The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm more interested in an announcement about the UYI boxset. Hope that happens soon.

3 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

I would prefer a new album, but think a UYI boxset release happening this year is more realistic

Let's watch as they name the new album Use Your Illusion III and use the 30th anniversary as a marketing push alongside a boxset... lol.

21 hours ago, Towelie said:

In the time it took GNR to do TSI and CD, Prince made:

Come (1993)

The Gold Experience (1995)

Exodus (1995)

Chaos & Disorder (1996)

Emancipation (1996)

Crystal Ball (1998)

The Truth (1998)

New Power Soul (1998)

Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic (1999)

The Chocolate Invasion (2000)

The Slaughterhouse (2000)

The Rainbow Children (2001)

One Nite Alone Piano & Vocal (2002)

N.E.W.S. (2002)

Musicology (2004)

3121 (2006)

Planet Earth (2007)

Lotusflow3r (2008)

MPLSoUND (2008)

20Ten (2010)

Art Official Age (2014)

Plectrum Electrum (2014)

HitNRun Phase One (2015)

HitNRun Phase Two (2015)

^^ Two of them are triple albums. He also wrote and produced entire albums for Chaka Khan, Larry Graham, Bria Valente and George Clinton. 

His estate has released more music since his death 5 years ago than GNR have put out in their entire career. 

No artist would win that comparasion with  Prince. His output is second to none, quality- and quantity-wise

• Like 2

All this talk of double albums is just mental! First point is they are rarely worth it, though there are of exceptions to the rule. Secondly GNR don't appear to release new music. Yet we've got folk talking about releasing a double album in an age where people don't buy CDs. So if, possibly rightly, GNR don't see today's streaming market as being all that profitable to release a single song, then it seems unlikely that a double album will be making its way to our ears any time soon! 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 3:53 PM, DTJ80 said:

Ahh yes - the video. I know it eventually leaked....why was it never released in the end? I remember Lars getting blamed (Fernando?) which turned out to be bullshit. Don’t see why they don’t just fire it up onto their VEVO/YouTube page. 🤷🏼‍♂️

THAT was the song to announce him/the new band to the world.....and it was handled terribly. :facepalm:

By the time they wanted to release the video, two of the guitarists (Robin and Bucket) and a drummer (Brain) were out of the band. And then DJ was announced in March '09. The revolving door of musicians probably contributed to a whole bunch of things not getting released as they would have been "outdated".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Amir said:

By the time they wanted to release the video, two of the guitarists (Robin and Bucket) and a drummer (Brain) were out of the band. And then DJ was announced in March '09. The revolving door of musicians probably contributed to a whole bunch of things not getting released as they would have been "outdated".

If the versions that leaked were anything close to the "finished" product I'm not too surprised it was never released... there's some cool shots but also some sloppy editing and the band member intros have a kinda cheesy reality-show type of vibe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Cheers 👍

12 hours ago, Spirit said:

Is Duff talking about Hard School here? If so, did we know it dated back to 96 with Slash and Duff?

7:20

In addition to @SoulMonster's link, the "Jackie Chan" song is mentioned in Matt Sorum's (not  yet officially released) book as a track Axl had and the band was working on (there were no vocals yet), which Rick Rubin, who was very briefly involved, liked.

• Like 1

I've been away from GNR for about 2 years now and I honestly don't plan on coming back full-time until they release something new. They're still my favorite, but nah. Enough of this catalogue.

That being said, I feel the only way they can redeem themselves and make up for the past 30 years is another double-album. Release it the day UYI turns 30.

Sounds shitty, like they owe me/us something, but I don't know. 30 new songs, exactly 30 years after UYI. I'd be in 7th Heaven - and I don't mean that show about the preaching family.

Like, I want to feel this band again. The way I felt when Power Up! was released and I bought it the day of. Listened to it on the drive home. It was such a great feeling. Now imagine that with a new GNR album. Ugh. I hate this band :facepalm:

• Thanks 1

Will someone tell me what's happening with this band?  I don't want to read through 300+ pages to find out that nothing is happening.  :facepalm:

Howdy all.  I've been away for a while dealing with life and lockdowns and various other.  Dropping by to catch up on news...if any.  

Believe it or not, I missed my time here!  Some good people.

Are those crazy loons still here, Diesel Daisy and Len Cnut and SoulMonster and the like?   Do Soulmonster and Diesel Daisy still endure a turbulent bromance? 

Is MillionsofSpiders sill around and all the brilliant women from the Women's Thread?  Hello to you all if you are!

Is it as eerily quiet in here as it out in the real world...

There is no new album...is there...:max:

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:20 AM, SoulMonster said:
On 2/2/2021 at 2:09 PM, Spirit said:

Is Duff talking about Hard School here? If so, did we know it dated back to 96 with Slash and Duff?

7:20

Hence why it was (rumored) to be the first single and why it was going to be played live. 

• Like 1

If Hard School was written in the Slash and Duff era, were the lyrics too?  Cause that would end my long standing theory of the lyrics to the song being about Slash after the breakup fallout.  Then again that would be a savage move for Axl to write a song about Slash, with Slash still in the band, and then make him play it 30 years later as the first reunion single :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

If Hard School was written in the Slash and Duff era, were the lyrics too?  Cause that would end my long standing theory of the lyrics to the song being about Slash after the breakup fallout.  Then again that would be a savage move for Axl to write a song about Slash, with Slash still in the band, and then make him play it 30 years later as the first reunion single :lol:

According to Matt Sorum (see my post above), it didn't have lyrics then. Apparently Axl wrote them later, and yes, they're clearly about Slash :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Will someone tell me what's happening with this band?  I don't want to read through 300+ pages to find out that nothing is happening.  :facepalm:

Howdy all.  I've been away for a while dealing with life and lockdowns and various other.  Dropping by to catch up on news...if any.  

Believe it or not, I missed my time here!  Some good people.

Are those crazy loons still here, Diesel Daisy and Len Cnut and SoulMonster and the like?   Do Soulmonster and Diesel Daisy still endure a turbulent bromance? 

Is MillionsofSpiders sill around and all the brilliant women from the Women's Thread?  Hello to you all if you are!

Is it as eerily quiet in here as it out in the real world...

There is no new album...is there...:max:

Yeah they're all still here.

17 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

That being said, I feel the only way they can redeem themselves and make up for the past 30 years is another double-album. Release it the day UYI turns 30.

Bloody hell! I detest the mere concept of the double album! Haha! In my view that is 100% NOT how to go about it in today's market. Short, snappy and to the point is how music is consumed these days. There's a reason why the past 2 AC/DC albums have clocked in at the 40 minute mark! Double albums are a thing of the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

Bloody hell! I detest the mere concept of the double album! Haha! In my view that is 100% NOT how to go about it in today's market. Short, snappy and to the point is how music is consumed these days. There's a reason why the past 2 AC/DC albums have clocked in at the 40 minute mark! Double albums are a thing of the past.

I say prepare two-albums' worth of material but release it with a 2-year gap and tour it correspondingly (successively).