Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

OMG NEW BANDANA FOR FREE! (Just spend $25 minimum on shite merch and expect an 8-10 week delivery process)

 

Side note - nearly every single comment on the facebook page is bashing GnR for not releasing new album and treating the fans like a bank, chucking shoddy merch and no music. Join in. We know Fernando can't keep a promise, but perhaps he can read. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

OMG NEW BANDANA FOR FREE! (Just spend $25 minimum on shite merch and expect an 8-10 week delivery process)

 

Side note - nearly every single comment on the facebook page is bashing GnR for not releasing new album and treating the fans like a bank, chucking shoddy merch and no music. Join in. We know Fernando can't keep a promise, but perhaps he can read. 

Funny thing is - it’s the LNL bandana so they are still shifting all the contents from the boxes the raided. 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Well now that the vaccine is weeks away from its initial distribution GNR can really now officially start to think about possibly beginning to consider how to embark on preparing to hit the ground floor and consolidate all their ideas together and eventually at some point maybe recording and completing an album for a hypothetical possible eventual definitive probable in the not-so-distant future or then maybe not in this lifetime but some other point in space and time release of an album under the GNR namesake. 

Axl needs a vaccine to cure his laziness first.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely gnr would exceed this if they release a single but what $12 million is not enough? Thats spotify only profits not including what other streaming income they will make 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tones-and-i-pockets-a-whopping-12-million-from-dance-money-spotify-streams/news-story/c60bbef87e7b28957249dbf719b374b0

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Funny thing is - it’s the LNL bandana so they are still shifting all the contents from the boxes the raided. 😂

Didn't know this. I don't even know what to say. So much respect for Gnr and Axl, just gone. people used to quote pretty tied up when gnr toured 09-14. But I always felt that wasn't fair. Now, this band is a joke. And it's not even a funny one

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Didn't know this. I don't even know what to say. So much respect for Gnr and Axl, just gone. people used to quote pretty tied up when gnr toured 09-14. But I always felt that wasn't fair. Now, this band is a joke. And it's not even a funny one

The management approach/merchandising/website is so far below what is expected/needed for a band of GNRs stature it’s depressing to see.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vloors said:

Surely gnr would exceed this if they release a single but what $12 million is not enough? Thats spotify only profits not including what other streaming income they will make 

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tones-and-i-pockets-a-whopping-12-million-from-dance-money-spotify-streams/news-story/c60bbef87e7b28957249dbf719b374b0

That seems incredibly high, when you hear that Last Gaga made £108 out of a million streams! 

Where are they getting that figure from?! 

In fact- it absolutely is bullshit. No-one is making £12 million quid out of one song on Spotify! They've totally made that 'estimate' up for a few clicks. 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting....Todd Kearns interviewing Duff and Todd mentions at the end that he knows that there has been recording for GNR and that they are slowly working on a record. (1:09 on video). Duff doesn’t really add anything other than COVID was a pain/touring. Earlier in video Duff mentions working on Guns demos when talking about grabbing a guitar to write stuff.

This video must be about a month old as they talk about AC/DC (and it isn’t out at the time) and the AIC gig thing that has just happened is still to happen.

:headbang:

Edited by DTJ80
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Interesting....Todd Kearns interviewing Duff and Todd mentions at the end that he knows that there has been recording for GNR and that they are slowly working on a record. (1:09 on video). Duff doesn’t really add anything other than COVID was a pain/touring. Earlier in video Duff mentions working on Guns demos when talking about grabbing a guitar to write stuff.

This video must be about a month old as they talk about AC/DC (and it isn’t out at the time) and the AIC gig thing that has just happened is still to happen.

:headbang:

More pointers towards the fact there is no new material ready to go then. There have been more of them recently than there used to be. 'Slowly working on a record' doesn't sound too promising to me......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think they even give two shits about the shameless merch and cash grabbing anymore. Sad state of affairs really.

And yet, all it would take is a new single dropping or a substantive positive update about the new record and the forums and the internet would rejoice. I’ve thought this for ages now...the fan base aka hardcores are considered ‘the enemy’. The band just wants the boomers who love the classics to pay well over the odds for concert tix. That’s where the money is. The new record (if there is one) will always be the last consideration and be at the bottom of their list of priorities 

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That seems incredibly high, when you hear that Last Gaga made £108 out of a million streams! 

Where are they getting that figure from?! 

In fact- it absolutely is bullshit. No-one is making £12 million quid out of one song on Spotify! They've totally made that 'estimate' up for a few clicks. 

The writers make a majority of royalties from streams. Maybe gaga didn't write that track or is on a shit contract or whatever or maybe its bullshit and shes playing the pity game.

Tones had 2 billion streams in 2020 giving her 12 million being the performer and writer of the track 

 

Edited by vloors
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone won the 2000 dollars that the band was giving today 🤣🤣🤣 . In the post hj about the sale of a bandana I said I wanted a new album and not a bandana and the band replied that they had won something and asked to enter a link that doesn't work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are entirely leaving out the possibility they're just fudging the whole thing. Probably asked for by Axl, to avoid what he's already been through once... nothing could be easier. "Just be vague, obscure, only hint on working on something, nothing more" etc. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Interesting....Todd Kearns interviewing Duff and Todd mentions at the end that he knows that there has been recording for GNR and that they are slowly working on a record. (1:09 on video). Duff doesn’t really add anything other than COVID was a pain/touring. Earlier in video Duff mentions working on Guns demos when talking about grabbing a guitar to write stuff.

This video must be about a month old as they talk about AC/DC (and it isn’t out at the time) and the AIC gig thing that has just happened is still to happen.

:headbang:

Just listened. Fuck, what an annoying interview. He asks Duff stuff, but then cuts him off before he answers. He asks him about GN’R at the end, but then cuts Duff off from actually answering, because he’s scared of being allowed to ask him about that... So fucken dumb :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Just listened. Fuck, what an annoying interview. He asks Duff stuff, but then cuts him off before he answers. He asks him about GN’R at the end, but then cuts Duff off from actually answering, because he’s scared of being allowed to ask him about that... So fucken dumb :facepalm:

True enough - but the fact he said ‘I know you have been recording/working slowly on the GNR album’ was still something.....Kearns is likely one of the few who would actually know this through Slash.

It’s a more positive than negative news bite I guess. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he cuts him off because he knows he's entered no go territory. Duff seemed a bit awkward too when he asked. Duff always seems incredibly happy at being back with these guys, which makes me appreciate the whole ordeal from their perspective - it must be a trip considering all of the bullshit of the last two decades but they got through it all and toured the world multiple times. Time to get a record out though and hopefully once it does get out, the floodgates will open.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think he cuts him off because he knows he's entered no go territory. Duff seemed a bit awkward too when he asked. Duff always seems incredibly happy at being back with these guys, which makes me appreciate the whole ordeal from their perspective - it must be a trip considering all of the bullshit of the last two decades but they got through it all and toured the world multiple times. Time to get a record out though and hopefully once it does get out, the floodgates will open.

Yeah - probably right.....but I still think Kearns comments give optimism. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...