The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DownUnderScott said:

Isn’t it time to shut down the topic altogether. I mean, how much speculation bullshit can we spew out of our desperate mouths 😔

Yeah, it's pointless, all things considered. ;)

• Like 1

C'mon boys and girls, forget all this nonsense about a new GNR album... there's more chance of a Led Zeppelin reunion at this stage! Besides, it's much much much more rewarding, fun, and interesting to talk about the different EQ and level mixes from the leaked CD sessions and speculate about how successful these tracks would've been had they been released in 2001! And let's not forget about the legendary 2002 VMA rehearsal tape either! I for one am salivating at the prospect of one day seeing that! That's literally all there is. Sad times! Most dangerous band in the world? Possibly more the most disappointing band in the world.

• Like 3

I know this has been talked about before (what hasn't in this thread), but I'd much, much rather have another massive leak happen like with the village sessions except it contain all or most of the CD-era from 2010 and before. :)

Evidence from over the YEARS suggests there is not going to be any new music, something would have happened by now.  Maybe Slash would like it to happen hence his ambiguous replies when asked about it but I dont think the other main players are fussed.  Such a shame.

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I know this has been talked about before (what hasn't in this thread), but I'd much, much rather have another massive leak happen like with the village sessions except it contain all or most of the CD-era from 2010 and before. :)

Why? I appreciate it is subjective, but the few tracks I heard from the last leaks (Perhaps, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, and Hard School, I think) were all bland as hell. Did not remotely interest me. Prior to that I always hoped some of the material would see the light of day and that it would be decent. I remember hearing the 2006 leaks and being very excited. Only to hear the final album, be presented with Scraped and This I Love... and feel pretty deflated! I still maintain Better is a belter though! 

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Evidence from over the YEARS suggests there is not going to be any new music, something would have happened by now.  Maybe Slash would like it to happen hence his ambiguous replies when asked about it but I dont think the other main players are fussed.  Such a shame.

Oh dear. What evidence? If evidence tells us anything, then that it will take a lot of time, but it might eventually come out. Even Axl said he didnt record all this shit just to keep it buried. So maybe think harder next time before posting.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Why? I appreciate it is subjective, but the few tracks I heard from the last leaks (Perhaps, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, and Hard School, I think) were all bland as hell. Did not remotely interest me. Prior to that I always hoped some of the material would see the light of day and that it would be decent. I remember hearing the 2006 leaks and being very excited. Only to hear the final album, be presented with Scraped and This I Love... and feel pretty deflated! I still maintain Better is a belter though! 

At the very least, such an additional massive leak would satisfy our curiosity of songs like Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, The General, etc.

I found Hard School and Perhaps to be great. Atlas underwhelming, some of the instrumentals were fun. State Of Grace needs to be finished, I regard it as a work-in-progress with an unfinished vocal and guitar track. (No solo, but maybe they never planned one) I liked Eye On You, but can see why others don't, even with the consideration it is unfinished. 

Better in my opinion is the best song we have heard to have come out from the CD era. The leak actually got me into GN'R. 

6 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

And that’s what makes his place fun to debate this stuff - I thought Perhaps, Atlas and Hardschool were awesome 😂. Zodiac 13 with vocals.....THATS the holy grail for me.

And agreed - Better really should have been a monster hit. Such a good song and one that would easily take its place in a career spanning ‘Best Of’.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Oh dear. What evidence? If evidence tells us anything, then that it will take a lot of time, but it might eventually come out. Even Axl said he didnt record all this shit just to keep it buried. So maybe think harder next time before posting.

Why....by 'evidence' I mean posts going back years asking for new music.  Thats all.  Sorry if it offended you.

9 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

1 album since 1994! 1 whole album of original material in nearly 30 years. There is your evidence. To put that into context, Deep Purple have released 7 studios albums in that time, AC/DC 5, The Stones 4, Metallica 6... and Slash himself has released 8. So the evidence is pretty conclusive really. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

And that’s what makes his place fun to debate this stuff - I thought Perhaps, Atlas and Hardschool were awesome 😂. Zodiac 13 with vocals.....THATS the holy grail for me.

And agreed - Better really should have been a monster hit. Such a good song and one that would easily take its place in a career spanning ‘Best Of’.

Fair play to ya. I went and listened back to those leaked tracks earlier and came to the same conclusion... not my bag, doesn't excited me, not that interesting musically, and certainly not worth waiting for.

As an aside, whilst on topic of Better, I remember hearing the 2006 version of IRS and absolutely fecking loving it! The final album version didn't hit me the same though. Actually disappointed me. I still have that demo somewhere though and it rocks! 

The only "evidence" we really have is that a new album is really being worked on. The main Gunners have said so, along with comments on (Axl’s) material that already exists. It doesn’t collide with whatever Susan McK has said, because she didn’t provide any dates or schedules etc. I don’t believe it to be so hard to understand that just because they haven’t released it yet – particularly at the times when other bands do it, right? – that doesn’t mean there won’t be any new music. 
Does it suck? Well duh. It could be "in the making" for another 3 years for all we know. But we surely don’t have any "evidence" that it’s not happening. 

I’ve said it here before – they’re old school guys, and I’d bet they don’t want to put out anything unless they can promote (i.e. tour) it immediately. Too bad they don’t at least release singles, videos etc. Sucks big time.

• Like 4

Promote it? You think they're gonna be on TV and do interviews and make music videos?!! The album will come out, there'll be some bizarre axl interview online 4 months later and maybe a 4tus interview on a low key YouTube video then a new tour a year later. 

Of course, that's when the album comes out, In 2024. With 3 covers on, crappy bland modern production with no bass and bottom end, and made up from cd2 leftovers where Axl hasn't written a song in 18 years and a few weak Duff tracks. 

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Promote it? You think they're gonna be on TV and do interviews and make music videos?!! The album will come out, there'll be some bizarre axl interview online 4 months later and maybe a 4tus interview on a low key YouTube video then a new tour a year later. 

Of course, that's when the album comes out, In 2024. With 3 covers on, crappy bland modern production with no bass and bottom end, and made up from cd2 leftovers where Axl hasn't written a song in 18 years and a few weak Duff tracks. 

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

promote (i.e. tour) it 

36 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The only "evidence" we really have is that a new album is really being worked on. The main Gunners have said so, along with comments on (Axl’s) material that already exists. It doesn’t collide with whatever Susan McK has said, because she didn’t provide any dates or schedules etc. I don’t believe it to be so hard to understand that just because they haven’t released it yet – particularly at the times when other bands do it, right? – that doesn’t mean there won’t be any new music. 
Does it suck? Well duh. It could be "in the making" for another 3 years for all we know. But we surely don’t have any "evidence" that it’s not happening. 

I’ve said it here before – they’re old school guys, and I’d bet they don’t want to put out anything unless they can promote (i.e. tour) it immediately. Too bad they don’t at least release singles, videos etc. Sucks big time.

No offence intended but I do think you are being a little naive and setting yourself up for disappointment, but I hope you are right :mellow:

24 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

No offence intended but I do think you are being a little naive and setting yourself up for disappointment, but I hope you are right :mellow:

But why? I’m going by what we know and what the musicians themselves said. I’m using just simple logic. Since when does Slash lie about working on new Guns music? How long could they do NITL and its variants until the ticket numbers would start to fade? Especially after Covid, when people will be hungry for new live material, not the stuff they’ve heard 100 times before? Don’t forget that people may have lost a lot of money last year, and the casuals may therefore choose other bands, bands that actually create and release new music.
There’s not a single reason why they shouldn’t put out a new record, even if just a single album. The fact that some people will pirate it or that Guns would make much more dough from touring doesn’t change anything about the reality that other bands (from the same era) still do it, so why should it be specifically disadvantageous for Guns? 

Also, I can’t really be disappointed, because I know we still may have a long wait in front of us before it sees the light of day. And as a lifelong GN’R fan, I’m used to waiting. Oh my, I am. 
But believing they’ll never release anything defies any logic in my view. Even as far as Axl’s voice goes, he still can nail it in the studio, apparently. What he will sing live is up to him. 

Again, the thing is, we’re here every day, discussing this crap round and round, so it feels like an eternity. But time doesn’t work the same way for the Gunners. There’s no rush, and with the lockdowns... we need to understand these people aren’t just some music robots. They have families, perhaps some hobbies outside music. So I guess right now, Axl is polishing some sound, while Slash is composing songs for his new solo (and Merchnando working on new toy trucks). They’re waiting it out, enjoying their NITL money. We’re here, pissed off that we don’t hear anything new, while they’re in contact with this new music on a daily basis. The perspective is different, and that’s the key...

55 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Sorry, but you've been a fan for like what? 4 years now? I think people who have been following this ride for decades might know better