The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - Slash and Duff are never quitting GNR again. If no new music is forthcoming then they can get their creative endeavours out elsewhere and ‘play for fun’ with GNR whilst earning gazillions. I think we will get new GNR stuff anyway so all is good but I think ‘the big 3’ are here to the bitter end now.

I had a strange dream last night!

I've never dreamt about GNR, but in this dream Duff released a statement saying he was out of the band due to creative differences and the lack of efforts to release something new after 5 years!

If one of them (Slash or Duff) is out the band is over.

54 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I've never dreamt about GNR, but in this dream Duff released a statement saying he was out of the band due to creative differences and the lack of efforts to release something new after 5 years!

As long as Axl has Slash it ain't over. They'll probably get Izzy the split of the loot. 

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Absolutely no way Duff or Slash are leaving Gun$ N Ro$e$... was I too subtle?

But... even if they did break up, would it be all that bad? All people wanted was a reunion with Slash. We've had it, it was fine. 

Anyway Slash is out there doing recent enough interviews stating that a GNR record is still in the pipeline... it just doesn't have anything close to a firm release date... or agreed direction. Sounds like a typical classic GNR release. The take away here is that it'll happen when it happens!

I can't see Slash or Duff ever leaving now.....but I think the band might just fade out. Live dates get fewer and fewer, until basically nothing is happening and they've 'split up' in all but name. Just sort of drifted away due to fatigue and indifference. 

Based on that last NITL selects, Slash looked like he was really bored. 

• Like 2

The one potential upside to Slash leaving would be a heightened possibility of hearing the "CD2" songs released with Bucket and Robin on it, assuming they intend or have re-recorded all of their parts for an eventual release with songs from that era.

One bummer will be if they re-record all of Brain's drums with Frank. I hope they do what they did with CD, and leave most of Brain's work alone.

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The one potential upside to Slash leaving would be a heightened possibility of hearing the "CD2" songs released with Bucket and Robin on it, assuming they intend or have re-recorded all of their parts for an eventual release with songs from that era.

One bummer will be if they re-record all of Brain's drums with Frank. I hope they do what they did with CD, and leave most of Brain's work alone.

Fuck me..that band is done..if it was good enough Axl would have released it..move on

1 hour ago, mattromero said:

what r u talking about?

Somebody posted some info on FB about a new record being released in Feb and a link to Atlas supposedly with Slash n Duff. But, 28 December in some South American countries is their equivalent of April Fools day. Pretty shitty troll attempt

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Somebody posted some info on FB about a new record being released in Feb and a link to Atlas supposedly with Slash n Duff. But, 28 December in some South American countries is their equivalent of April Fools day. Pretty shitty troll attempt

do you have a link? even if it's false

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Is that post still on FB? Can’t seem to find it 

18 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

It’s very odd for a fan site like that to troll in that manner. Listening to the clip the only thing that stands out as markedly different is the snare. That could be ‘mucked about’ with I suppose.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1