The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

58 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando just said "don't be worried" about the prospect of new music this year.

What does that mean?   Is he worried I'm stressing out over the issue? :lol:  Or?  Yeah, a little more info please.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando just said "don't be worried" about the prospect of new music this year.

It's the same guy who said "within the next six months" in 2019! Don't believe that troll! 😅

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, cineater said:

What does that mean?   Is he worried I'm stressing out over the issue? :lol:  Or?  Yeah, a little more info please.

It means don’t be worried over nothing, because there will be no new music this year. So save your worry for things in life that actually matter, like you 👍

• Like 4
1 minute ago, DownUnderScott said:

It means don’t be worried over nothing, because there will be no new music this year. So save your worry for things in life that actually matter, like you 👍

You guys are mean.  I will always believe the band wants to put out music just shit happens, a lot. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I am not worried about new music this year the same way I am not worried about Ted Nugent making a political statement that isn't batshit crazy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando can sleep easy tonight knowing that I expect literally nothing from GN'R except a big shit sandwich :lol:

Just joking, would love to hear new music with Axl singing, but I have absolutely no expectations of ever seeing such an announcement. My guess is we won't see an official release of any kind until at least 2025, probably even later :shrugs: Wish that weren't the case, but it is

• Like 2
2 hours ago, downliner said:

Fernando can sleep easy tonight knowing that I expect literally nothing from GN'R except a big shit sandwich :lol:

Just joking, would love to hear new music with Axl singing, but I have absolutely no expectations of ever seeing such an announcement. My guess is we won't see an official release of any kind until at least 2025, probably even later :shrugs: Wish that weren't the case, but it is

Do you think this combo will stay together until 2025 without new music? :shrugs:

24 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Do you think this combo will stay together until 2025 without new music? :shrugs:

Easy! 1 album in 27 years suggests there ain't much hope. The reunion happened 5 years ago and there hasn't been so much as a single new recording released. This is purely a nostalgia act. And if the NITL videos are anything to judge by, not even a particularly good one. That said I had a great night watching them in MSG in 2017! But the lack or product is ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

You got the minutes of a management meeting with the band ?

3 minutes ago, Euchre said:

You got the minutes of a management meeting with the band ?

He was posting on Reddit.

Hopefully something happens this year, with or without touring. Get a new record out, gents.

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

He was posting on Reddit.

Hopefully something happens this year, with or without touring. Get a new record out, gents.

Yeah I was joking. ie implying that it was a message to the band, not the fans, you know "Axl, Slash, Duff, don't worry about an album this year".....

Just now, Euchre said:

Yeah I was joking. ie implying that it was a message to the band, not the fans, you know "Axl, Slash, Duff, don't worry about an album this year".....

Ha, apologies - obviously went over my pointy head. I should have woken up by now :lol:

• Haha 1

I think there’s enough evidence out there they were writing and recording new music with the hopes of releasing a new album and touring behind it.

Then the pandemic hit and nobody is able to tour.

Plenty of bands since the pandemic hit have straight up said they do not want to release new material and not be able to go out on tour to support it.

Vaccines are finally being produced and distributed (my Dad, a senior, and my cousin, a first year resident, received theirs already.) It is not unreasonable to think bands will be able to start touring 4th quarter and release new music, including Guns.

Leave it at that.

Edited by ferma
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ferma said:

I think there’s enough evidence out there they were writing and recording new music with the hopes of releasing a new album and touring behind it.

Plenty of bands since the pandemic hit have straight up said they do not want to release new material and not be able to go out on tour to support it.

Vaccines are finally being produced and distributed (my Dad, a senior, and my cousin, a first year resident, received theirs already.) It is not unreasonable to think bands will be able to start touring 4th quarter and release new music, including Guns.

Leave it at that.

Which bands have said they don't want to release new material if they can't tour? Off the top of my head I can't think of one. All I can think of are bands that have.

So....when the tour picks up (probably on November) a new album will appear? Clocks ticking then. Because if it doesn't.....well, what will the excuse be then? 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

There will never be another Guns N' Roses record again. Just like there will never be another Aerosmith, KISS, Motley Crue, Queen, Fleetwood Mac,etc record again

Old, legacy bands who seek to just sell tickets until they retire or die

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

There will never be another Guns N' Roses record again. Just like there will never be another Aerosmith, KISS, Motley Crue, Queen, Fleetwood Mac,etc record again

Old, legacy bands who seek to just sell tickets until they retire or die

I could see Kiss and Motley Crue doing another album. I wouldn't rule out Aerosmith, or even Queen to be honest. 

I guess the big difference though is that none of these acts suggest they are doing one, and all have extensive back catalogues. Plus Aerosmith and Kiss are retiring! (Well, as far as 'retiring' goes with these sorts of bands!) 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Which bands have said they don't want to release new material if they can't tour? Off the top of my head I can't think of one. All I can think of are bands that have.

So....when the tour picks up (probably on November) a new album will appear? Clocks ticking then. Because if it doesn't.....well, what will the excuse be then? 

Yeah but these days it's hard to work out how to release something... They all want it... But it's a case of sitting down and working out the best way of looking at what they have... 

32 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Yeah but these days it's hard to work out how to release something... They all want it... But it's a case of sitting down and working out the best way of looking at what they have... 

And we do know they've been conferring on this, throwing ideas around and looking very seriously at what can be done in this regard... :lol:

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, ferma said:

Leave it at that.

Ahh fernando, I wondered when you'd slither back in here to chat crap!

• Haha 1