The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

Can you spot the difference between 'there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year' for SMKC and  'Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record'  for Guns? One is real, the other is wishful thinking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dgnr said:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

Can you spot the difference between 'there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year' for SMKC and  'Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the Guns record'  for Guns? One is real, the other is wishful thinking.

If he meant what he said than there are three different things. The SMKC record is coming, we knew that before. 

"we also worked on the Guns record"... they work on something obviously, or worked on something. There are songs, if old or new, who knows? Should be the most interesting part for us, but... it's still on Axl, without him, no vocals, no production, no release. So nothing new, again.

But what's the Duff jamming about? I mean, he said it as these were two separate things. The jamming and the work on the Guns record. It could be misphrasing, but if not, maybe there's a new project born.

That's kind of interesting :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

My money is on slash and duff pressuring Axl to release a record, arguments ensue and they both quit again in a couple of years, no album comes and Gnr retires with no official announcement.

I hope you're wrong but sadly this is an entirely feasible outcome going by past behaviours.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

My money is on slash and duff pressuring Axl to release a record, arguments ensue and they both quit again in a couple of years, no album comes and Gnr retires with no official announcement.

This scenario is highly likely I think.

If they return to live shows with no announcement of new music then all hope is lost.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

My view is that Axl Rose has zero interest in putting out new music. There’s nothing more to it. This thread will still be going in 2030

I hope I'm wrong to but if it's the case for Axl then the 'jaming with Duff" could be a Kind of VR. For sure what he work with Duff can't be in SMKC. but u know I'm su F____ optimist !!!

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don't think Slash would want an out in GN'R ever again. He needs that post divorce money. Hate to say it, but him and Duff may have become yes men to Axl. Pretty sure they talk shit behind him but it's a yes on everything he says.

I don't think Slash and Duff are starting a new project. Maybe just jamming for fun for future GnR ideas in case they're able to record more later. There's probably still no concrete plans for new GnR album, or nothing that they're willing to share yet. SMKC on the other hand, he's already got a plan for that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

I don't think Slash would want an out in GN'R ever again. He needs that post divorce money. Hate to say it, but him and Duff may have become yes men to Axl. Pretty sure they talk shit behind him but it's a yes on everything he says.

Yup - Slash and Duff are never quitting GNR again. If no new music is forthcoming then they can get their creative endeavours out elsewhere and ‘play for fun’ with GNR whilst earning gazillions. I think we will get new GNR stuff anyway so all is good but I think ‘the big 3’ are here to the bitter end now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - Slash and Duff are never quitting GNR again. If no new music is forthcoming then they can get their creative endeavours out elsewhere and ‘play for fun’ with GNR whilst earning gazillions. I think we will get new GNR stuff anyway so all is good but I think ‘the big 3’ are here to the bitter end now.

Same mindset buddy. Gotta keep the optimism alive. I think Duff and Slash's solo ventures keep them sane from Axl's procrastination creative wise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I had a strange dream last night!

I've never dreamt about GNR, but in this dream Duff released a statement saying he was out of the band due to creative differences and the lack of efforts to release something new after 5 years!

If one of them (Slash or Duff) is out the band is over.

54 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I've never dreamt about GNR, but in this dream Duff released a statement saying he was out of the band due to creative differences and the lack of efforts to release something new after 5 years!

As long as Axl has Slash it ain't over. They'll probably get Izzy the split of the loot. 

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

Absolutely no way Duff or Slash are leaving Gun$ N Ro$e$... was I too subtle?

But... even if they did break up, would it be all that bad? All people wanted was a reunion with Slash. We've had it, it was fine. 

Anyway Slash is out there doing recent enough interviews stating that a GNR record is still in the pipeline... it just doesn't have anything close to a firm release date... or agreed direction. Sounds like a typical classic GNR release. The take away here is that it'll happen when it happens!

I can't see Slash or Duff ever leaving now.....but I think the band might just fade out. Live dates get fewer and fewer, until basically nothing is happening and they've 'split up' in all but name. Just sort of drifted away due to fatigue and indifference. 

Based on that last NITL selects, Slash looked like he was really bored. 

• Like 2

The one potential upside to Slash leaving would be a heightened possibility of hearing the "CD2" songs released with Bucket and Robin on it, assuming they intend or have re-recorded all of their parts for an eventual release with songs from that era.

One bummer will be if they re-record all of Brain's drums with Frank. I hope they do what they did with CD, and leave most of Brain's work alone.

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The one potential upside to Slash leaving would be a heightened possibility of hearing the "CD2" songs released with Bucket and Robin on it, assuming they intend or have re-recorded all of their parts for an eventual release with songs from that era.

One bummer will be if they re-record all of Brain's drums with Frank. I hope they do what they did with CD, and leave most of Brain's work alone.

Fuck me..that band is done..if it was good enough Axl would have released it..move on