The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

On 2/6/2021 at 4:17 AM, downliner said:

Fernando can sleep easy tonight knowing that I expect literally nothing from GN'R except a big shit sandwich :lol:

Just joking, would love to hear new music with Axl singing, but I have absolutely no expectations of ever seeing such an announcement. My guess is we won't see an official release of any kind until at least 2025, probably even later :shrugs: Wish that weren't the case, but it is

2025?...really? ..based on what logic?...or did you just pull that year out of your arse...nobody knows anything..

Edited by fowlerisgod
  • Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

2025?...really? ..based on what logic?...or did you just pull that year out of your arse...nobody knows anything..

Just my opinion. They don't have a track record of releasing music lately. I wish they would.

6 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

Id love to meet Axl...sit him down and ask him how he feels about completely pissing away his talent..the logic behind releasing one album in 30 years...why he is sitting on completed songs for 20 years and not releasing them..what he does on a day to day basis..is he not embarrassed when he sees his peers releasing album after album..building up a legacy...why the fuck can he not stay in shape...the dude is hitting 60...the end is approaching..what the fuck is he waiting for?

I don't think Axl's intention was to only release 1 album in 30 years. He talked about what he wanted to do and it was a lot more compared to what we got. In the end I believe the consequences of his hard headed approach and perfectionism to relaunching Gn'R, the popularity of the classic lineup, and the influence and agendas of some of the people he worked with have all contributed to the failure of new Guns.

and maybe at some point he just said "fuck it" after reconnecting with Duff cause he was smart enough to see he ran out of do-overs and the only way to move forward successfully was to reunite with Slash. Everytime someone quit the band, it had lost the momentum it had and some of it's identity.

I think Axl makes a distinction between touring and studio albums and the reason he hoards completed material is cause the quality of the records and the legacy of the band still means a lot to him (just a guess)

Edited by Rovim
9 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

Id love to meet Axl...sit him down and ask him how he feels about completely pissing away his talent

I'm actually wondering about that. For a long time I thought GnR's story was one of wasted potential. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe the potential was exhausted with UYI. I remember reading that UYI was a double album because the band needed to get a lot of songs, including older ones, out of their collective system, and start afresh after that. But it seems the system ran on empty after that.

Edited by Chuzeville
5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I don't think Axl's intention was to only release 1 album in 30 years. He talked about what he wanted to do and it was a lot more compared to what we got. In the end I believe the consequences of his hard headed approach and perfectionism to relaunching Gn'R, the popularity of the classic lineup, and the influence and agendas of some of the people he worked with have all contributed to the failure of new Guns.

and maybe at some point he just said "fuck it" after reconnecting with Duff cause he was smart enough to see he ran out of do-overs and the only way to move forward successfully was to reunite with Slash. Everytime someone quit the band, it had lost the momentum it had and some of it's identity.

I think Axl makes a distinction between touring and studio albums and the reason he hoards completed material is cause the quality of the records and the legacy of the band still means a lot to him (just a guess)

It's always someone else's fault...how do other artists manage to release material?.

An awful lot of people make money put of Axl when he tours.

No-one makes money when he's sat at home writing/recording. 

A few people make money out of him if he releases music. 

When you think about this, the pressure to just tour endlessly must be pretty strong. The other side of that though is there are things (live albums etc) that could be done alongside that with very little effort and some financial return. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fowlerisgod said:

It's always someone else's fault...how do other artists manage to release material?.

I look at it more as a case by case basis. I have no reason to excuse Axl's actions. Tommy said that the main reason he joined new Gn'R was because he liked that Axl decided to continue to use the Gn'R name even though he was the only classic member left in the band and that no one else tried it quite like this before.

I think there are certain elements in the story of Gn'R that allowed it to happen the way it did including the kind of person Axl seems to be. To me it's more than just he's lazy, greedy, or he doesn't give a fuck. I don't buy it.

I also think no one tells Axl what to do. Especially not the people he employs.

Edited by Rovim
5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I look at it more as a case by case basis. I have no reason to excuse Axl's actions. Tommy said that the main reason he joined new Gn'R was because he liked that Axl decided to continue to use the Gn'R name even though he was the only classic member left in the band and that no one else tried it quite like this before.

I think there are certain elements in the story of Gn'R that allowed it to happened the way it did including the kind of person Axl seems to be. To me it's more than just he's lazy, greedy, or he doesn't give a fuck. I don't buy it.

In regards to that last part. Anyone that tried to get Axl to record and release stuff was fired. Same if they told him something that was totally true and he didnt like it.

His surrounded by Yes men now. 

8 minutes ago, vloors said:

In regards to that last part. Anyone that tried to get Axl to record and release stuff was fired. Same if they told him something that was totally true and he didnt like it.

His surrounded by Yes men now. 

maybe Axl chose to surround himself with people he trusts. He tried the other way of hiring pros and that didn't go very well and like you say, what good can come out of people that can potentially give him great advice if he prefers to decide what to do himself?

I think he likes to make the big decisions based on what he feels is right for Gn'R and also let people inside the Gn'R circle make the smaller decisions so he can be free from hearing about every single little detail.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder how much Tommy would sell unreleased CD era songs for, in a private transaction. ;)

When touring (hopefully) starts up again in November, if we still haven't heard some concrete news regarding the new album, someone like Tommy needs to do the right thing and leak CD2 to the fans. :axl:

#TheNextChapter

Maybe Axl had moment of clarity and realized that the problem might be him after so many nuguns people quit. Its almost the same as the original guys quitting only not as many people cared. Or Axl read Duff's book How to be a Man.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

When touring (hopefully) starts up again in November, if we still haven't heard some concrete news regarding the new album, someone like Tommy needs to do the right thing and leak CD2 to the fans. :axl:

#TheNextChapter

I'm sure him and Chris Pitman have quite a bit of very, very cool material.

• Like 1

Is it likely Tommy or Pitman would  have access to anything? I'd be surprised if they did.

I'd love it to happen obviously- but they would be basically spending the rest of their lives in legal battles! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Somebody needs to befriend these people and steal their computers :lol: :headbang:

I think that steal to Pitman or Tommy is easy, case both are always drunk.....:D

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think there are certain elements in the story of Gn'R that allowed it to happen the way it did including the kind of person Axl seems to be. To me it's more than just he's lazy, greedy, or he doesn't give a fuck. I don't buy it.

Id guess that the main reason Tommy joined was money. I doubt ‘the replacements’ was gonna see him into retirement financially .   Same goes for most of the b grade musicians he’s had in gnr over the years

• Like 1
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Is it likely Tommy or Pitman would  have access to anything? I'd be surprised if they did.

I'd love it to happen obviously- but they would be basically spending the rest of their lives in legal battles! 

I think Axl wanted Pitman mainly for his abilities in the studio. I'm sure most active members had access to things.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Id guess that the main reason Tommy joined was money. I doubt ‘the replacements’ was gonna see him into retirement financially .   Same goes for most of the b grade musicians he’s had in gnr over the years

B grade musicians? the 2002 lineup was comprised of some of the best musicians in the world. I have no idea what you're talking about.

but sure, it's also a job and the money was good but I believe Tommy genuinely liked the idea of attempting to pull off something that was such a challenge. I think it appealed to his punk attitude.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

B grade musicians? the 2002 lineup was comprised of some of the best musicians in the world. I have no idea what you're talking about.

but sure, it's also a job and the money was good but I believe Tommy genuinely liked the idea of attempting to pull off something that was such a challenge. I think it appealed to his punk attitude.

Yeah there's no way any of them were B grade musicians. You can say what you like about them as an opinion but to call them not adequate as musicians simply isn't true. They were all exceptional. 

• GNFNR 1