The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I wonder what logo they will use for the new album art/promo. The old GN'R logo is boring to me, I wish they would come up with something fresh instead of re-using it over and over since the reunion...

I liked the 2001-2006 logos with the stars. The 2008+ CD era logo wasn't too cool to me, but at least it was unique. 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:10 AM, Lio said:

Slash has already worked on/recorded music for GNR. That's been done for over a year now, I think. I think it was the spring of 2019 when we know he was recording at Axl's. He always said his first priority was music for GNR, so he's been ready with that for a while now.

I think on Slash's mind he Hope's the band will go into the studio and cut some new songs along with whatever he worked on in 2019 at Axls studio.

11 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I've been away from GNR for quite some time but I just listened back to Axl/DC and also Rock the Rock.

Just wanted to tell you guys how much I hate this band. Axl sounds amazing on both. The reunion happened 5 years ago and we still have no album, not even a song. Yeah they soundchecked Hard School but I'm not buying the "waiting until Covid is over" argument. Axl will be 60 soon and he could be the highest riding old school singer in terms of public reception, up there with Brian Johnson and Mick Jagger. But he just doesn't do shit. It makes me really mad.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that thought of "what could be" versus "what is". UGH.

Exactly... Getting older an will sound shittier..

Look at sammy hagar and his voice is great still at his age.. Best thing now is the chairman or somebody gets any more leaks out there from 20yrs ago with lyrics when axls voice wasnt spent... Id be happy with that. No new album is coming... And anyone seeing them live listening to that shite vocally served up an slash playing not giving 2 f*cks anymore..

Good luck to ya... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I've been away from GNR for quite some time but I just listened back to Axl/DC and also Rock the Rock.

Just wanted to tell you guys how much I hate this band. Axl sounds amazing on both. The reunion happened 5 years ago and we still have no album, not even a song. Yeah they soundchecked Hard School but I'm not buying the "waiting until Covid is over" argument. Axl will be 60 soon and he could be the highest riding old school singer in terms of public reception, up there with Brian Johnson and Mick Jagger. But he just doesn't do shit. It makes me really mad.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that thought of "what could be" versus "what is". UGH.

Dude! We have Shadow of your Love. Don't be so ungrateful. It's hard to release music these days in the absence of suitable platforms. 

(yes I'm being sarcastic) 

This isn't a band that needs an album to promote a tour, nor a tour to promote an album - so I completely agree - the whole 'wait until after Covid' thing is total horse shit. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:50 PM, ThePreacher said:

About a year ago, almost exactly a year ago I was thrilled when I saw there was something new coming for their website (hints of a new design).

Who remembers this? Good times...

I seem to recall they were clearing stock etc - which would suggest that stuff was planned to replace it.

T-shirts with the new album cover......or something! 😂

Hmm chatter of a new gnr album....

https://www.sctimes.com/story/life/2021/01/16/local-cd-pick-upcoming-releases-2021/6648177002/

Local CD pick: Upcoming releases of 2021

Tim Ryan
Special to the Times

While 2020 left us all with a bit of a sour taste in our mouths, overall it was a decent year for music. As hopes turn to 2021, we're already seeing the possibilities of the new year.

We now have official release dates from artists who have dropped singles well in advance of their new albums, including Foo Fighters, The Pretty Reckless, Chevelle and Greta Van Fleet. Wolfgang Van Halen is also expected to drop his debut full-length album.

Expectations include new releases from Ghost, Pop Evil, Godsmack and Red Hot Chili Peppers. For those into something a bit heavier, look towards Slipknot, Megadeth, Mastodon, Veil Of Maya, Jinjer and Gojira. There’s also chatter of a new Guns N’ Roses album, but that’s anyone’s guess.  

This year looks to bring plenty of solid albums to satisfy just about everyone. Here's to a new year.

— Tim, Rockin’ 101, 101.7 FM. On air midnight-4 a.m. weeknights, midnight-5 a.m. weekends, 3-9 p.m. Saturday.

6 hours ago, vloors said:

Hmm chatter of a new gnr album....

https://www.sctimes.com/story/life/2021/01/16/local-cd-pick-upcoming-releases-2021/6648177002/

Local CD pick: Upcoming releases of 2021

Tim Ryan
Special to the Times

While 2020 left us all with a bit of a sour taste in our mouths, overall it was a decent year for music. As hopes turn to 2021, we're already seeing the possibilities of the new year.

We now have official release dates from artists who have dropped singles well in advance of their new albums, including Foo Fighters, The Pretty Reckless, Chevelle and Greta Van Fleet. Wolfgang Van Halen is also expected to drop his debut full-length album.

Expectations include new releases from Ghost, Pop Evil, Godsmack and Red Hot Chili Peppers. For those into something a bit heavier, look towards Slipknot, Megadeth, Mastodon, Veil Of Maya, Jinjer and Gojira. There’s also chatter of a new Guns N’ Roses album, but that’s anyone’s guess.  

This year looks to bring plenty of solid albums to satisfy just about everyone. Here's to a new year.

— Tim, Rockin’ 101, 101.7 FM. On air midnight-4 a.m. weeknights, midnight-5 a.m. weekends, 3-9 p.m. Saturday.

You're right in the middle of the 'chatter about a new Guns N Roses album' now! This is it! 

This is gonna sound shitty of me to say, but not only do I no longer care if a new album ever comes out or not, but I almost don’t even want it to, because I’ve gotten so used to the idea of viewing AFD/UYI/CD as a “trilogy” now (the band taking so long forced me to see things this way), that I’d almost rather just keep that idea in my head intact, instead of having something new come along to disrupt it. (Shrugs)

Edited by rocknroll41

9 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Dunno where these come from every year but while driving to work today, GNR was playing in one of the biggest finnish radio station. When the song ended, DJ said "New GNR music coming 2021. And I am really looking forward to it!" 

Yeah, it makes buzz. Clicking, internet traffic, sharing on social media. I.e. advertisement through excitement. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yeah, it makes buzz. Clicking, internet traffic, sharing on social media. I.e. advertisement through excitement. 

That's about it. And clueless DJs just saying whatever as they don't really give too much of a damn and just say whatever! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

As much as I hate to say this, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the only reason Hardschool was soundchecked is because it leaked, and nothing more.

Of course - Better, IRS, & TWAT only got played in '06 after the leaks. Without that we probably wouldn't have even heard it soundchecked.

• Like 1