The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No. While he is somewhat responsible for the leaks we got in 2019, the guy is an attention seeker who doesn't know when to shut up. He gave us hourly updates on his journey to pick up the leaks, and then dicked everybody around while bragging about them. He proceeded to milk his 15 minutes of fame and is just generally a nuisance now.

I’ll be honest - 99 times out of 100 I’d agree with this....can’t be bothered with attention seekers. However - ANYTHING that gets material such as unreleased demos/tracks or SBDs.....folk can have all the attention they want. It’s not like I follow these people so makes no odds to me.

Im just thankful for getting stuff and don’t care how/who makes it happen.

A sad indictment on GNR’s lack of material is captured by the ‘leaks’ scenario from a couple of years back....after the reunion that was probably the biggest thing re GNR to happen since 2008!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yah know, the other day I was saying that I would prefer if the album was new songs instead of CD leftovers, but now I’m not so sure, since AFD, UYI, and CD form a “trilogy,” of sorts, and Lies is sorta “part of” AFD and TSI is sorta “part of” UYI. Therefore, it kinda makes sense for the new album to use leftovers so that it could be “part of” CD.

On 12/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, mattromero said:

No one cares Rick, go away

On 12/29/2020 at 11:52 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

No. While he is somewhat responsible for the leaks we got in 2019, the guy is an attention seeker who doesn't know when to shut up. He gave us hourly updates on his journey to pick up the leaks, and then dicked everybody around while bragging about them. He proceeded to milk his 15 minutes of fame and is just generally a nuisance now.

I agree. He's always screaming for attention and it's so annoying.

• Like 2

Didn't think Hell Rose Place would have already been buried in the conversation, thought I found something cool.  :P

Sad thing is that leaking music might be the only thing that'll push the band to do more; Hard School getting soundchecked might not have ever happened otherwise.

56 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Didn't think Hell Rose Place would have already been buried in the conversation, thought I found something cool.  :P

Sad thing is that leaking music might be the only thing that'll push the band to do more; Hard School getting soundchecked might not have ever happened otherwise.

Delayed it if anything. Had fuck all to do with them soundchecking it. Apart from fucking them off

13 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Delayed it if anything. Had fuck all to do with them soundchecking it. Apart from fucking them off

Do we know for sure that the leaks made it back to the band? I’m not entirely sure how much gets screened by TB!

48 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

yes 100% they did. They know what's out there

👍 Well - that’s good that they are aware of this stuff happening. I just wish they would release it officially (either as expanded CD set or as part of the new album) as it takes away the power from hoarders. I mean - putting all the obscure stuff on a deluxe CD set will not diminish its legacy IMO.

I just checked Todd Kerns' interview with Fortus (it's still live) and it happened to be exactly at the moment where they mentioned new music :lol:

Nothing new, of course,. Only Todd Kerns said he knows that there is new music but not about when (Slash doesn't say). Fortus didn't say anything. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1