The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have seen no evidence of  a new album, when Slash talks about writing music for Alt bridge he sounds really excited and then he adds a line on the end saying...'I HAVE to do something for GNR' with no enthusiasm whatsoeverr.  Says it all really.

Hopefully, Wee Ricky Fortus will do an interview soon and put your mind at ease by confirming that a new album is imminent! Only for it never to arrive but for him to continue rolling this nonsense out annually!

It is a sad state of affairs this. It really is. Nearly the same length of gap between TSI and ChiDem, as ChiDem to now.

Slash doing SMKC isn’t a surprise - he has said all along it would be the case he would be doing both. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Obviously it’s frustrating to see actual activity here when GNR stuff is all ‘cloak and dagger’.

Fortunately with the First 50 Gigs, possibilities of more live leaks and a multitude of other bands doing stuff.....I can afford to just wait. I still think we will get something but I’ve just put it to the back of my mind.....otherwise it’s a bloody frustrating time ahead for the foreseeable future!

Just leaving this here so when the forum   inevitably  crashes from a new single, I can say I believed all along we'd get a new album. If Gn'R were done with their album contract that information would have leaked by now. Also I doubt he wants to go out with Chi Dem. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty confident a new GN'R album has been (or is in the process of being) recorded. We have ample evidence of that being so.

The problem is that GN'R always seems to get stuck on the mixing and other post-production aspects, which is probably where they are at with the new album.

I'm not entirely sure if we will hear an album this year, but i do think a single is possible to coincide with the November tours and to sustain interest among the international audience.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

16 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

I have seen no evidence of  a new album, when Slash talks about writing music for Alt bridge he sounds really excited and then he adds a line on the end saying...'I HAVE to do something for GNR' with no enthusiasm whatsoeverr.  Says it all really.

Only thing is, that Slash isn’t in Alter Bridge, and doesn’t write music for them... :wacko: :lol:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Just leaving this here so when the forum   inevitably  crashes from a new single, I can say I believed all along we'd get a new album. If Gn'R were done with their album contract that information would have leaked by now. Also I doubt he wants to go out with Chi Dem. 

Aye alright Nostradamous! ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Give us a date on that happening, so that other people can say they 'belived all along' there wouldn't be one? 

Seems only fair! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Give us a date on that happening, so that other people can say they 'believed all along' there wouldn't be one? 

Seems only fair! 

This seems like a fun game.  I'll do my best to estimate based on how things played out with Chinese Democracy.

I believe we got a new batch of "leaks" in preparation for the summer 2006 tour.  Then two years later we got the full album.  If that's the case, Fall 2022.  UNLESS the two year countdown starts the first time they songs are played in concert, which hasn't happened yet.  Fall 2023 then.

BUT, if the Hard School and others link is like the live versions from Rock In Rio - then we're about seven years out, so Fall 2026.

I'm being super serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

This seems like a fun game.  I'll do my best to estimate based on how things played out with Chinese Democracy.

I believe we got a new batch of "leaks" in preparation for the summer 2006 tour.  Then two years later we got the full album.  If that's the case, Fall 2022.  UNLESS the two year countdown starts the first time they songs are played in concert, which hasn't happened yet.  Fall 2023 then.

BUT, if the Hard School and others link is like the live versions from Rock In Rio - then we're about seven years out, so Fall 2026.

I'm being super serious.

I'd think longer than that myself. I don't think anything has been really worked on properly at all, so my guess would be around 2030 (if they do actually plan on making an album) and possibly nothing until bandmembers die and we get a 'clearing the vaults' release. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Great, you're marked down as believing we might get a new album someday.... 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

There were/are people willing to bet money that it won't happen. I'd like to bet them unless it's against forum rules. 

For what it's worth, under one of Meegan's post regarding a new Slash album I wrote, "Yeah. While the new GNR album will be made... never". To which she replied "Never say never". :shrugs:;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

For what it's worth, under one of Meegan's post regarding a new Slash album I wrote, "Yeah. While the new GNR album will be made... never". To which she replied "Never say never". :shrugs:;)

Well, in the world of GN'R we can consider this an update! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

🤣

• Haha 1