The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Surely gnr would exceed this if they release a single but what $12 million is not enough? Thats spotify only profits not including what other streaming income they will make 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tones-and-i-pockets-a-whopping-12-million-from-dance-money-spotify-streams/news-story/c60bbef87e7b28957249dbf719b374b0

That seems incredibly high, when you hear that Last Gaga made £108 out of a million streams! 

Where are they getting that figure from?! 

In fact- it absolutely is bullshit. No-one is making £12 million quid out of one song on Spotify! They've totally made that 'estimate' up for a few clicks. 

Edited by allwaystired

Interesting....Todd Kearns interviewing Duff and Todd mentions at the end that he knows that there has been recording for GNR and that they are slowly working on a record. (1:09 on video). Duff doesn’t really add anything other than COVID was a pain/touring. Earlier in video Duff mentions working on Guns demos when talking about grabbing a guitar to write stuff.

This video must be about a month old as they talk about AC/DC (and it isn’t out at the time) and the AIC gig thing that has just happened is still to happen.

:headbang:

Edited by DTJ80
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Interesting....Todd Kearns interviewing Duff and Todd mentions at the end that he knows that there has been recording for GNR and that they are slowly working on a record. (1:09 on video). Duff doesn’t really add anything other than COVID was a pain/touring. Earlier in video Duff mentions working on Guns demos when talking about grabbing a guitar to write stuff.

This video must be about a month old as they talk about AC/DC (and it isn’t out at the time) and the AIC gig thing that has just happened is still to happen.

More pointers towards the fact there is no new material ready to go then. There have been more of them recently than there used to be. 'Slowly working on a record' doesn't sound too promising to me......

• Like 1

I don’t think they even give two shits about the shameless merch and cash grabbing anymore. Sad state of affairs really.

And yet, all it would take is a new single dropping or a substantive positive update about the new record and the forums and the internet would rejoice. I’ve thought this for ages now...the fan base aka hardcores are considered ‘the enemy’. The band just wants the boomers who love the classics to pay well over the odds for concert tix. That’s where the money is. The new record (if there is one) will always be the last consideration and be at the bottom of their list of priorities 

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That seems incredibly high, when you hear that Last Gaga made £108 out of a million streams! 

Where are they getting that figure from?! 

In fact- it absolutely is bullshit. No-one is making £12 million quid out of one song on Spotify! They've totally made that 'estimate' up for a few clicks. 

The writers make a majority of royalties from streams. Maybe gaga didn't write that track or is on a shit contract or whatever or maybe its bullshit and shes playing the pity game.

Tones had 2 billion streams in 2020 giving her 12 million being the performer and writer of the track 

Edited by vloors

Someone won the 2000 dollars that the band was giving today 🤣🤣🤣 . In the post hj about the sale of a bandana I said I wanted a new album and not a bandana and the band replied that they had won something and asked to enter a link that doesn't work.

You guys are entirely leaving out the possibility they're just fudging the whole thing. Probably asked for by Axl, to avoid what he's already been through once... nothing could be easier. "Just be vague, obscure, only hint on working on something, nothing more" etc. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Just listened. Fuck, what an annoying interview. He asks Duff stuff, but then cuts him off before he answers. He asks him about GN’R at the end, but then cuts Duff off from actually answering, because he’s scared of being allowed to ask him about that... So fucken dumb :facepalm:

23 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Just listened. Fuck, what an annoying interview. He asks Duff stuff, but then cuts him off before he answers. He asks him about GN’R at the end, but then cuts Duff off from actually answering, because he’s scared of being allowed to ask him about that... So fucken dumb :facepalm:

True enough - but the fact he said ‘I know you have been recording/working slowly on the GNR album’ was still something.....Kearns is likely one of the few who would actually know this through Slash.

It’s a more positive than negative news bite I guess. 😂

I think he cuts him off because he knows he's entered no go territory. Duff seemed a bit awkward too when he asked. Duff always seems incredibly happy at being back with these guys, which makes me appreciate the whole ordeal from their perspective - it must be a trip considering all of the bullshit of the last two decades but they got through it all and toured the world multiple times. Time to get a record out though and hopefully once it does get out, the floodgates will open.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think he cuts him off because he knows he's entered no go territory. Duff seemed a bit awkward too when he asked. Duff always seems incredibly happy at being back with these guys, which makes me appreciate the whole ordeal from their perspective - it must be a trip considering all of the bullshit of the last two decades but they got through it all and toured the world multiple times. Time to get a record out though and hopefully once it does get out, the floodgates will open.

Yeah - probably right.....but I still think Kearns comments give optimism. 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarceloJC said:

Someone won the 2000 dollars that the band was giving today 🤣🤣🤣 . In the post hj about the sale of a bandana I said I wanted a new album and not a bandana and the band replied that they had won something and asked to enter a link that doesn't work.

That's not GnR, that's a virus from a fake account, don't click the link whatever you do

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Yeah - probably right.....but I still think Kearns comments give optimism. 👍

You are the last optimist people in this Forum, good for you 👍

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

That's not GnR, that's a virus from a fake account, don't click the link whatever you do

It is true.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ratam said:

You are the last optimist people in this Forum, good for you 👍

It is true.

Ha ha - yeah...you’d think by now I’d have given up! But I just feel it will happen...and if it doesn’t......life goes on. 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am impressed with the amount of optimism here that still exists regarding new music.  I really dont think there is.

Why shouldn't people be positive? New music exists, there is no reason to assume it won't come out at some time. And long-time fans of the band knows the wait can be extremely long, that the amount of negativity here will skyrocket, that it will be entirely pitch black, but then it will come. History tells us so. It might take one more year, a decade, two decades, but eventually we will hear new music. Just don't let the wait get to you. 

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I guess Todd saying they are working 'slowly' on the album gels with Susan saying they were working 'fastidiously' on it...

Some folk work at different paces - one man’s slow is another woman’s fastidious....or something 😂