Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

If Bucket is a b-grade musician can someone please recommend to me some a-grade guitarists, as they must be incredible.

How many pages of nonsense do we think this thread will hit before new music is actually released?! 😂

I would say around 600-650

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

If Bucket is a b-grade musician can someone please recommend to me some a-grade guitarists, as they must be incredible.

How many pages of nonsense do we think this thread will hit before new music is actually released?! 😂

At the rate we churn out nonsense? Could get very very high indeed! 

I still think it might, tragically, take the death of band members for anything to come out. Sounds awful to say that though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

If Bucket is a b-grade musician can someone please recommend to me some a-grade guitarists, as they must be incredible.

How many pages of nonsense do we think this thread will hit before new music is actually released?! 😂

Eventually there will be so many pages of nonsensical dribble like this that smaller threads full of nonsense will start orbiting around this one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

If Bucket is a b-grade musician can someone please recommend to me some a-grade guitarists, as they must be incredible.

How many pages of nonsense do we think this thread will hit before new music is actually released?! 😂

I woukd never consider Buckethead as a b grade guy only bc my musician friends have said that he is technically first class all the way and probably the most technically gifted guitarist the GNR brand has ever employed. 

however, in my opinion if it sounds good, it is good. and I've tried so hard to get into Buckets music, but I find 99 percent of it to suck ass.  it's like the guy would rather find a thousand ways to jerk off, rather than get to to fucking. 

I'd rather eat the nasty KFC chicken out of his bucket hat POST SHOW, than to pay 99 cents for one of his songs. 

I think talent and sounding good don't always go hand in hand.  For instance the guitars on AFD aren't technically the most complex music ever written- but it sure sounds good- and I'd bet it's a big part of the reason why 99 percent of us found their way on to this board at some point in their lives. 

I haven't wandered onto a bucket head message board yet.  don't think I ever will. doesn't mean he isn't a technically great talent though. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chester 524 said:

I woukd never consider Buckethead as a b grade guy only bc my musician friends have said that he is technically first class all the way and probably the most technically gifted guitarist the GNR brand has ever employed. 

however, in my opinion if it sounds good, it is good. and I've tried so hard to get into Buckets music, but I find 99 percent of it to suck ass.  it's like the guy would rather find a thousand ways to jerk off, rather than get to to fucking. 

I'd rather eat the nasty KFC chicken out of his bucket hat POST SHOW, than to pay 99 cents for one of his songs. 

I think talent and sounding good don't always go hand in hand.  For instance the guitars on AFD aren't technically the most complex music ever written- but it sure sounds good- and I'd bet it's a big part of the reason why 99 percent of us found their way on to this board at some point in their lives. 

I haven't wandered onto a bucket head message board yet.  don't think I ever will. doesn't mean he isn't a technically great talent though. 

Yeah exactly. That's a 'personal taste ' thing. From what I've heard of Buckethead's stuff I can't say I'm hugely into it either......but it would be ludicrous to claim he wasn't a fantasticly talented player. 

Would be a laugh though going on a Buckethead forum and suggesting he wasn't much good as a player! See how it goes down! 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

This post reminded me of when I was at uni - we all went into a biker bar, queued up Aqua's "Barbie Girl" about 10 times on the jukebox, sipped our beers quickly then left.

Must have been the Blue Oyster bar.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

This post reminded me of when I was at uni - we all went into a biker bar, queued up Aqua's "Barbie Girl" about 10 times on the jukebox, sipped our beers quickly then left.

Ha! I did exactly the same once at a bar in Ireland, where the people were dicks. We put 'Becauae We Want To' by Billie on about ten times then quickly left! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Will this thread get to 500 pages before Susan mentions new music again?

The way this year is going, it’s quite probable I’d say. Here we are at the halfway point of February, the year 2021 is officially 1/8 over, yet it’s business as usual at the GNR camp. 
 

Many of of us, myself included, were stoked when GNR reemerged with Slash and Duff. We had optimism that things would be different, there would have to be responsible and meaningful communication with the fans and furthermore, the band would be productive…

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

The way this year is going, it’s quite probable I’d say. Here we are at the halfway point of February, the year 2021 is officially 1/8 over, yet it’s business as usual at the GNR camp. 
 

Many of of us, myself included, were stoked when GNR reemerged with Slash and Duff. We had optimism that things would be different, there would have to be responsible and meaningful communication with the fans and furthermore, the band would be productive…

They sould out, in the worst possible way. It is what it is now. It's tragic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

They sould out, in the worst possible way. It is what it is now. It's tragic.

I wholeheartedly believe that they made valiant attempts to engage Axl on these matters only to be met with the type of pushback that can be soul crushing.
 

I can only imagine “that look” Axl gave them when they were most vocal about recording, laying down tracks or what have you. Coming to the realization that Axl is willing to throw everything away again if things don’t go the way he is intending them to. On his own terms. GNR is undoubtably ruled as a dictatorship. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A likely scenario: Slash layed down guitar tracks for whatever material they have.

Axl couldn't get out of his way, told Slash to do this and rerecord that again and again.

At one point Slash put his foot down and said "Nope, that's it, that's my contribution. Do whatever with it, I'm gonna do SMKC now. See ya."

Axl sits in his home studio and can't/ won't make a move with what he's got.

Nothing happens.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the moment passed for GNR now? The expectation level would be huge and it possibly isn't worth it? It is almost 30 years since the Illusions came out and in that time, Axl has managed to release 1 full album of original material... which was not particularly well received and, in my opinion of course, only has a few good songs on it. He's getting on now, his singing style is pretty demanding at best, his performances have diminished considerably, and he's minted... why bother? Personally, I don't see GNR releasing an album again and think this is just a nostalgia act now. There's little evidence to the contrary really. It's not like the band is on fire... the NITL videos really hit home just what it has become.

Hopefully there will be an anniversary release for the Illusions this year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Has the moment passed for GNR now? The expectation level would be huge and it possibly isn't worth it? It is almost 30 years since the Illusions came out and in that time, Axl has managed to release 1 full album of original material... which was not particularly well received and, in my opinion of course, only has a few good songs on it. He's getting on now, his singing style is pretty demanding at best, his performances have diminished considerably, and he's minted... why bother? Personally, I don't see GNR releasing an album again and think this is just a nostalgia act now. There's little evidence to the contrary really. It's not like the band is on fire... the NITL videos really hit home just what it has become.

Hopefully there will be an anniversary release for the Illusions this year. 

Yeah, I don't see it happening ever to be honest. I've made peace with it. Will always love the catalogue they have, but won't bother going to see them live anymore, as they sound dreadful and uninspired. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...