The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

There's something almost freeing in that if they don't drop this album by the time the tour starts in March, it'll likely never happen.  

It will also get slash moving to do more SMKC to keep busy. The interview he did last year mentioned his has written the next SMKC album and just needs to rehearse and record with the other members. If new gnr material doesnt eventuate this year, its 94/95 snakepit era all over again.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Doubt its worth its own thread but heres a new richard interview about new songs and rehearsing songs like perfect crime.

New Guns N' Roses music is definitely being worked on — Slash even confirmed that last year. But what nobody knows is when (or if) that music will be released. Guitarist Richard Fortus, however, hopes that the band will put something out in 2020.

"We love bringing new songs in," Fortus told Forbes when asked for an update on new GN'R tunes. He noted that the group always has something on deck waiting to enter the set when he added, "We always rehearse stuff up. It's just a matter of everyone sort of feeling comfortable to integrate it into the show."

On that thread, Fortus expressed his desire to play something fresh, stating, "I hope that we have new music out this coming year."

Guns N' Roses shows are notoriously long as the band routinely plays upward of 25 songs each night, leaving plenty of room to rotate some tracks in and out. Last fall, a couple rarities were dusted off as "Locomotive" was played for the first time since 1992 and "Dead Horse" got the nod for the first time since 1993.

As for what other tracks he personally would like to unearth, Fortus explained that during his 18-years in Guns N' Roses, they've rehearsed "a bunch" of songs that haven't been performed onstage. "One I wish that we would — I really love the song — is 'Perfect Crime.' I've played that with this band for years and we've just never played it live for whatever reason," offered the guitarist. "This last tour we did 'Locomotive' a few times and that was really cool. I love that song. And it was fun to finally do that."

If new GN'R music does surface this year, it will be the first material to debut since the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008. More significantly, the band hasn't released any original material featuring Slash and Duff McKagan since 1991 when the pair of Use Your Illusion albums came out in 1991.

Read More: Guns N' Roses Guitarist Hopes New Music Will Be Out This Year | https://loudwire.com/richard-fortus-hopes-guns-n-roses-new-music-2020/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

It will also get slash moving to do more SMKC to keep busy. The interview he did last year mentioned his has written the next SMKC album and just needs to rehearse and record with the other members. If new gnr material doesnt eventuate this year, its 94/95 snakepit era all over again.

Now that would be the end of gnr... i will not support a GnR w/out Slash again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sofine11 said:

There's something almost freeing in that if they don't drop this album by the time the tour starts in March, it'll likely never happen.  

just my opinion, but I don't understand this logic. What's stopping Axl from dropping an album next year or the year after that? I mean, if it won't happen this year, if it won't get released by the time the tour starts in March... feels like it's just some coping mechanism that has more to do with us dealing with the lack of new music so it gets more organized in our head and easier to digest cause we want shit to be clear and stop being in limbo.

In reality I don't think it really makes a release less likely in the future. there is no real deadline that we know of.

• Like 2

But seriously ... I knew this was coming ... Slash says we're going to focus on album after tour ... Month after tour they announce a new tour! No word on any music except maybe the possibility of a different song on the setlist and then the seemingly revival of NITL ... I just want to know what's going on 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

2011- There will definitely be a new album! They took 10 months off

2012- Maybe there will be a new album, its technically a new tour

2014- I think there might be a new album! Axl said maybe and there were weird studio pics!

2015- Its quiet! They have to be working on the album

2017- NITL just ended, next they have to do an album

Etc

Crazy when it’s laid out like that, we are suckers for punishment. Meanwhile, Pearl Jam announce a new album in March together with US dates. So glad I support ‘normal’ bands too 😂

Truth is, whenever this band was about to release an album, there was a tour preceding with the upcoming songs having been played. AfD, but especially UYI and CD. They’ve always done this, so maybe it will be the case this time as well (with the album announced by the end of the year or so)...

Wishful thinking, yes. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

The only way I think an album will ever be confirmed is by Slash , GNR social media page or a Susan fuck up on instagram. Given Axl talks to nobody he’s the last one that would speak about it. The rest of the band are just there to give vague answers. 

Slash, Duff, Richard and Fernando have all confirmed work on a new album. We know it's happening, we just don't know when it will be released (some rumours say March) and what songs will comprise it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Slash, Duff, Richard and Fernando have all confirmed work on a new album. We know it's happening, we just don't know when it will be released (some rumours say March) and what songs will comprise it.

Yeah, and Dizzy's mom confirmed that Chinese Democracy was for sure definitely 100% being released in 2003.

If you were a fan back then, you know I'm not making that up.  That's what constituted for news back in the "dark days."

I think the fact that the reunited GNR released a goddamn b-side that we've all had for almost 30 years and pretended it was a new song probably means they haven't written anything together.  Gee....I wonder why......could it be......Axl?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yeah, and Dizzy's mom confirmed that Chinese Democracy was for sure definitely 100% being released in 2003.

If you were a fan back then, you know I'm not making that up.  That's what constituted for news back in the "dark days."

I think the fact that the reunited GNR released a goddamn b-side that we've all had for almost 30 years and pretended it was a new song probably means they haven't written anything together.  Gee....I wonder why......could it be......Axl?

Dizzy's mum is not Slash or Duff though.

I don't think SOYL means anything. Yeah, the band and Fernando played it off as a new song, which was shit, but that really has no impact on writing. For one, it was released as part of a wider boxset, Secondly, many people say Axl is a prolific writer behind the scenes - he just doesn't release it. I'm confident there is more than enough material for the band to work with.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

May have been his aunt, but I hear ya.

After CD, Guns fans should know better than to read tea leaves, I guess.

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

The moment Slash mentions going back to SMKC to record an album/tour. I think we can give up at that point. 

This i agree with and that would take a year with an album and tour.

Edited by Sydney Fan

What if the 'new album' is actually a Use Your Illusion remaster and all the time in the studio has merely been GNR finishing off one or two UYI era tracks to bulk up the boxset?

I wouldn't put in past them to put out another $1000 boxset and include a couple of 'new' songs like they did with SOYL.

This might be enough for a lot of people to cough up the $1000 entry fee.

17 minutes ago, default_ said:

Honestly, they might be working on stuff on the studio, maybe theres even a album done by now, the thing is: will it be released?

it all came to Axl after all, and Axl is still the same Axl he was 20 years ago.

It’s important to remember CD was done around the turn of the millennium and didn’t materialize for over 8 years. People say “Axl’s a new man since the reunion” and “everyone has learned from Chinese” but no, nothing has changed, besides Slash and Duff joining NuGuns. It’s been 12 years without new music. Axl still shows up unprepared to big concerts and doesn’t bother learning how to sing songs he can’t do anymore in a different way. The communication is terrible still. The only thing that’s changed about Axl is his bank account.

14 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s important to remember CD was done around the turn of the millennium and didn’t materialize for over 8 years. People say “Axl’s a new man since the reunion” and “everyone has learned from Chinese” but no, nothing has changed, besides Slash and Duff joining NuGuns. It’s been 12 years without new music. Axl still shows up unprepared to big concerts and doesn’t bother learning how to sing songs he can’t do anymore in a different way. The communication is terrible still. The only thing that’s changed about Axl is his bank account.

yeah I mean he shows up on time to perform live which is something a lot of people appreciate and maybe more mellow? not as angry but other than that, when it comes to not releasing albums he's still the best

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

God, seeing all the disbelief among hardcore fans like us makes me want them to surprise us with an album that much more.  Literally no one is really expecting them to make good on a release.  But it would fucking blow minds all over the place if they did.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

God, seeing all the disbelief among hardcore fans like us makes me want them to surprise us with an album that much more.  Literally no one is really expecting them to make good on a release.  But it would fucking blow minds all over the place if they did.  

I agree. At the same time, I hope to God that the limited album news from the actual GNR members isn't just an endless stringing us along the way, that would kill any positivity stone dead. 

Edited by Edward Nygma