Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, fowlerisgod said:

Eye On You kicks ass.... imagine if we got access to the vault...there is probably loads of great experimental stuff there...but Axl just sits on his ass..refusing to release music..Christ the dude has serious issues...needs a good kick up the hole

I feel like we've more or less heard "The Vault" with the locker CDs. 

Axl, Fortus, Bach, Duff and everyone else can claim that Axl is some prolific genius but none of them can ever prove it. The only thing that they've been able to prove is that Axl was capable of releasing 1 album, making 20 versions of the same songs and having others claim he's some prolific genius. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You posted (again) that Axl never promised new music to GN'R fans which is (still) wrong. So I stated the actual facts again, just like the last time you made that claim. 

The whole "whining" and "broken record" thing is still humorous to me. What is it exactly that GN'R fans have to discuss? Is is the tiny amount of original studio material that GN'R released ages ago? Is is the lead singer who sounds terrible in concert with his own band, but fantastic with other bands? Perhaps it's the exact same setlists we should be positive about? Or maybe it's the over priced, terrible quality merch? 

And if your only answer remains "then why visit this forum?", then you're going to have to come up with something better because the same can be said of you. 

45 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Right, I realize it was responded to in another thread. That's why just saying it in a different thread doesn't make it true. 

Oh, I've already been labeled a hater LOL. I pointed out my 20 year history rooting for GN'R online along with proving that GN'R fans have in fact been told by Axl himself that we'd have a lot more music by now. Somehow not good enough and I'm still a hater. Whatevs lol

 

Yeah, I enjoy it too. I see 'whining' and 'like a broken record' has cropped up again too. They're always good. 

I particularly enjoy things like that when I've only just posted about how much I love 'Eye On You', which a lot of people don't. 

The 'fan police' contingent are rather limited in numbers though really. I have my suspicions that they may be far more limited in numbers than they let on too! 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Huh? What are you talking about? I never said that at all. You're just making stuff up now. Not cool.

I said that Axl has been pretty consistent (EXCEPT FOR A FEW INSTANCES) regarding his talk of releasing new music. BlackStar typed about this in the previous thread. There has only been one time in which Axl has been specific about when to expect new music. And he said that at a party, not even a formal interview. Every other time he has been saying more or less the same things like ''soon is not the word'' or ''sometime in our lifetimes'', etc. Then whose fault is it that people still get their hopes up? At least he's honest.

And there is so much to talk about GnR wise. You should visit the Nirvana forum, the leadsinger has been dead for 27 years and there are active topics all over the place. Just because a band isn't active, or because you're dissapointed, doesn't mean you can only talk about negative stuff. Or you can, but that's pretty lame, if you ask me.

LOL..... "pretty consistent except for a few instances"? At the very most, he's tied for how many times he's claimed more material is on the way and how many times he said nothing is coming. 

The fact remains that the only person who's set expectations for what to expect from GN'R has been Axl and other members of GN'R. The fans didn't just decide one day they they should expect new music, Axl himself said it, then people expected it. 

Also, I couldn't be less concerned with what goes on at other forums. I listed off the many well founded thing that GN'R fans have every right to complain about. If there's so much to talk about that positive, why don't you go ahead and list some? And please make sure that it's not anything that hasn't been discussed to death already when people were being overly positive and you somehow missed it. 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

Eye On You kicks ass.... imagine if we got access to the vault...there is probably loads of great experimental stuff there...but Axl just sits on his ass..refusing to release music..Christ the dude has serious issues...needs a good kick up the hole

Yeah- other stuff in that sort of style really excites me. It would seem a little at odds with the current band.....but just get it released as archive stuff! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I enjoy it too. I see 'whining' and 'like a broken record' has cropped up again too. They're always good. 

I particularly enjoy things like that when I've only just posted about how much I love 'Eye On You', which a lot of people don't. 

The 'fan police' contingent are rather limited in numbers though really. I have my suspicions that they may be far more limited in numbers than they let on too! 

Oh definitely. It's absolutely a vocal minority situation. As for alt accounts, I honestly couldn't guess who's who and quite frankly, I don't care ever since I stepped down from running the board. 

For me, when I see people complain about how "real fans wouldn't complain" or something similar, it's like a "I remember my first beer" situation lol. I'm always thinking "man, I remember when I would justify being treated like crap by GN'R. Those were the days" haha

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL..... "pretty consistent except for a few instances"? At the very most, he's tied for how many times he's claimed more material is on the way and how many times he said nothing is coming. 

The fact remains that the only person who's set expectations for what to expect from GN'R has been Axl and other members of GN'R. The fans didn't just decide one day they they should expect new music, Axl himself said it, then people expected it. 

Also, I couldn't be less concerned with what goes on at other forums. I listed off the many well founded thing that GN'R fans have every right to complain about. If there's so much to talk about that positive, why don't you go ahead and list some? And please make sure that it's not anything that hasn't been discussed to death already when people were being overly positive and you somehow missed it. 

But I'm talking about giving a specific time for when to expect new music. According to BlackStar, and she knows probably more than most, he has only given a specific time once or twice before. You would have a point if Axl had done this over and over and failed each time in delivering new music. But that's not what happened. He has always been pretty consistent with saying he doesn't know WHEN they will release a new record. So if you decide to get your hopes up anyway each time, then that's your problem, pal.

I shouldn't have to explain what you can discuss about, because you can discuss about anything. And I'm not saying fans don't have the right to complain. They can do whatever the fuck they want. I just think it's pathetic whining about the same thing on a daily basis. But whatever. Each to their own.

p.s. can someone tell alwaystired that if he wants to join the conversation he has to unblock me, or else stay out of it.

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh definitely. It's absolutely a vocal minority situation. As for alt accounts, I honestly couldn't guess who's who and quite frankly, I don't care ever since I stepped down from running the board. 

For me, when I see people complain about how "real fans wouldn't complain" or something similar, it's like a "I remember my first beer" situation lol. I'm always thinking "man, I remember when I would justify being treated like crap by GN'R. Those were the days" haha

I see it more as some weird 'I'm a bigger fan than you' pissing contest, with a bit of 'maybe if I keep doing this fan-police stuff over and over the band will notice and I'll be given something'. 

Whatever it is though, it's not going to stop people on a forum calling out bullshit and praising good stuff. Absolutely no-one on here wants the band to not be as good as they can be, and most people have sufficient use of their own faculties to acknowledge what is bad and what is good at present. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allwaystired said:

I see it more as some weird 'I'm a bigger fan than you' pissing contest, with a bit of 'maybe if I keep doing this fan-police stuff over and over the band will notice and I'll be given something'. 

Whatever it is though, it's not going to stop people on a forum calling out bullshit and praising good stuff. Absolutely no-one on here wants the band to not be as good as they can be, and most people have sufficient use of their own faculties to acknowledge what is bad and what is good at present. 

This. So much this.

So many of us just want GN'R to live up to their massive potential as opposed to the mediocre pile of garage they have been for so long. 

I'd argue that holding an artist to a higher standard makes you a much bigger fan than someone who settles for and tries to justify an insanely sub-par track record. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

“Same bat time same bat channel...” would indicate the follow up was a possibility in 09/10. I do recall the comments in the other thread, but off the top of my head, Axl has mentioned more than what was stated about the topic of a new album, whether it be at shows or interviews etc and I’m sure this was around the early 00’s. The follow up was even given the title of P.R.L. in a 2001 interview, though I don’t recall if that was actually a direct quote from Axl himself or if it was given to the interviewer by someone from the camp.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, EvanG said:

 

And there is so much to talk about GnR wise. You should visit the Nirvana forum, the leadsinger has been dead for 27 years and there are active topics all over the place. Just because a band isn't active, or because you're disappointed, doesn't mean you can only talk about negative stuff. Or you can, but that's pretty lame, if you ask me.

That's because nirvana fans know there won't be anything coming from their band and they can dedicate their discussions on the music and whatnot. 

We are five years in on one of the biggest reunions in music and haven't heard one note of new music, while it has been talked about and hinted for years now.

So you can't compare these two in the slightest

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. So much this.

So many of us just want GN'R to live up to their massive potential as opposed to the mediocre pile of garage they have been for so long. 

I'd argue that holding an artist to a higher standard makes you a much bigger fan than someone who settles for and tries to justify an insanely sub-par track record. 

Oh absolutely! Holding something to a higher standard means you have that belief that they are capable of achieving that standard. 

It's also like being a parent I imagine (I'm not one!) - if your kid is doing badly, you're not going to praise it blindly, but probably, get a little pissed off and be disappointed in the hope it will get better! 

 

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. So much this.

So many of us just want GN'R to live up to their massive potential as opposed to the mediocre pile of garage they have been for so long. 

I'd argue that holding an artist to a higher standard makes you a much bigger fan than someone who settles for and tries to justify an insanely sub-par track record. 

Who is justifying that? Don't you think that I want to hear new music? Do you think I am happy that he has released one album with original songs in the last 30 years? No, I am not.

But it is what it is. It's his life, it's his career. If he feels good about it or doesn't want to release a lot of music, then too fucking bad. I wish he did, but so be it. I'm not going to complain about it like a 12 year old.

Just now, StayofExecution2020 said:

That's because nirvana fans know there won't be anything coming from their band and they can dedicate their discussions on the music and whatnot. 

We are five years in on one of the biggest reunions in music and haven't heard one note of new music, while it has been talked about and hinted for years now.

So you can't compare these two in the slightest

Yes, it sure has been talked about a lot on here. Except they have never given a date or said that we will definitely get a new record. So I am not getting my hopes up. And if it does happen, and it turns out to be good music, then great!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Who is justifying that? Don't you think that I want to hear new music? Do you think I am happy that he has released one album with original songs in the last 30 years? No, I am not.

But it is what it is. It's his life, it's his career. If he feels good about it or doesn't want to release a lot of music, then too fucking bad. I wish he did, but so be it. I'm not going to complain about it like a 12 year old.

Have you noticed that you're the only person who feels the need to attempt to insult others in this discussion? 

Also, there's a difference between stating facts and whining. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Have you noticed that you're the only person who feels the need to attempt to insult others in this discussion? 

Also, there's a difference between stating facts and whining. 

No, I haven't actually, except I have noticed that you put words in my mouth that I never said. Comparing fans who keep on complaining about a rock 'n roll band not releasing new music to 12 year olds, is more a fact in my book, not so much an insult. But I bet you don't agree.

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EvanG said:

No, I haven't actually, except I have noticed that you put words in my mouth that I never said. Calling fans who keep on complaining about a rock 'n roll band not releasing new music to 12 year olds, is more a fact in my book, not so much an insult. But I bet you don't agree.

Again, complaining and stating facts are two different things. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. So much this.

So many of us just want GN'R to live up to their massive potential as opposed to the mediocre pile of garage they have been for so long. 

I'd argue that holding an artist to a higher standard makes you a much bigger fan than someone who settles for and tries to justify an insanely sub-par track record. 

We want them to be better because we actually care.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

“On this record, the overall theme is the importance of music, and the bands that made us who we are. We just hope [the album] takes people’s minds off their troubles. 

 

“We’re so fortunate and grateful to be in the position to share a little happiness in our own way. Our gratitude levels are off the chart.

 

Dropkick murphys' fans will probably delighted to hear stuff like this. (New album dropping soon)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dean said:

“Same bat time same bat channel...” would indicate the follow up was a possibility in 09/10. I do recall the comments in the other thread, but off the top of my head, Axl has mentioned more than what was stated about the topic of a new album, whether it be at shows or interviews etc and I’m sure this was around the early 00’s. The follow up was even given the title of P.R.L. in a 2001 interview, though I don’t recall if that was actually a direct quote from Axl himself or if it was given to the interviewer by someone from the camp.

The "P.R.L" title was supposedly mentioned in an article in Portuguese, which is yet to be located. It was never mentioned in an interview.

In 2001 a tentative date for June of that year was given by management (not Axl). Axl talked about new music in the interviews he did at the time of Rock in Rio, and then again (according to people who were there) at the Joint shows at the end of 2001 but didn't give a date. 

Then in 2002 he said what I quoted in the other thread.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a comment from 2014 on a 2014 article where Axl is talking about CD2 and the remix album (already mentioned that interview in this thread) that goes:

"So we can expect this to drop sometime around 2021, right?"

Source: 

https://www.stereogum.com/1685104/axl-rose-announces-chinese-democracy-sequel-remix-album/news/

Pretty funny considering they very well may be right! (We can only hope, sadly)

Edited by Sweersa
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The "P.R.L" title was supposedly mentioned in an article in Portuguese, which is yet to be located. It was never mentioned in an interview.

In 2001 a tentative date for June of that year was given by management (not Axl). Axl talked about new music in the interviews he did at the time of Rock in Rio, and then again (according to people who were there) at the Joint shows at the end of 2001 but didn't give a date. 

Then in 2002 he said what I quoted in the other thread.

He had the chance in Argentina to confront the issue directly with the interviewer when she said June 2001, but didn’t and answered the question. He said at varying times also about Chinese being a 3 stage thing, drop a record then a year later drop another and so on, so the music was always a dangling carrot for the fans at that time. Granted, no date specifically was given but his words throughout 2001 and even in 02 would very much point at something dropping in the near future - not 6/7 years down the road. It is what it is at this point. Thanks for all the great research that you do for a4d!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I see it more as some weird 'I'm a bigger fan than you' pissing contest, with a bit of 'maybe if I keep doing this fan-police stuff over and over the band will notice and I'll be given something'. 

Whatever it is though, it's not going to stop people on a forum calling out bullshit and praising good stuff. Absolutely no-one on here wants the band to not be as good as they can be, and most people have sufficient use of their own faculties to acknowledge what is bad and what is good at present. 

I've kept quiet, but I do have to admit you are a bit different on the HTGTH board. I've read your posts on here and there. I didn't want to say anything since I don't want to argue. I have noticed it, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is for certain.  With all of the time people have had on their hands if the pandemic didn’t spark 1-2 records then I doubt we would ever see new music.  I’m sure it’s a lot of pressure.  Not only do you have 2 original members back, but even if you reject it there’s always going to be some sort of “living up to expectations” from one place or another. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...