The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Sure, I get that. You have every right to call an artist out over failed delivery. I am certainly not defending Axl's inability to release music or his many suggestions we would get to hear new music. I just don't get my panties in a knot over it, especially considering that I got used to it back in the 90s, and you aren't exactly a new kid on the block, either. But we have had this discussion before.

Yeah, I certainly don't get upset over it at all. What a waste of my life that would be! Getting all upset over Axl's failure to live up to his own potential? That's not something for me to waste my life on lol 

However, I will definitely call a spade a spade when I stop by to post. Doesn't mean I'm mad and it certainly doesn't mean I sit around wasting my life worried about what GN'R may or may kit do. On the other hand, it doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend all is good with them when I stop by the forum. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You've now said I say things that aren't true in your last two posts. Is this not the definition of a liar?

For my part, there's no confusion so I'm all set. I understand if you're confused though seeing as you keep saying things, then saying you don't say them. 

Too many times now have you put words in my mouth that I never said. I'm not saying you do that on purpose, hence saying ''I don't know why you do this'' in my previous post. When you're not posting in the GnR section I find you most of the time reasonable, but here you often seem to be different during a discussion, so I really don't know why you do this. That is not me claiming you to be a liar. Maybe you're having problems understanding what I am saying? Again, I don't know.

But I'm getting a bit tired of this. I only reacted to your initial post because your claim was incorrect and I know this because I know enough people who have been very positive about the band, even in the last couple of years. But I guess you can't comprehend that. Oh well. Too bad. Bye for now.

(don't forget to react to this again by using the laughing emoticon like you do with all my posts. I'd be disappointed if you didn't.)

Edited by EvanG

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, that's not what I am saying at all. It is the constant barrage of negative posts from single posters that is a bit over the top and unnecessary. This is a discussion forum and then one is allowed and encouraged to have different opinions, but when some negative people gets to set the tone and make posts that make it seem almost wrong to be positive, that sets a sour mood that might result in dissenting voices staying silent. And don't think for one second I am arguing that people shouldn't be allowed to complain, complain, complain, I am just asking them - why bother? Maybe this band isn't for you anymore? Maybe some stoicism would reflect better on yourself? Maybe find out what in life is bothering you so much you take it out on something as trivial as a band not being great anymore? 

For most people a band isn't something trivial. It's something that has had a significant meaning throughout their lives. It's something they feel connected to emotionally. Not getting these kind of emotions is just beyond me - especially when it comes to ones favourite band. I think people who are emotionally invested in their favourite band as much as they are in their tax reports are just weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Too many times now have you put words in my mouth that I never said. I'm not saying you do that on purpose, hence saying ''I don't know why you do this'' in my previous post. When you're not posting in the GnR section I find you most of the time reasonable, but here you often seem to be different during a discussion, so I really don't know why you do this. That is not me claiming you to be a liar. Maybe you're have problems understanding what I am saying? Again, I don't know.

But I'm getting a bit tired of this. I only reacted to your initial post because your claim was incorrect and I know this because I know enough people who have been very positive about the band, even in the last couple of years. But I guess you can't comprehend that. Oh well. Too bad. Bye for now.

(don't forget to react to this again by using the laughing emoticon like you do with all my posts. I'd be disappointed if you didn't.)

Looks like you're going to be disappointed this time out :) also, another solid attempt at insulting me with your "maybe you're having problems understanding me" bit. In case you're looking for examples of where you attempted to insult me, you can start with this one. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yeah, I certainly don't get upset over it at all. What a waste of my life that would be! Getting all upset over Axl's failure to live up to his own potential? That's not something for me to waste my life on lol 

However, I will definitely call a spade a spade when I stop by to post. Doesn't mean I'm mad and it certainly doesn't mean I sit around wasting my life worried about what GN'R may or may kit do. On the other hand, it doesn't mean that I'm going to pretend all is good with them when I stop by the forum. 

That's an interesting thought: That you have to be negative otherwise you come across as pretending everything is good. What I do, is simply not to usually express my negative opinions and to hell with people who think this means I am all positive about it. Mostly because my opinions re: Gn'R aren't really strong to the extent where I would start complaining on a fan forum -- I mean, I have real negative stuff in my life to deal with, stuff that actually affect me, not the inevitable decline of a rock band -- but also because I don't want to come across as negative. Negative people are the worst. Sorry! Especially when one knows how great they are when they are positive. And sure, if pressed I will be entirely honest about the negative sides about Guns N' Roses, they way I see them, I just don't think it is necessarily worth always expressing them. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, that's not what I am saying at all. It is the constant barrage of negative posts from single posters that is a bit over the top and unnecessary. This is a discussion forum and then one is allowed and encouraged to have different opinions, but when some negative people gets to set the tone and make posts that make it seem almost wrong to be positive, that sets a sour mood that might result in dissenting voices staying silent. And don't think for one second I am arguing that people shouldn't be allowed to complain, complain, complain, I am just asking them - why bother? Maybe this band isn't for you anymore? Maybe some stoicism would reflect better on yourself? Maybe find out what in life is bothering you so much you take it out on something as trivial as a band not being great anymore? 

But my point is that while you may see it as 'trivial' a lot of people are really passionate about GNR. Hence why they're on a forum, discussing them. I don't see this "constant barrage of negative posts from single posters" at all. I see a lot of discussions going on, involving a lot of different people. It's absurd to claim that dissenting voices stay silent - there are constant debates on here, about all sorts. 

If a lot of people are unhappy, well, that's just going to be represented by what people are saying. And the truth of the matter is that most people seem unhappy at present. They complain because they care. If they didn't care, they wouldn't be here. That you don't care is fine, and good for you, but if people do care, and they're pissed off, then they'e going to say so. The 'why are they here' argument is simply that - because they like/care about what GNR are doing. 

Hey, if you want to see negative, go and have a look at some other GNR places - most notably their social media platforms! Absolutely brutal. This forum is arguably one of the most positive places online for GNR discussion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Looks like you're going to be disappointed this time out :) also, another solid attempt at insulting me with your "maybe you're having problems understanding me" bit. In case you're looking for examples of where you attempted to insult me, you can start with this one. 

How is that an insult? It can be just as easily my doing. Especially when I'm typing fast (like I am doing now) I can be confusing in my writings. And English not being my first language, sometimes my grammar, or whatever, not always being perfect and causing confusion. See, this is what I mean, sorry, but you're really pushing it now. I'm done with you, man. Fucking hell.

2 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

For most people a band isn't something trivial. It's something that has had a significant meaning throughout their lives. It's something they feel connected to emotionally. Not getting these kind of emotions is just beyond me - especially when it comes to ones favourite band. I think people who are emotionally invested in their favourite band as much as they are in their tax reports are just weird.

I think people who get emotionally invested in either a band or tax reports are weird. I get emotionally invested in music, or more like music emotionally moves me. But that is something different, I think.

Still, I think it is possible to like the band yet not be overly negative when things aren't exactly going as you want. And again, I don't have a problem with the occasional negative posts, either. 

That's an interesting thought: That you have to be negative otherwise you come across as pretending everything is good. What I do, is simply not to usually express my negative opinions and to hell with people who think this means I am all positive about it. Mostly because my opinions re: Gn'R aren't really strong to the extent where I would start complaining on a fan forum -- I mean, I have real negative stuff in my life to deal with, stuff that actually affect me, not the inevitable decline of a rock band -- but also because I don't want to come across as negative. Negative people are the worst. Sorry! Especially when one knows how great they are when they are positive. And sure, if pressed I will be entirely honest about the negative sides about Guns N' Roses, they way I see them, I just don't think it is necessarily worth always expressing them. 

No, I wasn't saying that you must be positive or negative. What I was saying is that if people aren't posting only positive things, other users seem to think they must be negative. 

I totally agree that negative people are the worst. I myself try to surround myself with as many positive people as possible. That's why it's hilarious to me when I come on here get accused of being a negative person by a very few people. 

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

How is that an insult? It can be just as easily my doing. Especially when I'm typing fast (like I am doing now) I can be confusing in my writings. And English not being my first language, sometimes my grammar, or whatever, not always being perfect and causing confusion. See, this is what I mean, sorry, but you're really pushing it now. I'm done with you, man. Fucking hell.

You continue to attempt to insult me, but I'm the one pushing it? Are you just posting jokes for lulz now? 

As far as being done with me, you're always welcome to use that block button :)

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

But my point is that while you may see it as 'trivial' a lot of people are really passionate about GNR. Hence why they're on a forum, discussing them. I don't see this "constant barrage of negative posts from single posters" at all. I see a lot of discussions going on, involving a lot of different people. It's absurd to claim that dissenting voices stay silent - there are constant debates on here, about all sorts. 

I think what started this discussion was how different forums tend to attract different fans because people aggregate to forums with likeminded. So HTGTH will be more positive while gunsnfnroses (well, it is just a joke forum but still...) is negative, and this site has traditionally been something in-between. 

And I definitely see that positive voices get more and more rare here. I have to disagree on that one. MOSTLY because most fans don't think there is much to be positive about, right, but also because that with more and more of the people who still post here having turned rather negative, it sets a sour mood. And again, I am not at all saying it shouldn't be allowed, or that people are trolling, I am more finding it fascinating why people do it. I can't really fathom it. I understand that people get disappointed, I just don't understand the need to incessantly post about being disappointed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You continue to attempt to insult me, but I'm the one pushing it? Are you just posting jokes for lulz now? 

As far as being done with me, you're always welcome to use that block button :)

Are you kidding me? I am admitting that you perhaps not understanding my posts can be my doing because they are not always clear, and you still think I'm trying to insult you? Seriously?

I never used the block button because I think it's stupid, but I'm going to take you up on it. Blocked. 

• GNFNR 1

Just now, EvanG said:

Are you kidding me? I am admitting that you perhaps not understanding my posts can be my doing because they are not always clear, and you still think I'm trying to insult you? Seriously?

I never used the block button because I think it's stupid, but I'm going to take you up on it. Blocked. 

Fantastic, glad I could be your first :) <3 

• Haha 2

I think what started this discussion was how different forums tend to attract different fans because people aggregate to forums with likeminded. So HTGTH will be more positive while gunsnfnroses (well, it is just a joke forum but still...) is negative, and this site has traditionally been something in-between. 

And I definitely see that positive voices get more and more rare here. I have to disagree on that one. MOSTLY because most fans don't think there is much to be positive about, right, but also because that with more and more of the people who still post here having turned rather negative, it sets a sour mood. And again, I am not at all saying it shouldn't be allowed, or that people are trolling, I am more finding it fascinating why people do it. I can't really fathom it. I understand that people get disappointed, I just don't understand the need to incessantly post about being disappointed.

Well - it's usually spurred on by something. 

The band do a NITL Selects, it gets a thread, so people discuss it, and if they think it's shit they'll say it. So it seems all negative. But then you have a thread about, for example, the brief Coma leak and it's pretty much all positive. It SEEMS negative because a lot of the things they do at the moment are getting negative feedback. But it's  mainly all a reaction to something, rather than people just dropping in and saying negative stuff out of the blue. 

You can guarantee that if they dropped some new songs people would go WILD on here, probably regardless of the quality! 

I think your last point is crucial though - that you can't really fathom why people care so much. It's because GNR were always a really passionate band that came along in the formative period for many people. They always invited that level of passion, probably far more than any other of their peers. That's got it's plus side of course (so many people are still here for a band who really have done very little over the years) and maybe it's minus side (people getting really pissed off that the band seem to be intent on throwing things away). 

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here again, you've attempted to call me a lair and then go on to suggest that I don't know how to have a discussion. Are these not attempted insults? 

And "you don't have to agree with me" is rich coming from the person who stops by the thread just to tell everyone that they have to be positive about GN'R 

That sounds very Irish.

"They were callin me a lair, mammy, so they were".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Indeed we do :) I think GN'R got it when they managed to release UYIs in '91 and then - against all odds - CD in 2008. But surely we all see the direction it is heading? Don't get me wrong, I do expect more original music at some time, but I don't expect the band to ever get back to excite me as much as they did when I feel in love with the band. They might be able to continue doing passable live shows, but that's about as much as one can hope to get.

Most bands eventually die out. All bands do, actually. Some are just so popular they get to tour for longer than others despite not being as good anymore. But they are on life support. And that's fine.  All things must come to an end. I love it when people go to the shows and have a great time, though. Its fantastic! I would never criticize the band for being able to do that, still. Even if I personally don't get much excited. 

So I don't think the difference between us is in how we much, or little, we appreciate the shows. It is just that I am not bothered with it. I would have preferred if it wasn't so, but it is not like there isn't other live bands to see and it is not like my happiness stands or falls on the quality of a rock band.

All bands die eventually or they are on life support. I point you once more to Rush who retired, on the back of a great album and tour that the majority agreed was incredible. 

I don't think gnr are going to excite anyone with new material as much as you got excited after just discovering their now classic albums. That's an unrealistic bar. I do think they can release material that we all can enjoy... that's a realistic approach. They are now 30+yrs older and so are you, time has changed both the band and the fan it's an almost impossible moving target.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I see fire on this topic so I was so exiting that something really happen and it's just guys who have a "discussion" about nothing to do with a new album..............so why not speaking in MP ????? go away

lulwut....it's a forum for discussion. The fact that GN'R never follows through on relesing a new album was being discussed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

NITL shows. I have a friend who has been to 5 shows in two years. I have only been to one myself and that's enough, unless they put a new record out and start touring that one. But he still loves them and can't get enough. Good for him. I'm sure there are a lot of people who are still enjoying them. Merchandise. A lot of people like that crap. I personally don't care for it, but each to their own. Official YouTube live videos. For all the criticism it gets on here, there are people who are actually excited about those videos and enjoy them. I can go on, but someone like Russ is just going to laugh about it anyway and dismiss it. I guess the fact that this is positive for some people doesn't mean much to him, because he doesn't care about any of it.

Are you talking about the Selects? Those sounded horrific.

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just because a percentage of the fanbase likes those things doesn't mean the fanbase at large should be positive about them though. What everybody wants is music - just check out the comments on their social media.

I also went to 5 shows between 2016-17 and GNR is my favourite band... that doesn't mean I won't call them on their bullshit. The 2017 shows were a noticeable decline and it's only gotten worse since then. The Selects videos were rightfully mocked by the casual audience. Children's books and tasteless t-shirts appeal to a very, very small portion of GNR fans.

Meanwhile, Slash is getting ready to release his 2nd solo album since the reunion began. If anyone has a real reason to be positive, I guess it's Slash fans. :shrugs:

I'm really excited for the new SMKC record. I don't care so much about a GnR one now.

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

Some of you need to stop ass licking this pathetic band so much. No other major band has pulled the kind of shit GNR have since 1993. One album 94-2020 is downright lazy. It's only because they managed to capture lightning in a bottle from 87-93 that they have gotten away with the shit they have. 

Axl deserves to be called out for the fraud he is.

Yes I agree

• Like 2

I think people should be able to post negative opinions, so long as they’re made in an adult and constructive way. This band is no where near as good as it was in the late 80’s early 90’s - FACT. But, it is still a fantastic experience seeing them live. 

Of course, arguments on the forums are inevitable when we have little to talk about. Heaven forbid a single drops so we actually have something to discuss!

All i can say is lol....

Thankyou dead daisies for keeping rock albums going, plenty of albums out since chi dem.. And fun fact, slash played guitar on 1 track on first album, and fortus/reed/frank have all been either touring members or recorded in studio with the band. 

Prove me wrong team brazil...

Pry that epic state of grace and the general from axls cold, grumpy hands and share with the world... ✌😂😂