The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

15 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The interview was specific about gear. The whole show was about the Gretsch guitars, and he has a signature model coming up in the 4th quarter. And the Anderton's channel is literally made by a guitar store in UK.

Cool. He is still in gnr though? The reason gretch gave him a signature model, also the only reason he'd be interviewed. He was also asked specifically  about gnr and declined to answer... and the rest of the interview was all about the guitar. Say what you want but that is batshit crazy

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Cool. He is still in gnr though? The reason gretch gave him a signature model, also the only reason he'd be interviewed. He was also asked specifically  about gnr and declined to answer... and the rest of the interview was all about the guitar. Say what you want but that is batshit crazy

I'm not defending, just pointed out that you said "unless its a specific to gear interview". I can't say GNR is the only reason because who knows what he would do from 2002 to now, but it doesn't take that much to have a signature model from lesser known brands (not saying that about Gretsch in particular though). The fact is that he was there to talk about his gear indeed. The fact that he can't talk about GNR is crazy indeed, but if that's his reality, what can he do? Better way is just keep being generic and trying his best to sound polite. 

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm not defending, just pointed out that you said "unless its a specific to gear interview". I can't say GNR is the only reason because who knows what he would do from 2002 to now, but it doesn't take that much to have a signature model from lesser known brands (not saying that about Gretsch in particular though). The fact is that he was there to talk about his gear indeed. The fact that he can't talk about GNR is crazy indeed, but if that's his reality, what can he do? Better way is just keep being generic and trying his best to sound polite. 

Oh yeah, not having a go at you. Just his circumstance. 

True, maybe if he was a youtuber he'd have got one😄 but the reality is what it is.

Slash and Duff are no better with info, it's just Richard has been talking shitbfor years and now he's fort knocks.

It is a nice looking guitar, i'll give him that!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Twinfoot said:

What exactly is OMG 2 supposed to be? A reworked version or a sequel or something?

The re-worked version, probably whatever the current version of what was leaked years ago was. (With Bucket and Bumblefoot in the mix)

I'm assuming that was the "OMG2" in the leaked CD song list. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not only is there no chance... who would actually want that?

The less Chinese the better. Nothing from the locker leaks comes close to the old stuff, imo. Hardschool is ok.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not only is there no chance... who would actually want that?

Me!

39 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The less Chinese the better. Nothing from the locker leaks comes close to the old stuff, imo. Hardschool is ok.

I believe it will be CD2 with some Slash and Duff, oh and we can't forget Frank and Melissa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Me!

Of all the stuff we've heard from the Village leaks... why?

OMG might've made sense as a CD2 bonus track or something, had it come out a decade ago. Shitworms has no business being on what is likely the final album. Even as a big CD fan, I honestly don't see the appeal. There's no chance Slash and Duff would improve those songs IMO.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

OMG might've made sense as a CD2 bonus track or something, had it come out a decade ago. Shitworms has no business being on what is likely the final album. Even as a big CD fan, I honestly don't see the appeal. There's no chance Slash and Duff would improve those songs IMO.

Easy solution is to just put the CD leftovers like Silkworms as a digital release only, and any physical release can have the actual new stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I want it ALL. Official release, or otherwise. Proper mixes of EVERYTHING.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Yeah, I agree. 

At this stage there is nothing I don't want to hear. If it's recorded and sitting there......why wouldn't I want to hear it? 

I see merit in everything I've ever heard by GNR, so of course I'd want to hear it all, regardless of when it was recorded, who played on it etc etc. 

I see no reason anymore not to get all this stuff out there, for those that want to have it to have it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Easy solution is to just put the CD leftovers like Silkworms as a digital release only, and any physical release can have the actual new stuff.

The easy solution is to keep Silkworms where it belongs, as a couple of one off performances from 2001 and 2002 :lol:

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Yea I want to hear it all too, but there's plenty of other stuff from the Village sessions (and probably from the 2002-07 sessions) that would be better for this lineup to use.

On very the small chance that they don't release a quintuple album... forget about stuff like the reworked OMG and Silkworms until after they've called it a day, and hopefully they release a CD box set at some point. :shrugs:

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

On very the small chance that they don't release a quintuple album... forget about stuff like the reworked OMG and Silkworms until after they've called it a day, and hopefully they release a CD box set at some point. :shrugs:

That would be ideal!

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 7:16 AM, The Matinator said:

I honestly don’t care if silkworms is ever officially released at this point. We have so many versions of the song already we really an “official” version wouldn’t even be that interesting. Maybe on a Re-release of CD someday.

That and how outdated silkworms is. Music styles have changed. Releasing a song like that would be a joke and 100 percent they will have backlash from it.

5 hours ago, vloors said:

That and how outdated silkworms is. Music styles have changed. Releasing a song like that would be a joke and 100 percent they will have backlash from it.

Aye, 100%. The lyrics are truly terrible. They would be ridiculed. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

i like the part "listen to this song that should be heard", but ironically the rest is pretty terrible

Another ironic bit, is the best version of this song that is known outside of the band and their associates is one of Evader's remixes. :D