The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Sp1at definitely had some good sources, and hopefully he still does. But if this is Slash's camp saying that they are hoping to have a new album ready by Q4, then there is not much news in that. Of course Slash hopes to have an album out by the end of the year. They are hoping because they have learned their lesson. We should have, too. So let's do as the Slash camp is doing, hope but never expect.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 6:25 PM, All Cautions Made said:

Susan said on the last podcast that this cover will be included on the next record.

:lol: Let's hope Elton doesn't die before they go on tour again. :unsure:

Edit: I mean, he also shouldn't die whilst they are on tour. Under no circumstances do I want that cover.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 6:25 PM, All Cautions Made said:

Susan said on the last podcast that this cover will be included on the next record.

You also need to check out the other videos on that channel. The Shotgun Blues one is also awesome, great attention to detail with Axl coming in early after the solo :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

sp1at is back with more info: Just an update, the band are hoping to complete an album, or have an album ready by the last quarter of this year, no release schedule set yet. From the Slash camp

If that comes to fruition, sounds like 2022 could be the year.

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

If a record really does happen this year (it won’t) then I guess that means the UYI box set is either canceled or delayed to 2022 (both of which I’m fine with, if that means we get a new album instead).

Well if we believe that quote, a complete album by the end of the year dont mean they would release it this year anyway. They can still release UYI boxset this year and new album next year. But assuming things with GNR is hopeless lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

It doesnt necessary mean that they need more recording, it could mean they have to finalize things like track order, artwork etc...maybe some mixing.

They are busy removing Bumblefoot and digging out the Bucket's guitar tracks to put back into some of the mixes, and replacing some of Robin's work with Slash's lead guitar.

9 hours ago, Kranich said:

If you skip to 0:55 you can see Duff n' Slash sittin' with all kind of gear behind them in the house that is neither Slash's or Duff's. May it be a studio?

my guess is it's the shack where the hide from Team Brazil. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, Kranich said:

If you skip to 0:55 you can see Duff n' Slash sittin' with all kind of gear behind them in the house that is neither Slash's or Duff's. May it be a studio?

Oh yeah, that's where Paul Tobias used to be. Word has it that's where TB store Slash and Duff now.

We know the band has already done a fair bit of recording, so my guess is that 'hoping to get an album done by Q4 this year' may mean any album is in a post-production stage.

I think we could see an album by November at the very earliest (when the Aus/NZ tour starts), but it is more likely to coincide with the larger Euro tour in 2022.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

We know the band has already done a fair bit of recording, so my guess is that 'hoping to get an album done by Q4 this year' may mean any album is in a post-production stage.

I think we could see an album by November at the very earliest (when the Aus/NZ tour starts), but it is more likely to coincide with the larger Euro tour in 2022.

New album release? Not in Axls Lifetime. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

We don't really. We have a bit of speculation and vague comments around 'jamming' but that's it. 

The only thing we know for sure is that Slash is working on a new SMKC album. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

We don't really. We have a bit of speculation and vague comments around 'jamming' but that's it. 

Correct. Thing to remember is gnr had been jammin for 17 years between illusions and CD and now there back to jammin again. 

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Think they will play somethin new in Australia (Hardschool presumably), and then go for a March/April release to coincide with the European Tour. I just hope that Axl will do something simillar to 2016 when he came back much thinner and with high level vocals. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

We have multiple confirmations by Slash and Duff that recording has been done to some extent. We know Slash recorded at Axl's house. We have confirmation of new material by Susan, Fernando et al, and we know the band has rehearsed Hardschool. We have reports from some trusted people who have connections that something is brewing. Clearly, recording has been done to some extent - we just don't know what.

• Like 2