The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

40 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

Mick was smart enough to sing in what is pretty much his speaking voice. It didn’t suffer much, plus the dude is still in great shape.

Well weighing 1/3rd Axl's weight surely helps in running around onstage. Even more so when you are almost 80 years old.

Edited by Kranich

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Not to mention Taylor Swift's two albums, an AC/DC album, Eminem, Lady Gaga etc etc. Basically, all the big artists you can think of. 

I asked this before and didn't get a response really......who are all these bands that AREN'T releasing music because of Covid? I'm yet to hear of one that had an album planned and haven't released it. 

Anyway.....that argument could vanish like a puff of smoke in about two months if the America tour happens. 

Exactly. There are definitely some artists who delayed their records. But then a lot eventually saw release once the pandemic started going into 2021. If there's really a GNR record — and let's be honest, there isn't — then the perfect time to drop it would be next month right before the US tour.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Weezer already released two records in 2021. The Struts just released one at the end of 2020. Foo Fighters had a new record. Plenty of bands are releasing records. It's a copout for GNR to delay a record into 2022 if they're blaming coronavirus.

We all know that, but we also know that it's gnr and they are the Kings at the cop out.

16 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Exactly. There are definitely some artists who delayed their records. But then a lot eventually saw release once the pandemic started going into 2021. If there's really a GNR record — and let's be honest, there isn't — then the perfect time to drop it would be next month right before the US tour.

If that tour is still going ahead then yes. I think an album is a long shot, it's reasonable to expect a single though. One before US, one before OZ/NZ.

3 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Once this thread has reached 500 pages, we will have news.

Loudwire: Slash talks about GN'R record "All things considered, we wanna do a record"

Classic Rock: Slash releases new Conspiracy album, talks about possible GN'R record.

Random interviews about guitars: Richard Fortus - "we're gonna release an album..."

Alternative Nation: Slash reveals controversial details on new Guns N' Roses Album

there you go...

Edited by GoForJMark
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

JAMES HETFIELD SAYS METALLICA HAVE WRITTEN "QUITE A FEW" NEW SONGS

Well, hopefully a new album," Papa Het says. "Whatever you call it these days – I guess it's an album, a CD, a group of songs, a collection, whatever, a stream or however you get your music now. But, yeah, a bunch of songs. We wrote quite a few songs. So we'll see how many we like first, and then we'll put ’em out. We're pretty selfish that way; we like what we write as well."

WTF?!?! I can't believe a band releasing something new 😲 

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/james-hetfield-says-metallica-have-written-quite-a-few-new-songs/

Edited by agustingloger
  • Wow 1

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Loudwire: Slash talks about GN'R record "All things considered, we wanna do a record"

Classic Rock: Slash releases new Conspiracy album, talks about possible GN'R record.

Random interviews about guitars: Richard Fortus - "we're gonna release an album..."

Alternative Nation: Slash reveals controversial details on new Guns N' Roses Album

there you go...

That’s not news that’s masturbation. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

there you go...

You guys may not of been around but slash and co were saying the same thing back in 94-96 and look how that turned out.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Well, hopefully a new album," Papa Het says. "Whatever you call it these days – I guess it's an album, a CD, a group of songs, a collection, whatever, a stream or however you get your music now. But, yeah, a bunch of songs. We wrote quite a few songs. So we'll see how many we like first, and then we'll put ’em out. We're pretty selfish that way; we like what we write as well."

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/james-hetfield-says-metallica-have-written-quite-a-few-new-songs/

How disrespectful to release new music during a pandemic (Fernando said something to this effect last year).

23 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Even Ozzy whose sick as completed 15 new songa for another album. His second album in a year and his in his 70s https://audioinkradio.com/2021/05/ozzy-osbourne-tracks-completed-new-album/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Stipulation match @Wrestlemania

Batista vs. Axl Rose (If Axl loses, he has to release new music for his fans)

When Batista is about to win, Team Brazil interferes and Axl gets the steelchair. No new music... 

That is if you can get Axl out of WWE catering. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, vloors said:

You guys may not of been around but slash and co were saying the same thing back in 94-96 and look how that turned out.

Unfortunately, I was around for that. And as always, it comes down to Axl 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It is genuinely extremely impressive how this band seemingly wants nothing to do with the idea of releasing music. 

Plenty of other big rock groups and artists have been cranking out music during this pandemic. Hell, even System Of A Down finally got into the studio to record two singles to raise funds for aid groups working in Armenia during the conflict with Azerbaijan last year. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 6:25 PM, SoulMonster said:

Of course not. But this isn't about who made a band popular, but who were in the first lineup. That's actually often two entirely different things. 

Rob Gardner……founding member!!! 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

It is genuinely extremely impressive how this band seemingly wants nothing to do with the idea of releasing music. 

Plenty of other big rock groups and artists have been cranking out music during this pandemic. Hell, even System Of A Down finally got into the studio to record two singles to raise funds for aid groups working in Armenia during the conflict with Azerbaijan last year. 

Man, it'll come when it's ready! It's all part of the master plan. 

8 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Rob Gardner……founding member!!! 🤣

I'm inclined to disagree with Marc on that one. Tracii and Axl (and possibly Izzy) founded the band, i.e. decided to start a new band and came up with the name. Rob was part of the first (=original) lineup, though.

• Like 1