The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

58 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

He used this "more to come" phrase already in the past, without releasing any more leaks... my guess is, that he'd already released s.th. if he had more stuff...

He couldn't hang onto material to save his life. 

Imagine all of the trade potential a catalog as big as the locker village discs would have.

One could assume he exhausted all trade possibilities for other material that is out there before leaking, but that's highly unlikely for someone of his cognitive stature.

Sort of like an experiment where you tell a child they can have one piece of cake right now, or the entire cake if they wait 20 minutes. They will take the single piece immediately, in most cases. That's Rick, except he will want to be in podcasts about it later.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That picture is most likely a rehearsal room picture - we know they do that before your legs, but without Axl. 

Here's hoping we get some sort of leak then! Would be a good end to the worst year I've lived through! 

The picture looks like the studio at Duffs house (based on the video he and Susan did a while back). 

10 hours ago, kever20 said:

Dunsford says, "more to come" with regards to leaks... And that this is a studio pic from 2019... https://ibb.co/cy0KPnX

You never know, but in the world of GNR, the reasonable stuff rarely happens, and the absolute batshit stuff, like locker leaks, does...

I suppose it could mean from him or he has heard about something/someone else. Regardless - I hope it’s true just to get some new material! Not convinced it is....but as you say.....batshit stuff DOES happen! 🤣

I finally reached the point of "if I ever hear more new GNR music, cool. If not, cool". 

Leaks really don't interested me anymore either way though. I haven't listened to anything from the last round of leaks in a really, really long time. I doubt I ever will again actually.

If stuff like Hard School (still the dumbest name for a song ever), Perhaps & Atlas Shrugged get official releases someday, I'll most likely buy the album. I doubt I'll ever listen to the leaks every again though. 

If more stuff leaks and it's just "Madagascar version 116" or something like that, I know for sure I won't bother with it. If a brand new song with complete Axl vocals leaks, I'd probably take a listen but I wouldn't be in any big hurry to do so. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If more stuff leaks and it's just "Madagascar version 116" or something like that, I know for sure I won't bother with it. If a brand new song with complete Axl vocals leaks, I'd probably take a listen but I wouldn't be in any big hurry to do so. 

If a version of Shacklers leaks that is similar to the album version but with no Bumble and all Bucket, I'd dig that.

I'd take anything new with vocals, even stuff like Nothing. Haha 

But would prefer The General, Cuban Skies, Soul Monster, etc. of course.

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If a version of Shacklers leaks that is similar to the album version but with no Bumble and all Bucket, I'd dig that.

I'd take anything new with vocals, even stuff like Nothing. Haha 

But would prefer The General, Cuban Skies, Soul Monster, etc. of course.

Not to be all gloomy but honestly even if something like The General leaks, I wouldn't be in any hurry to track it down. 

Not saying I wouldn't listen eventually, just saying I wouldn't drop literally everything to get it and listen as I have done in years past. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Not to be all gloomy but honestly even if something like The General leaks, I wouldn't be in any hurry to track it down. 

Not saying I wouldn't listen eventually, just saying I wouldn't drop literally everything to get it and listen as I have done in years past. 

How come? Obviously there were a lot of 'take 3456' type things in the last leaks, but enough unique stuff in there to make for decent listening every so often I think.

What would stop you wanting to hear more stuff? 

44 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I didn't say I wouldn't listen eventually, I said I wouldn't be in any hurry to do so. 

In years past, I literally dropped everything the moment I heard about new leaks. Nowadays, there's wayyyyyy too many other great and new (or new to me) artists that I can invest my time in. 

I recently heard about a band called Green Lung, for example. Listening to them and other artists who actually WANT to put out music for their fans excites me far more than 20 year old songs that the artist doesn't want me to hear for some strange reason. 

Well that's certainly true! I'd always rather hear new music....but I suppose GNR are the exception with me. My attitude is actually totally at odds with my usual view on music. I can't stand nostalgia, the idea that the past was better, that 'rock music is dying' and that 'last of the greats' mentality that rock music fans seem to cling to. Move forwards or start getting old. 

Yet here I am, hoping to hear, as you say, 20 year old songs the band doesn't want to me hear. It's irrational and hypocritical really. 

I get totally where you're coming from. I suppose you're one further step down the road to 'rehabilitation' than me! 

I think part of is that I really do believe in those leaks lies the elements of what I loved in this band- creativity, passion, anger and soul. So if I can get a whiff of that.....then I'll take it. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't care what Dunsford has to say anymore. He's annoying, and he has already had his 15 minutes of fame. It's better if he just goes away quietly, to be honest.

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

No doubt he wants another 15 minutes. I feel bad for whomever he screws over next. TB went easy on him. He will get what he has coming, then again maybe he won’t. It looks bad when simpletons are ravaged by the legal system as a result of their shortsightedness or misfortunes.

100% agree, he acted like a fool and now he needs to go away. I mean he openly advertised that he was going to be at certain shows, like why would you want to put that target on yourself? What an idiot.

• Like 4

On 12/1/2020 at 11:04 AM, JimiRose said:

Yes, whilst this new SP album for the most part is dreadful, 

Disagree with this assessment. It isn't dreadful. They just went for a contemporary record by design. Corgan wanted to make something synth pop. Which is cool. It's different. There's something that any Pumpkin fan can like on it, at least a song or two. I have to listen more for a true review. I like that he keeps trying to do new things. Next record is supposed to be a rock opera.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 8:06 PM, gavgnr said:

I’ve thought this for ages now...the fan base aka hardcores are considered ‘the enemy’. The band just wants the boomers who love the classics to pay well over the odds for concert tix. That’s where the money is. 

Bruh. I have heard these boomers say countless times they don't want new music or they don't care about new music. It's one thing to just be all, "I'm stuck in 1987 forever." But it's another to actively say you hope they don't release new music as if it somehow erases their past work. These fans literally want to go hear "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" at every concert for the rest of their lives and relive that half decade of the '80s/early '90s for the rest of their time.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 9:57 AM, DTJ80 said:

I must admit that I can’t think of too many changes that I’ve noticed - he does do something odd at the start of Paradise City which sounds weird - misses a snare hit or something.

Im all for Iconic songs being faithful to the source material....although I do get why some folk would want to change it from time to time too - ‘just to freshen it up’.

Re Sorum - I think a lot of people forget how good a drummer he is because of all the attention his ‘ego’ gets.

Yep, i know people say his playing feels robotic but to me, his drumming on the illusion albums suited the songs.

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Bruh. I have heard these boomers say countless times they don't want new music or they don't care about new music. It's one thing to just be all, "I'm stuck in 1987 forever." But it's another to actively say you hope they don't release new music as if it somehow erases their past work. These fans literally want to go hear "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" at every concert for the rest of their lives and relive that half decade of the '80s/early '90s for the rest of their time.

I can sort of get on board with that line of thinking if the band play a shitload of deep cuts, and zero covers but thats not possible.

5 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

This is me. Not ashamed to admit it either 🤣 

it is what it is these days. I just embrace it now. 

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I didn't say I wouldn't listen eventually, I said I wouldn't be in any hurry to do so. 

In years past, I literally dropped everything the moment I heard about new leaks. Nowadays, there's wayyyyyy too many other great and new (or new to me) artists that I can invest my time in. 

I recently heard about a band called Green Lung, for example. Listening to them and other artists who actually WANT to put out music for their fans excites me far more than 20 year old songs that the artist doesn't want me to hear for some strange reason. 

Green Lung are awesome! Caught them in London last year, glad you enjoyed too!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Disagree with this assessment. It isn't dreadful. They just went for a contemporary record by design. Corgan wanted to make something synth pop. Which is cool. It's different. There's something that any Pumpkin fan can like on it, at least a song or two. I have to listen more for a true review. I like that he keeps trying to do new things. Next record is supposed to be a rock opera.

Sorry, I am a massive pumpkins fan but I have to disagree. I have every single album and love them all. When I heard it was going to be more poppy, I was down for that. But you have 3 guitarists, (himself being a genius) and one of the best drummers in the world. And you completely neuter them on this album, in favour of bad gary numan rip offs? Synth done well can be great. But he's written 1 average song 20 times on this album. The vocal melodies are repetitive, the synth sounds like a bad pro tools effort an the lyrics are meandering. He does great operatic rock, heavy metal, alt rock and acoustic rock and pop. This is just shit sadly. But, the saving grace is, unlike GnR i know it'll only be a couple years till the next album, and assuming this bombs as it is doing commercially and critically, it'll be a different direction, which I hope corgan will nail. 

10 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Might as well write 'best before 1991' on their foreheads. 

I really dislike that pandering to this sort of 'living in the past' attitude has become big bucks now. It's about as exciting and dynamic as watching paint dry. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I can't remember, the guy (Bird) who bought the locker said he Oklahoma with vocals among other things. Did we establish that as bullshit or not?

There was a bunch of talk about a hard drive too full of stuff, who knows. I wonder what other material existed back then with vocals. I'm sure most of it is BS, but hard to say.