The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

18 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

As somebody going to the first show of the tour this is a bummer lol. But it's the only one I can attend.  

I hear ya.. I have tix to the second show.. Axl will be using our shows as rehearsals... 

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

They treat the first few shows as a rehearsal so.....good luck with that! 

They = Axl

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Absolutely not. Nobody in the press regarded CD as a legitimate GNR album, and for obvious reasons. Trying to bring legitimacy to an ever changing line up by releasing a self titled album would not have been well received! When people generally think of GNR, they don't think of a man with a yellow rain coat on, with an upside down KFC bucket on his noggin, and a Michael Myres mask!

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

We must not be from the same timeline.

By that logic, the next album will be partially legitimate as a GN'R album since Slash will probably just shit on CD2 a bit. 

Here's the 4 star Rolling Stone review of Chinese Democracy where they refer to it as a Guns N Roses album in the very first sentence:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/chinese-democracy-255370/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

It's So Easy is such a great song to open up with because it's not until 1,5 minute into the song that Axl hits that high ''FUCK OFF'' scream and that's what everyone is waiting for. When I saw them a few years back everyone started cheering as soon as he hit that scream. And no, it didn't sound like Mickey. He actually sounded good that show.

He never sounds like Mickey During It's So Easy... It is a great opener but way overdone at this point. It should remain in the first few songs but would go over great maybe 2nd or any other spot really.. Call me crazy but I think You Could Be Mine would be a great opener.. With that drum intro and riff plus the fact that Everyone knows it.  People are usually so jacked up during the first song that they may not even notice how bad Axl sounds.. Then maybe kick right into It's So easy..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Call me crazy but I think You Could Be Mine would be a great opener.. With that drum intro and riff plus the fact that Everyone knows it.  People are usually so jacked up during the first song that they may not even notice how bad Axl sounds.. Then maybe kick right into It's So easy..

They did that in Bolivia in 2014 when Duff filled in for Tommy.

Could You Could Be Mine work as the first song of the encore?

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

I could be mistaken here, but I don't recall at any point during the nu-Guns era, many/any journalists accepting the ever changing line ups as legitimate GNR lineups. Most people saw it for it was; an Axl Rose solo band. And that's perfectly fine like. Had he managed to get his act together after the Rock In Rio 2001 relaunch then there is a chance people would have potentially accepted the band as a legitimate follow on from the Slash-era. But we know how that worked out!

Lineups of bands change. GN'R delivered half or less of what they should have during the CD era, but it could have been worse.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

He never sounds like Mickey During It's So Easy... It is a great opener but way overdone at this point. It should remain in the first few songs but would go over great maybe 2nd or any other spot really.. Call me crazy but I think You Could Be Mine would be a great opener.. With that drum intro and riff plus the fact that Everyone knows it.  People are usually so jacked up during the first song that they may not even notice how bad Axl sounds.. Then maybe kick right into It's So easy..

I wonder if Axl would sound better on YCBM since it's the first song of the set.  But I always thought it would be a rad opener too.  I remember they opened up with it that one show in South America because of the altitude.  I think it was 2014 when Duff was filling in for Tommy.

Outside of YCBM I think Nightrain would be good.  

Nightrain, Easy, Jungle, Hardschool, Chinese Democracy....  

3 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

This may have already been asked, but when will we get some actual news on new music? 

Probably around the same time Vince Neil sings all the words to Dr. Feelgood live

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nightrain into Brownstone would be cool; I've always thought that song was better suited closer to the beginning of the show than the end.

Oh damn I actually meant Nightrain into brownstone instead of easy lol.

Yeah I like how Nightrain and Brownstone kick off the Live Era album, but I also like how YCBM was the opener once.

I could go for something like YCBM, Nightrain, Brownstone, Easy, Jungle, Double Talkin’, Hardschool, Live & Let, and so on. I would also keep SOYL on the set somewhere and add Aint Goin Down (if it’s true that we’re getting a UYI box). Hopefully PTU and TAY happen too (since those were also rehearsed).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Lineups of bands change. GN'R delivered half or less of what they should have during the CD era, but it could have been worse.

Oh aye, band lineups do change and sometimes those changes are better! I'm a huge fan of Sabbath and Purple fan, and both bands have had multiple lineup changes over the years (big fan of the Gillan and Coverdale-eras as well as Ozzy and Dio-eras). But rarely do bands have 2 such iconic figures in the same vein as Axl and Slash (and to lesser degree Duff) which really come to define the band's public persona. Axl's public credibility was low after the early 90s diva years and he made a big statement basically firing everybody and starting afresh. Or attempting to. For all the hurrah over the 2002 lineup, they basically played the entire AFD album, a few tracks off the rest, along with 4 or 5 new tracks. If he wanted to do a Fleetwood Mac and completely reinvent the band, he didn't exactly embrace it by playing all the old material. But why did he do that? Because that's what the broader fanbase wanted. Bar a few people on GNR forums, most people didn't know who was in the band. I'm not sure how much worse the CD-era could have gotten, because there were points which were eye wateringly cringey (e.g. Leeds 2010, Bridge School, Rock in Rio/yellow rain coat, Dublin walk off, multiple cancelled tours, 2002 MTV VMAs, the list goes on). Had the CD-era been more cohesive, more people would take it seriously as a genuine follow on from the original-era. 

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Oh aye, band lineups do change and sometimes those changes are better! I'm a huge fan of Sabbath and Purple fan, and both bands have had multiple lineup changes over the years (big fan of the Gillan and Coverdale-eras as well as Ozzy and Dio-eras). But rarely do bands have 2 such iconic figures in the same vein as Axl and Slash (and to lesser degree Duff) which really come to define the band's public persona. Axl's public credibility was low after the early 90s diva years and he made a big statement basically firing everybody and starting afresh. Or attempting to. For all the hurrah over the 2002 lineup, they basically played the entire AFD album, a few tracks off the rest, along with 4 or 5 new tracks. If he wanted to do a Fleetwood Mac and completely reinvent the band, he didn't exactly embrace it by playing all the old material. But why did he do that? Because that's what the broader fanbase wanted. Bar a few people on GNR forums, most people didn't know who was in the band. I'm not sure how much worse the CD-era could have gotten, because there were points which were eye wateringly cringey (e.g. Leeds 2010, Bridge School, Rock in Rio/yellow rain coat, Dublin walk off, multiple cancelled tours, 2002 MTV VMAs, the list goes on). Had the CD-era been more cohesive, more people would take it seriously as a genuine follow on from the original-era. 

Don’t forget Golden Gods 2014… good fucking god…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

It was part of the trilogy (bridge school, golden gods, Rio). Assbas intro to scom was epic too

Neither this...

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Ashba’s guitar was out of tune. Super embarrassing!

... or indeed this, provide me with any wish to watch it now!

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Had the CD-era been more cohesive, more people would take it seriously as a genuine follow on from the original-era. 

I agree, big time. If the 2002 lineup remained for ten years with multiple albums and proper management of it all, it would have been something special. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

I agree, big time. If the 2002 lineup remained for ten years with multiple albums and proper management of it all, it would have been something special. 

I'd agree too. That was the point the band should have cut off the past and said "you know what? like it or don't, this is where we are now". I suppose they sort of did that, but never properly cemented it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd agree too. That was the point the band should have cut off the past and said "you know what? like it or don't, this is where we are now". I suppose they sort of did that, but never properly cemented it. 

One of many, many missed opportunities of this band. I was thinking about that as I organized my CD shelf with their albums a day or two ago. Lies and TSI, I don't really count those as albums really, they barely qualify, and one isn't original material.

So you have AFD and the Illusions and CD. So basically a 4-5 album band. Nothing new since 2008, and prior to that, 1993. Pretty pathetic. At the very least, CD2 being released prior to the "reunion" would have made it a way easier pill to swallow. Just to get the best out of that era out there and pave the way for a proper, actual new album with the current lineup.  

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

One of many, many missed opportunities of this band. I was thinking about that as I organized my CD shelf with their albums a day or two ago. Lies and TSI, I don't really count those as albums really, they barely qualify, and one isn't original material.

So you have AFD and the Illusions and CD. So basically a 4-5 album band. Nothing new since 2008, and prior to that, 1993. Pretty pathetic. At the very least, CD2 being released prior to the "reunion" would have made it a way easier pill to swallow. Just to get the best out of that era out there and pave the way for a proper, actual new album with the current lineup.  

At this point I’m fine with there only being four albums (AFD, UYI1, UYI2, CD), as I feel all four of those tell a complete “story” together.

And yeah I see Lies as just an EP/ mini-LP and not a studio album (I know the first half isn’t really live but it’s still “presented” as such). And I don’t count TSI either cause I feel an album should consist of at least half originals to be considered a proper studio album and not just a covers album.