The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 2/12/2021 at 12:07 AM, fowlerisgod said:

Id love to meet Axl...sit him down and ask him how he feels about completely pissing away his talent..the logic behind releasing one album in 30 years...why he is sitting on completed songs for 20 years and not releasing them..what he does on a day to day basis..is he not embarrassed when he sees his peers releasing album after album..building up a legacy...why the fuck can he not stay in shape...the dude is hitting 60...the end is approaching..what the fuck is he waiting for?

I guarantee he wishes he had 10 albums out. I also guarantee he'd rather having 1 album out than 10 mediocre ones. 

As for the rest of your questions, fair enough and I'd love to hear the responses. I don't think many of us here would have the cajones to ask about his weight though, or phrasing a question like "why have you wasted your career" 🤣

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Robin made the nin shows exciting and he is a big part of the experience that Trent tries to present. You can still be an important part of the puzzle even if your contribution is only for live shows mostly.

it's a shame he doesn't release his own music cause he is clearly a talented composer with a very unique style.

Robin was great and its another shame of the lost potential he had.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

My opinion is that they were b grade musicians, deal with it

It's obviously ludicrous to say the likes of Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Richard Fortus aren't good guitar players, and does make you seem a bit ridiculous to claim that as well as, sadly, really rather ignorant.

A bit sad to say musicians aren't good players if they aren't household names really. So much of my music collection is made up of insanely talented people who barely go noticed. 

Your loss though. I hear Justin Bieber is rather popular. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

Robin made the nin shows exciting and he is a big part of the experience that Trent tries to present. You can still be an important part of the puzzle even if your contribution is only for live shows mostly.

it's a shame he doesn't release his own music cause he is clearly a talented composer with a very unique style.

There's probably a distinction to be made though between being an exceptional player, as he clearly is, and being a great songwriter? Perhaps that's the reason. Has he done nothing on his own? No soundtracks or anything? 

NIN shows are incredible. You don't see many bands put the time, dedication and energy into a live show that they do. 

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's probably a distinction to be made though between being an exceptional player, as he clearly is, and being a great songwriter? Perhaps that's the reason. Has he done nothing on his own? No soundtracks or anything? 

NIN shows are incredible. You don't see many bands put the time, dedication and energy into a live show that they do. 

Robin did some work on the Ghost Of Mars soundtrack (played on Love Siege, Fight Train, Power Station, and Ghost Poppin') he also played on Cee Lo Green's record "The Lady Killer" on "The Lady Killer Theme outro". Did some work on Gary Numan's record "Splinter" and worked on videogame soundtracks. Played on NIN'S "The Slip" as well.

but you know, I don't consider him to be a great player technically speaking. He is sloppy, especially his lead playing. But where he shines is the emotion he puts in every note and his imagination imo.

He said he was working on a solo album. That was almost 7 years ago. Worse than Axl. They are soulmates. No one doesn't release music like Axl n' Robin.

Edited by Rovim
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Robin did some work on the Ghost Of Mars soundtrack (played on Love Siege, Fight Train, Power Station, and Ghost Poppin') he also played on Cee Lo Green's record "The Lady Killer" on "The Lady Killer Theme outro". Did some work on Gary Numan's record "Splinter" and worked on videogame soundtracks. Played on NIN'S "The Slip" as well.

but you know, I don't consider him to be a great player technically speaking. He is sloppy, especially his lead playing. But where he shines is the emotion he puts in every note and his imagination imo.

He said he was working on a solo album. That was almost 7 years ago. Worse than Axl. They are soulmates. No one doesn't release music like Axl n' Robin.

What's that notorious clip of him playing with GNR? The one where he's spinning around all over the place? He takes the solo all over the place...as you say, it brings out something unique in the song. 

I can't for the life of me remember what the clip is though! 

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Fight Train is great, the whole soundtrack is way cool. Still haven't seen the movie though :D

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What's that notorious clip of him playing with GNR? The one where he's spinning around all over the place? He takes the solo all over the place...as you say, it brings out something unique in the song. 

I can't for the life of me remember what the clip is though! 

not sure which one you are talking about specifically but yeah he was wild. I loved this thing he did with his legs where he was kicking at all directions while playing and of course when he wore a helmet and pink boots and fell, rolled a lil' bit, got up and kept playing.

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

not sure which one you are talking about specifically but yeah he was wild. I loved this thing he did with his legs where he was kicking at all directions while playing and of course when he wore a helmet and pink boots and fell, rolled a lil' bit, got up and kept playing.

I think that's the one! Great stuff! 

• GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

If Bucket is a b-grade musician can someone please recommend to me some a-grade guitarists, as they must be incredible.

How many pages of nonsense do we think this thread will hit before new music is actually released?! 😂

I would say around 600-650

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

If Bucket is a b-grade musician can someone please recommend to me some a-grade guitarists, as they must be incredible.

How many pages of nonsense do we think this thread will hit before new music is actually released?! 😂

At the rate we churn out nonsense? Could get very very high indeed! 

I still think it might, tragically, take the death of band members for anything to come out. Sounds awful to say that though. 

• Like 1

Eventually there will be so many pages of nonsensical dribble like this that smaller threads full of nonsense will start orbiting around this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I woukd never consider Buckethead as a b grade guy only bc my musician friends have said that he is technically first class all the way and probably the most technically gifted guitarist the GNR brand has ever employed. 

however, in my opinion if it sounds good, it is good. and I've tried so hard to get into Buckets music, but I find 99 percent of it to suck ass.  it's like the guy would rather find a thousand ways to jerk off, rather than get to to fucking. 

I'd rather eat the nasty KFC chicken out of his bucket hat POST SHOW, than to pay 99 cents for one of his songs. 

I think talent and sounding good don't always go hand in hand.  For instance the guitars on AFD aren't technically the most complex music ever written- but it sure sounds good- and I'd bet it's a big part of the reason why 99 percent of us found their way on to this board at some point in their lives. 

I haven't wandered onto a bucket head message board yet.  don't think I ever will. doesn't mean he isn't a technically great talent though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chester 524 said:

I woukd never consider Buckethead as a b grade guy only bc my musician friends have said that he is technically first class all the way and probably the most technically gifted guitarist the GNR brand has ever employed. 

however, in my opinion if it sounds good, it is good. and I've tried so hard to get into Buckets music, but I find 99 percent of it to suck ass.  it's like the guy would rather find a thousand ways to jerk off, rather than get to to fucking. 

I'd rather eat the nasty KFC chicken out of his bucket hat POST SHOW, than to pay 99 cents for one of his songs. 

I think talent and sounding good don't always go hand in hand.  For instance the guitars on AFD aren't technically the most complex music ever written- but it sure sounds good- and I'd bet it's a big part of the reason why 99 percent of us found their way on to this board at some point in their lives. 

I haven't wandered onto a bucket head message board yet.  don't think I ever will. doesn't mean he isn't a technically great talent though. 

Yeah exactly. That's a 'personal taste ' thing. From what I've heard of Buckethead's stuff I can't say I'm hugely into it either......but it would be ludicrous to claim he wasn't a fantasticly talented player. 

Would be a laugh though going on a Buckethead forum and suggesting he wasn't much good as a player! See how it goes down! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

This post reminded me of when I was at uni - we all went into a biker bar, queued up Aqua's "Barbie Girl" about 10 times on the jukebox, sipped our beers quickly then left.

Must have been the Blue Oyster bar.

• Haha 3

This post reminded me of when I was at uni - we all went into a biker bar, queued up Aqua's "Barbie Girl" about 10 times on the jukebox, sipped our beers quickly then left.

Ha! I did exactly the same once at a bar in Ireland, where the people were dicks. We put 'Becauae We Want To' by Billie on about ten times then quickly left! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Will this thread get to 500 pages before Susan mentions new music again?

The way this year is going, it’s quite probable I’d say. Here we are at the halfway point of February, the year 2021 is officially 1/8 over, yet it’s business as usual at the GNR camp. 

Many of of us, myself included, were stoked when GNR reemerged with Slash and Duff. We had optimism that things would be different, there would have to be responsible and meaningful communication with the fans and furthermore, the band would be productive…

6 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

The way this year is going, it’s quite probable I’d say. Here we are at the halfway point of February, the year 2021 is officially 1/8 over, yet it’s business as usual at the GNR camp. 

Many of of us, myself included, were stoked when GNR reemerged with Slash and Duff. We had optimism that things would be different, there would have to be responsible and meaningful communication with the fans and furthermore, the band would be productive…

They sould out, in the worst possible way. It is what it is now. It's tragic.

• Like 1