The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

20 hours ago, Legendador said:

From what I understand, Chinese Democracy took 13 years to be completed and it was released in 2008!

2008 + 13 = 2021 soooooooooooooooooooo we are waiting for a new record for the same amount of time that we've waited for Chinese Democracy, is that it?

This new record will take more time to be done than ChiDem? So it's right to say that maybe and if GNR release a new album this would be (by their ages) their last one?

My God! What a waste of talent, money and time, 

2023 if you follow the 15 year pattern. A date that is worrying likely. Unless as we approach the next half of next year and the endless touring has restarted and it looks like nothing will come out. 

On 3/14/2021 at 4:56 PM, smokingarthur said:

Let’s clarify one thing: the idea that GNR would have released an album last year had it not been for Covid is laughable. There’s no indication any album was even completed. We have tidbits of suggestions from Duff and Slash that they worked on GNR material. 

I’m willing to bet that Oasis reform and record a new album and release new music before GNR do. 

Even Oasis dropped a new song in 2020. I mean, it was a previously unreleased track, but still.

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

What if they drop the CD remix album in 2021?

Why for? They lost momentum for that!

They've lost momentum for everything!

I hate this band right now! (That's what I'm saying since I heard "If The World" in 2008).

6 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I hate this band right now! (That's what I'm saying since I heard "If The World" in 2008).

I hear ya. Is there a band out there that treats their fans with more contempt than GNR? Everything they do is just so half arsed it seems. Pisses me off to fuck!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legendador said:

If The World, should be the lead single for the remix album in 2021. :D

The Village If The World is my favorite. Interesting how the intro is similar to the album version, and not the version that leaked in 2008 which presumably was from between the Village and album version. 

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The Village If The World is my favorite. Interesting how the intro is similar to the album version, and not the version that leaked in 2008 which presumably was from between the Village and album version. 

I'd be keen for a Chris Pitman sub-bass solo mix of If The World, 4db higher than the original with 9 different reverb mixes. I genuinely think that would boost tickets for future dates, and set the path for success for the forthcoming quintuple album.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

You know, to me there's no bad GNR song, even "My World" I don't think is a bad song, but what bugs me is that IFW does not sound like a GNR song, it would be great as a Axl Rose solo project, but not in a GNR record.

But I also do have an unpopular opinion: I love the "Silkworms" version with fast drums.

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

I'd be keen for a Chris Pitman sub-bass solo mix of If The World, 4db higher than the original with 9 different reverb mixes. I genuinely think that would boost tickets for future dates, and set the path for success for the forthcoming quintuple album.

Someone needs to befriend Pitman to get CD2 and other gems.

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

You know, to me there's no bad GNR song, even "My World" I don't think is a bad song, but what bugs me is that IFW does not sound like a GNR song, it would be great as a Axl Rose solo project, but not in a GNR record.

But I also do have an unpopular opinion: I love the "Silkworms" version with fast drums.

The Josh drums on the RM1 Silkworms are killer cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

ITW needs a Kanye West remix and a music video that follows the story of Estranged. But this time, when Axl jumps into the ocean, all the dolphins are skeletons. Melissa rises from the water to play a sweet, sweet sub-bass solo. 12" maxi single with 4 alternate remixes coming soon to an offline retailer near you. Get the tour-exclusive quadruple album at the all-new-show this winter. :axl:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

ITW needs a Kanye West remix and a music video that follows the story of Estranged. But this time, when Axl jumps into the ocean, all the dolphins are skeletons. Melissa rises from the water to play a sweet, sweet sub-bass solo. 12" maxi single with 4 alternate remixes coming soon to an offline retailer near you. Get the tour-exclusive quadruple album at the all-new-show this winter. :axl:

Keen for this shit! Make it happen 'Nando. 

At best, they'll only release one more album, so they may as well go big or go home. 10-disc box set or bust.

(The 11-disc special edition set will contain the CD remix album, and the 12-disc Ultimate Collectors Edition will contain the remix album and a partially* edited recording of Axl's phone call to Slash in 2015)

*heavily

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At best, they'll only release one more album, so they may as well go big or go home. 10-disc box set or bust.

(The 11-disc special edition set will contain the CD remix album, and the 12-disc Ultimate Collectors Edition will contain the remix album and a partially* edited recording of Axl's phone call to Slash in 2015)

*heavily

plus polaroid pics of the dinner at axl's house

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'll be the first to say, quintuple album!

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, I think you'll find that I, Jarvis Theodore Sebastian de la Momente II, called the quintuple album first! Haha! It just makes sooooooo much sense in today's climate for GNR to release such a thing. I just hope hope hope they manage to splice together an appropriate solo for The General, incorporating the bulk from takes 4, 9, 335, and 1801 of Bucketheads 2003 recordings, utilising Robin's trill notes from takes 29, 9875, and 9984 in 2001, Bumblefoot's fretless wanky woodle malarkey from takes 7, 22, 34, 56, 72, 88, and 805 in 2007 and 2011 respectively, and then inserting ghost notes from Paul's original 1996 demo recording. All Slash then needs to do is add his own spin over the top and boom bang bosh, another masterpiece delivered. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck this band is boring nowadays. Doc Neeson is dead and i still get more enjoyment out of The Angels material than i do with Guns...

Just appreciate it for what it is, duuuuuuuude! We should be thankful. Go and get yourself a GNR themed toy truck and that should pick ya up. The GNR laundry bag and Brain's individual cymbal mixes from ChiDem are keeping me going just now. 

PS - I ever so slightly increased the reverb gate on the cymbals and they sound sublime. Just really makes me appreciate the effort that went into recording the album! 

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck this band is boring nowadays. Doc Neeson is dead and i still get more enjoyment out of The Angels material than i do with Guns...

How can you be bored when you get tour photos nearly every week from their social media? I mean, that's pretty hard work they're doing for you!

• Haha 2