The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Give us a date on that happening, so that other people can say they 'believed all along' there wouldn't be one? 

Seems only fair! 

This seems like a fun game.  I'll do my best to estimate based on how things played out with Chinese Democracy.

I believe we got a new batch of "leaks" in preparation for the summer 2006 tour.  Then two years later we got the full album.  If that's the case, Fall 2022.  UNLESS the two year countdown starts the first time they songs are played in concert, which hasn't happened yet.  Fall 2023 then.

BUT, if the Hard School and others link is like the live versions from Rock In Rio - then we're about seven years out, so Fall 2026.

I'm being super serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

This seems like a fun game.  I'll do my best to estimate based on how things played out with Chinese Democracy.

I believe we got a new batch of "leaks" in preparation for the summer 2006 tour.  Then two years later we got the full album.  If that's the case, Fall 2022.  UNLESS the two year countdown starts the first time they songs are played in concert, which hasn't happened yet.  Fall 2023 then.

BUT, if the Hard School and others link is like the live versions from Rock In Rio - then we're about seven years out, so Fall 2026.

I'm being super serious.

I'd think longer than that myself. I don't think anything has been really worked on properly at all, so my guess would be around 2030 (if they do actually plan on making an album) and possibly nothing until bandmembers die and we get a 'clearing the vaults' release. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Just leaving this here so when the forum   inevitably  crashes from a new single, I can say I believed all along we'd get a new album. If Gn'R were done with their album contract that information would have leaked by now. Also I doubt he wants to go out with Chi Dem. 

Great, you're marked down as believing we might get a new album someday.... 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Great, you're marked down as believing we might get a new album someday.... 

There were/are people willing to bet money that it won't happen. I'd like to bet them unless it's against forum rules. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

No rule against looking insane! :lol:

If a mod wants to punish someone for not breaking the rules, they select an unfitting reason such as "spamming" then proceed.

5 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Only thing is, that Slash isn’t in Alter Bridge, and doesn’t write music for them... :wacko: :lol:

Yet he looked like he was having the best fun :D 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

There were/are people willing to bet money that it won't happen. I'd like to bet them unless it's against forum rules. 

For what it's worth, under one of Meegan's post regarding a new Slash album I wrote, "Yeah. While the new GNR album will be made... never". To which she replied "Never say never". :shrugs:;)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

For what it's worth, under one of Meegan's post regarding a new Slash album I wrote, "Yeah. While the new GNR album will be made... never". To which she replied "Never say never". :shrugs:;)

Well, in the world of GN'R we can consider this an update! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

🤣

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Dean said:

I think she is alluding to the fact that they are indeed recording Never Say Never Again as they look to cover a James Bond theme song every 30 years.

I’d take it. 🤣

• Haha 1

I definitely believe Axl wants to release a new album but I don't know how close they are to a finished product so it could be that there's a plan to release one when it's done and pick a way to sell and promote it but maybe those things are still tbd.

6 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Never Say Never would actually be a pretty apt album title, coming off the back of the Not In This Lifetime tour.

Make it happen Axl :axl:

It would, though Never Say Never Again would be much more superior I'd say. I've always loved that title ahead of the other classics:

The Spy who ate Kebabs

Thunderbaw

Dr. Naw

Axl didn't give a release date, nothing has changed for the better or worse since 2016. There's not enough information to read into imo. Slash seemed optimistic, but it seems that Axl sets the pace of it just like it was in new Guns.

Edited by Rovim