The older he gets, the more a "Team Brazil Estate" Limited Legacy Edition of whatever could have been Chinese Democracy II + III becomes more likely than a new album put together by Axl himself with Slash and Duiff or whoever the fuck he likes to record it with.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Yeah Axl had a “really bad experience” with CD. The label through millions of dollars at him, countless producers, musicians, record studios, and one could only imagine what else. 
 

At the end of the day it simply wasn’t such a good record. It sounded like the division of all the parts used to create it rather than the sum. It just sucks that Axl has no desire to create and add anything to the catalogue. 

It won't get the criticism it got had he release that record under his name. It's a great record overall, just calling it guns n roses is where people became judgemental about it.

Imagine

Axl Rose: Chinese Democracy. 

Media would probably be kissing his ass about it. And a thirst for new GN'R music would be heavier considering the existence of the casuals who are currently outnumbering us hardcores. 

All things considered I don't know why I did this long post. God we do need a new album.

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinese Democracy is exactly what it says on the tin - a Guns N' Roses record. 

There have been positive signs throughout the duration of these 4.5 years and while it is deflating with how long things seem to take in the GNR world, Axl has said that his intentions are releasing more music under the Guns N' Roses name. There is only so much Fernando/Team Brazil can say to us, they won't have anything to work with until Axl gives the green light to move forward. It's a double edged sword, at least that is my interpretation, as with one side of the coin, we criticise the lack of communication from management to the fan base and on the other, they may have, in good faith, been given info from Axl that they plan on releasing an album within a 6 month time frame to then only be vilified for when it doesn't come to fruition after we are given that tidbit of information. Nobody is perfect, but the approach they chose to go down via an open forum on Reddit is something I personally wouldn't have done, though it's always easier commenting from outside looking in. 

Those leaks last year only confirmed my beliefs that Axl is sat on a gold mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

At the end of the day it simply wasn’t such a good record. 

Now that you mention it, I hear it too. :o I loved it before but obviously I had no idea that it simply wasn't such a good record. What a fool I was. :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I think the full scope of Axl insanity will be revealed when one day the vaults be opened and the backups of everything he recorded but didnt release or whatever he erased come to light. The whole world will be like OMG thats amazing, not knowing its nowhere near the even better original tracks he worked on himself, but then the public will just hear stuff that has been tinkered with by whoever is in charge of releasing it.

I wish him nothing but the best but one day he will be dead like all of us and everyone left be eager to slaughter everything he worked so hard to create and held so precious and what for? For others to overdub, re-record or brickwall it (think Hendrix' unfinished works that were best untouched the way he recorded them himself) and of course the money, a little money, a little more money and then some money on top of that.

Instead of releasing it somehow and with grace and dignity while he still has control himself he let it all go down the drain for others to inevitably and ultimately tarnish his legacy forever.

The older he gets, the more a "Team Brazil Estate" Limited Legacy Edition of whatever could have been Chinese Democracy II + III becomes more likely than a new album put together by Axl himself with Slash and Duiff or whoever the fuck he likes to record it with.

Excellent points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, adamsapple said:

I think the full scope of Axl insanity will be revealed when one day the vaults be opened and the backups of everything he recorded but didnt release or whatever he erased come to light. The whole world will be like OMG thats amazing, not knowing its nowhere near the even better original tracks he worked on himself, but then the public will just hear stuff that has been tinkered with by whoever is in charge of releasing it.

I wish him nothing but the best but one day he will be dead like all of us and everyone left be eager to slaughter everything he worked so hard to create and held so precious and what for? For others to overdub, re-record or brickwall it (think Hendrix' unfinished works that were best untouched the way he recorded them himself) and of course the money, a little money, a little more money and then some money on top of that.

Instead of releasing it somehow and with grace and dignity while he still has control himself he let it all go down the drain for others to inevitably and ultimately tarnish his legacy forever.

The older he gets, the more a "Team Brazil Estate" Limited Legacy Edition of whatever could have been Chinese Democracy II + III becomes more likely than a new album put together by Axl himself with Slash and Duiff or whoever the fuck he likes to record it with.

I personally think Axls estate and music will be milked the same as hendrixs back catalogue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 9:35 AM, soon said:

You know how in pop culture many will have some frame of reference to things like Pavlov's Dogs, Stanford Prison Experiment, Stockholm Syndrome, MK Ultra, etc?

We should get a team of psychologists to study us Guns fans!

We too could live on as a reference for a certain type of neurosis or mania :headbang:

:lol:

 

The term you're looking for already exists: masochists. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dean said:

Chinese Democracy is exactly what it says on the tin - a Guns N' Roses record. 

There have been positive signs throughout the duration of these 4.5 years and while it is deflating with how long things seem to take in the GNR world, Axl has said that his intentions are releasing more music under the Guns N' Roses name. There is only so much Fernando/Team Brazil can say to us, they won't have anything to work with until Axl gives the green light to move forward. It's a double edged sword, at least that is my interpretation, as with one side of the coin, we criticise the lack of communication from management to the fan base and on the other, they may have, in good faith, been given info from Axl that they plan on releasing an album within a 6 month time frame to then only be vilified for when it doesn't come to fruition after we are given that tidbit of information. Nobody is perfect, but the approach they chose to go down via an open forum on Reddit is something I personally wouldn't have done, though it's always easier commenting from outside looking in. 

Those leaks last year only confirmed my beliefs that Axl is sat on a gold mine.

I have no idea why fernando goes on Reddit to discuss things with GNR. If he wants to know what the fanbase wants he only has to read the comments on GNR facebook, that all mention the 1 thing- new music.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fantomas said:

Guys, I'm still in line at Best Buy. I thought there were other people in line for the new album. The couple in front of me where waiting for a 55" LED TV.  I thought it was the name of the new album, but it turns out it was just a 55" LED TV, and they are only here for Black Friday. It's 10:16. I have a bad feeling the album isn't coming out.  Fernando lied to us.

Go home, maybe comeback in... Let's say stay away for the rest of eternity. The record is probably inside Axl's ass. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...