The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

^^^

Live interview ended. The new music talk is at about 49:30 minute mark if anyone is interested.

And as per the Duff interview, he asks him, then keeps talking over him, and doesn’t actually let Fortus answer. So fucking annoying 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

^^^

Live interview ended. The new music talk is at about 49:30 minute mark if anyone is interested.

11 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

And as per the Duff interview, he asks him, then keeps talking over him, and doesn’t actually let Fortus answer. So fucking annoying 

Not like Fortus was going to tell us anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Not like Fortus was going to tell us anything.

True, but he didn’t have to ask him a release date, he could’ve asked him something else in regards to it, like what’s the new music like, with Slash and Duff back, or something like that. 

Its just stupid that Todd answers the question for him, because he’s scared to let Fortus say something he might not want to...

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it, if he was scared it wouldn't bring it up.

Yeah, but he asked a new GN’R music question, then proceeded to talk over Richard, rather than letting him actually answer. He did the same with Duff. If he wasn’t scared, he wouldn’t have done that and just let him ya know... actually answer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

These people are like Jimmy Fallon – they like to hear themselves talk. The guests are often just brands that sell their show, it’s not really necessary to conduct some proper interview or anything, just a few tidbits or something “controversial” that would make the watch numbers, and that’s it. 
But as usual, where there’s demand, there’s supply. 

Cant stand jimmy fallon and that other tool seth rogan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Cant stand jimmy fallon and that other tool seth rogan.

Do you mean Joe Rogan? I haven't watched any of his podcasts etc. I quite like Trevor Noah - mainly as a stand-up comedian but also his show is fine. And I'd watch Conan whenever Bill Burr is the guest. These two have chemistry. 
But that's just random Youtube stuff, it's not like I'm subscribed to any of these channels. 

36 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Do you mean Joe Rogan? I haven't watched any of his podcasts etc. I quite like Trevor Noah - mainly as a stand-up comedian but also his show is fine. And I'd watch Conan whenever Bill Burr is the guest. These two have chemistry. 
But that's just random Youtube stuff, it's not like I'm subscribed to any of these channels. 

Sorry seth meyers i meant to say :facepalm:

i would love if joe rogan would invote axl onto his show for a no holds barred interview! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Sorry seth meyers i meant to say :facepalm:

i would love if joe rogan would invote axl onto his show for a no holds barred interview! 

Yeah I've heard wild stories. And if the guy was able to make Musk smoke a blunt, something would be bound to happen with Axl there as well! Like, admitting how much stuff he has in his damn lockers. Or which year is the new album coming out etc. :lol:

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Foo Fighters are releasing their 10th studio album on Feb. 5. It was originally slated for 2020 to coincide with their 25th anniversary, but it was delayed due to the pandemic.

Dave Grohl had this to say: 

“So, six or seven months went by, and I’m, like: ‘We make this music for people to hear. We don’t just make it so that we can go hit the road. We write these songs so people can enjoy them and sing along, whether it’s in their kitchen by themselves with a bottle of Crown Royal or in a stadium bouncing around, singing the choruses. So, I was, like, right now, more than ever, people need something to lift their spirits, something to give them some feeling of relief or escape. I was, like: ‘We’ve gotta put it out. Let’s put it out right now.’"

None of those words are in Axl’s vocabulary. It wouldn’t be possible for Axl to release music. 

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Foo Fighters are releasing their 10th studio album on Feb. 5. It was originally slated for 2020 to coincide with their 25th anniversary, but it was delayed due to the pandemic.

Dave Grohl had this to say: 

“So, six or seven months went by, and I’m, like: ‘We make this music for people to hear. We don’t just make it so that we can go hit the road. We write these songs so people can enjoy them and sing along, whether it’s in their kitchen by themselves with a bottle of Crown Royal or in a stadium bouncing around, singing the choruses. So, I was, like, right now, more than ever, people need something to lift their spirits, something to give them some feeling of relief or escape. I was, like: ‘We’ve gotta put it out. Let’s put it out right now.’"

Theres alot of artist and bands out there doing the same and releasing stuff so fans can enjoy it.

Pandemic or not gnr would still be in the same boat. 

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Slash has already worked on/recorded music for GNR. That's been done for over a year now, I think. I think it was the spring of 2019 when we know he was recording at Axl's. He always said his first priority was music for GNR, so he's been ready with that for a while now.

Everybodys priority is record and release new music with GnR. Everybody but Axl

On 1/11/2021 at 8:10 AM, Lio said:

Slash has already worked on/recorded music for GNR. That's been done for over a year now, I think. I think it was the spring of 2019 when we know he was recording at Axl's. He always said his first priority was music for GNR, so he's been ready with that for a while now.

I didnt know that, thanks.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:46 AM, DurhamGirl said:

Every time I read any music news Slash is constantly playing with various people, he obviously hates not working, so where is he getting time to do music with Guns?  I suspect he is'nt which means no new music :max:.

So, assuming you weren't being sarcastic, are you really blaming the lack of new music on Slash? To me, it looks more like Slash--who indeed hates being idle--has to keep busy because of Axl's lack of drive.

Edited by Chuzeville
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 4:46 AM, DurhamGirl said:

Every time I read any music news Slash is constantly playing with various people, he obviously hates not working, so where is he getting time to do music with Guns?  I suspect he is'nt which means no new music :max:.

But then you've got to remember that they recorded TSI during the UYI Tour in between concerts.