Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Twinfoot said:

What exactly is OMG 2 supposed to be? A reworked version or a sequel or something?

The re-worked version, probably whatever the current version of what was leaked years ago was. (With Bucket and Bumblefoot in the mix)

I'm assuming that was the "OMG2" in the leaked CD song list. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not only is there no chance... who would actually want that?

The less Chinese the better. Nothing from the locker leaks comes close to the old stuff, imo. Hardschool is ok.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not only is there no chance... who would actually want that?

Me!

39 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The less Chinese the better. Nothing from the locker leaks comes close to the old stuff, imo. Hardschool is ok.

I believe it will be CD2 with some Slash and Duff, oh and we can't forget Frank and Melissa. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Me!

Of all the stuff we've heard from the Village leaks... why?

OMG might've made sense as a CD2 bonus track or something, had it come out a decade ago. Shitworms has no business being on what is likely the final album. Even as a big CD fan, I honestly don't see the appeal. There's no chance Slash and Duff would improve those songs IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Of all the stuff we've heard from the Village leaks... why?

OMG might've made sense as a CD2 bonus track or something, had it come out a decade ago. Shitworms has no business being on what is likely the final album. Even as a big CD fan, I honestly don't see the appeal. There's no chance Slash and Duff would improve those songs IMO.

Easy solution is to just put the CD leftovers like Silkworms as a digital release only, and any physical release can have the actual new stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don’t care if silkworms is ever officially released at this point. We have so many versions of the song already we really an “official” version wouldn’t even be that interesting. Maybe on a Re-release of CD someday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Silkworms is utter gash! I remember hearing it back in 2001 when I downloaded Rock In Rio version. Just listened to it there. Still bollocks. Mainly the vocals to be fair!  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Of all the stuff we've heard from the Village leaks... why?

OMG might've made sense as a CD2 bonus track or something, had it come out a decade ago. Shitworms has no business being on what is likely the final album. Even as a big CD fan, I honestly don't see the appeal. There's no chance Slash and Duff would improve those songs IMO.

I want it ALL. Official release, or otherwise. Proper mixes of EVERYTHING.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I want it ALL. Official release, or otherwise. Proper mixes of EVERYTHING.

Yeah, I agree. 

At this stage there is nothing I don't want to hear. If it's recorded and sitting there......why wouldn't I want to hear it? 

I see merit in everything I've ever heard by GNR, so of course I'd want to hear it all, regardless of when it was recorded, who played on it etc etc. 

I see no reason anymore not to get all this stuff out there, for those that want to have it to have it. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Easy solution is to just put the CD leftovers like Silkworms as a digital release only, and any physical release can have the actual new stuff.

The easy solution is to keep Silkworms where it belongs, as a couple of one off performances from 2001 and 2002 :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The easy solution is to keep Silkworms where it belongs, as a couple of one off performances from 2001 and 2002 :lol:

Because of the dearth of GnR material, I'm never going to turn down 'new' material, even if it's a song that was debuted 20 years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I want it ALL. Official release, or otherwise. Proper mixes of EVERYTHING.

Yea I want to hear it all too, but there's plenty of other stuff from the Village sessions (and probably from the 2002-07 sessions) that would be better for this lineup to use.

On very the small chance that they don't release a quintuple album... forget about stuff like the reworked OMG and Silkworms until after they've called it a day, and hopefully they release a CD box set at some point. :shrugs:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

On very the small chance that they don't release a quintuple album... forget about stuff like the reworked OMG and Silkworms until after they've called it a day, and hopefully they release a CD box set at some point. :shrugs:

That would be ideal!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2021 at 7:16 AM, The Matinator said:

I honestly don’t care if silkworms is ever officially released at this point. We have so many versions of the song already we really an “official” version wouldn’t even be that interesting. Maybe on a Re-release of CD someday.

That and how outdated silkworms is. Music styles have changed. Releasing a song like that would be a joke and 100 percent they will have backlash from it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vloors said:

That and how outdated silkworms is. Music styles have changed. Releasing a song like that would be a joke and 100 percent they will have backlash from it.

Aye, 100%. The lyrics are truly terrible. They would be ridiculed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

i like the part "listen to this song that should be heard", but ironically the rest is pretty terrible

Another ironic bit, is the best version of this song that is known outside of the band and their associates is one of Evader's remixes. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody wanting to take a wager on how many pages this thread will reach before:

a). We get an announcement on the progress of a new album.

b). We get a tentative release date for a new album.

c). A new album is released.

d). The Beatles announce their reunion.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...