The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. So much this.

So many of us just want GN'R to live up to their massive potential as opposed to the mediocre pile of garage they have been for so long. 

I'd argue that holding an artist to a higher standard makes you a much bigger fan than someone who settles for and tries to justify an insanely sub-par track record. 

We want them to be better because we actually care.

• Like 1

“On this record, the overall theme is the importance of music, and the bands that made us who we are. We just hope [the album] takes people’s minds off their troubles. 

“We’re so fortunate and grateful to be in the position to share a little happiness in our own way. Our gratitude levels are off the chart.

Dropkick murphys' fans will probably delighted to hear stuff like this. (New album dropping soon)

1 hour ago, Dean said:

“Same bat time same bat channel...” would indicate the follow up was a possibility in 09/10. I do recall the comments in the other thread, but off the top of my head, Axl has mentioned more than what was stated about the topic of a new album, whether it be at shows or interviews etc and I’m sure this was around the early 00’s. The follow up was even given the title of P.R.L. in a 2001 interview, though I don’t recall if that was actually a direct quote from Axl himself or if it was given to the interviewer by someone from the camp.

The "P.R.L" title was supposedly mentioned in an article in Portuguese, which is yet to be located. It was never mentioned in an interview.

In 2001 a tentative date for June of that year was given by management (not Axl). Axl talked about new music in the interviews he did at the time of Rock in Rio, and then again (according to people who were there) at the Joint shows at the end of 2001 but didn't give a date. 

Then in 2002 he said what I quoted in the other thread.

• Like 1

There's a comment from 2014 on a 2014 article where Axl is talking about CD2 and the remix album (already mentioned that interview in this thread) that goes:

"So we can expect this to drop sometime around 2021, right?"

Source: 

https://www.stereogum.com/1685104/axl-rose-announces-chinese-democracy-sequel-remix-album/news/

Pretty funny considering they very well may be right! (We can only hope, sadly)

Edited by Sweersa

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The "P.R.L" title was supposedly mentioned in an article in Portuguese, which is yet to be located. It was never mentioned in an interview.

In 2001 a tentative date for June of that year was given by management (not Axl). Axl talked about new music in the interviews he did at the time of Rock in Rio, and then again (according to people who were there) at the Joint shows at the end of 2001 but didn't give a date. 

Then in 2002 he said what I quoted in the other thread.

He had the chance in Argentina to confront the issue directly with the interviewer when she said June 2001, but didn’t and answered the question. He said at varying times also about Chinese being a 3 stage thing, drop a record then a year later drop another and so on, so the music was always a dangling carrot for the fans at that time. Granted, no date specifically was given but his words throughout 2001 and even in 02 would very much point at something dropping in the near future - not 6/7 years down the road. It is what it is at this point. Thanks for all the great research that you do for a4d!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I see it more as some weird 'I'm a bigger fan than you' pissing contest, with a bit of 'maybe if I keep doing this fan-police stuff over and over the band will notice and I'll be given something'. 

Whatever it is though, it's not going to stop people on a forum calling out bullshit and praising good stuff. Absolutely no-one on here wants the band to not be as good as they can be, and most people have sufficient use of their own faculties to acknowledge what is bad and what is good at present. 

I've kept quiet, but I do have to admit you are a bit different on the HTGTH board. I've read your posts on here and there. I didn't want to say anything since I don't want to argue. I have noticed it, though. 

One thing is for certain.  With all of the time people have had on their hands if the pandemic didn’t spark 1-2 records then I doubt we would ever see new music.  I’m sure it’s a lot of pressure.  Not only do you have 2 original members back, but even if you reject it there’s always going to be some sort of “living up to expectations” from one place or another. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I've kept quiet, but I do have to admit you are a bit different on the HTGTH board. I've read your posts on here and there. I didn't want to say anything since I don't want to argue. I have noticed it, though. 

Interesting! I haven't been on there for many months actually, simply because there wasn't much debate or discussion going on. Do you still post there? 

In what way different? No arguments from me, just curious as to what would make you think that? I think I'm pretty much the same! I get tired of the 'anti-Jarmo' routines that tend to pop up on there a lot, but other than that.....I'm the same person! 

Edit: Just had a look put of curiosity! The last debate I got into was back in December, where I had an argument with someone claiming bands make more put of streaming than they do selling albums....which sounds about right for me! 

Edited by allwaystired

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Interesting! I haven't been on there for many months actually, simply because there wasn't much debate or discussion going on. Do you still post there? 

In what way different? No arguments from me, just curious as to what would make you think that? I think I'm pretty much the same! I get tired of the 'anti-Jarmo' routines that tend to pop up on there a lot, but other than that.....I'm the same person! 

Edit: Just had a look put of curiosity! The last debate I got into was back in December, where I had an argument with someone claiming bands make more put of streaming than they do selling albums....which sounds about right for me! 

I still post there. I have followed that message board since 1996. Jarmo and there was another person that had a website, which I followed. I think his name was Jeff. They were the first two that came on the web which I followed.  Jarmo is ok. I think he was sometimes  too strict during the NU-GNR era and since has lightened up quite a  bit.  I do think that there is a bit too much 'anti-Jarmo'.  The guy has had a pretty good website and has lasted since 96. 

My observation is that you are pretty well balance when you debate in the HTGTH board. On here, you do tend to complain a bit more. I'm not sure if it's due to how the two websites are different, but that is an observation that I picked up when reading your post between the two websites. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

I still post there. I have followed that message board since 1996. Jarmo and there was another person that had a website, which I followed. I think his name was Jeff. They were the first two that came on the web which I followed. 

Jeff Boerio.....that is the first one I remember popping up it was certainly pre-Slash leaving and there was some Axl fax or something early on that I remember being talked about on there...

I think I've mentioned a few times on here, the debates today are the same as the debates then, it's just about 5 generations of posters on. I remember having Adler V Sorum debates back then now its Adler v Frank (well actually there aren't many Frank boosters around).

And as far as new music goes.....well that one even went back to the magazines in '89.

But in terms of internet fans, I've seen successive generations get excited, slowly lose enthusiasm, ending up hostile and then disappearing. There just seems to have been another generation pop up each time to replace them !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UYI4 said:

One thing is for certain.  With all of the time people have had on their hands if the pandemic didn’t spark 1-2 records then I doubt we would ever see new music.  I’m sure it’s a lot of pressure.  Not only do you have 2 original members back, but even if you reject it there’s always going to be some sort of “living up to expectations” from one place or another. 

Jeez, it's just music. He's not developing a vaccine where people's lives depend on it. I think Axl takes his art a little bit too seriously

8 hours ago, Draguns said:

On here, you do tend to complain a bit more. I'm not sure if it's due to how the two websites are different,

I think that in a way this has become the norm on here for some people and therefore it gets easier for others to express their disappointment or negativity as well but some get too carried away. Fortunately not everyone on here is like that.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Draguns said:

I still post there. I have followed that message board since 1996. Jarmo and there was another person that had a website, which I followed. I think his name was Jeff. They were the first two that came on the web which I followed.  Jarmo is ok. I think he was sometimes  too strict during the NU-GNR era and since has lightened up quite a  bit.  I do think that there is a bit too much 'anti-Jarmo'.  The guy has had a pretty good website and has lasted since 96. 

My observation is that you are pretty well balance when you debate in the HTGTH board. On here, you do tend to complain a bit more. I'm not sure if it's due to how the two websites are different, but that is an observation that I picked up when reading your post between the two websites. 

I reckon I must have started around 2001 ish. I didn't have the internet in 1996! 

I think I'm exactly the same!  I certainly can't think of one reason why I'd post differently on another forum about the band. My views on things don't change! The big difference though is probably that, like most people, my views on GNR have hardened a lot in the past few years- there was a thread on that a while back here. I was, without a doubt, way more positive about the band during the 'nu-gnr' years, and that was when I was posting most on HTGTH I suppose. I think that's inevitable really. 

As it stands, I think, since the 80s, this is the time I feel most dissapointed in the band. I still think, absolutely, they can turn it round.....but at the moment we're stuck with a band that look knackered and bored and very little else. I think I take a very balanced view of GNR, as do 99.9 per cent of people posting on here, but unfortunately at present the balance is rather tipped in one way. And I'm one of many who wishes it wasn't. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I reckon I must have started around 2001 ish. I didn't have the internet in 1996! 

I think I'm exactly the same!  I certainly can't think of one reason why I'd post differently on another forum about the band. My views on things don't change! The big difference though is probably that, like most people, my views on GNR have hardened a lot in the past few years- there was a thread on that a while back here. I was, without a doubt, way more positive about the band during the 'nu-gnr' years, and that was when I was posting most on HTGTH I suppose. I think that's inevitable really. 

As it stands, I think, since the 80s, this is the time I feel most dissapointed in the band. I still think, absolutely, they can turn it round.....but at the moment we're stuck with a band that look knackered and bored and very little else. I think I take a very balanced view of GNR, as do 99.9 per cent of people posting on here, but unfortunately at present the balance is rather tipped in one way. And I'm one of many who wishes it wasn't. 

There simply isn't anything to be positive about for a good while now. It's all shit, everything! :D From the voice to the merch to the social media to the lack of music to the management to the lack of information to the interviews to the ticket prices to the gnair to the Izzy/Steven situation to the haircut to Slash's playing for the most part to the selects...I could do this all night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

There simply isn't anything to be positive about for a good while now. It's all shit, everything! :D From the voice to the merch to the social media to the lack of music to the management to the lack of information to the interviews to the ticket prices to the gnair to the Izzy/Steven situation to the haircut to Slash's playing for the most part to the selects...I could do this all night.

The irony is too, that people go BERSERK when something good crops up! A 50 second clip of 'Coma' and we're foaming at the mouth. 

People are absolutely desperate to be positive and praise good stuff. We just want more of it! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Jeez, it's just music. He's not developing a vaccine where people's lives depend on it. I think Axl takes his art a little bit too seriously

What kinda argument is that? What if every business was to use this same argument since what they are doing is relatively trivial?

Come on dude, but it isn’t even true that Axl “takes his art a little bit too seriously”… If he took art seriously he would actually create it, he would have a willingness and desire to practice, to be at his best. If he took his art seriously, Axl would be wary of his abominable performances.

The truth of the matter is, he doesn’t take his art seriously at all, he’s not an artist, he’s an authoritarian.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

What kinda argument is that? What if every business was to use this same argument since what they are doing is relatively trivial?

Come on dude, but it isn’t even true that Axl “takes his art a little bit too seriously”… If he took art seriously he would actually create it, he would have a willingness and desire to practice, to be at his best. If he took his art seriously, Axl would be wary of his abominable performances.

The truth of the matter is, he doesn’t take his art seriously at all, he’s not an artist, he’s an authoritarian.

It's a nonsense isn't it.  A perfectionist wouldn't put 'Scraped' anywhere near a B-Side, let along on the album.

'If the World' was utter garbage.  Then he almost admitted it and said it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously and was a joke song making fun of corny James Bond songs.  It was 100% meant to be taken seriously and I believe he wanted it as a Bond theme.

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

The irony is too, that people go BERSERK when something good crops up! A 50 second clip of 'Coma' and we're foaming at the mouth. 

People are absolutely desperate to be positive and praise good stuff. We just want more of it! 

Well we can't just go around pointing out facts though lol. People absolutely do want to be positive about GN'R. It's just that GN'R never gives anything to their fans to be positive about. 

Like you said, people were overwhelmingly positive about that Coma clip. That doesn't stop people from claiming otherwise though. Maybe they think if they just say it enough, it'll become a fact? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

art as in recorded music, not live shows. If he didn't care, why not just release all of it when it was finished the first time in 1999/2000? or the rest of Chinese in 2009-2015?

it does seem like Axl takes Gn'R very seriously. Like it's his legacy when it comes to the albums especially.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

art as in recorded music, not live shows. If he didn't care, why not just release all of it when it was finished the first time in 1999/2000? or the rest of Chinese in 2009-2015?

it does seem like Axl takes Gn'R very seriously. Like it's his legacy when it comes to the albums especially.

Or because the record company rejected the Chinese stuff and he's very insecure. Axl is not a perfectionist at all.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's just that GN'R never gives anything to their fans to be positive about. 

But they do. Just because you can't be positive about anything, doesn't mean others can't be.

Just now, El Guapo said:

Or because the record company rejected the Chinese stuff and he's very insecure. Axl is not a perfectionist at all.

I can imagine there being a lot of insecurity and pressure to come up with something as great as AFD or UYI again, especially now with Slash and Duff back in the band. CD was something he worked on for so long and meant so much to him, and then it got mostly mixed reviews from fans.

25 minutes ago, Pele said:

It's a nonsense isn't it.  A perfectionist wouldn't put 'Scraped' anywhere near a B-Side, let along on the album.

'If the World' was utter garbage.  Then he almost admitted it and said it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously and was a joke song making fun of corny James Bond songs.  It was 100% meant to be taken seriously and I believe he wanted it as a Bond theme.

Scraped is a horror show as released! The intro was not a good way to kick off that song. The backing vocals throughout are borderline dreadful and the lyrics are pure shit! However all that said, I reckon if ya reversed all those points, there would be a decent song there. Guitar solo is cool.

Fuck it, I like If The World! Think it would have been an awesome Bond theme song.