The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That's too bad. Seems to happen with a lot of bands. Maybe nothing is better than mostly shit. (GN'R) Though even if most of CD2 turns out to be garbage I'd take that over nothing.

Good job Nothing arrived then! And that's all we'll be getting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

But another Myles record...:(

we're so unlucky. Axl doesn't release anything and the blandness that Myles brings to Slash's records is almost too much to sit through. I think I would have preferred almost anyone else but the PTSD caused by Axl and Scott was probably enough so Myles seems like a godsend.

Nicest guy in the world, no bullshit, good vocal range. This way Slash can just do his thing but I think the music suffers for it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

On 6/13/2021 at 12:19 PM, Free Bird said:

I couldn't even think of trying to get through full of CD. I like some songs on it but the majority just isn't the music I listen to. 

On the other hand everytime I listen to Contraband I realize how good that record is. I like it more now than back in 2004.

There are some great songs on Contraband, I dug it out recently and it's a fun record! but there are definitely a few not so great ideas on there. 

All in all, it is a far easier album to get through if you're a classic guns fan than CD, which has a lot of stylistic shifts from song to song. I prefer CD, but Contraband was a pretty kick ass album at the time! The production is a bit stiff, that would be my only complaint, would love if they eventually remixed it and took some of the early 00s veneer off it... that hi-fi sound.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

There are some great songs on Contraband, I dug it out recently and it's a fun record! but there are definitely a few not so great ideas on there. 

I'm probably one of a few that actually likes Libertad more than Contraband. (Even without the inclusion of the best song, Messages)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm probably one of a few that actually likes Libertad more than Contraband. (Even without the inclusion of the best song, Messages)

Me too! I prefer it more

Let It Roll, Messages, Last Fight, Just sixteen. I grew up with these songs when I was a teenager

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

Me too! I prefer it more

Let It Roll, Messages, Last Fight, Just sixteen. I grew up with these songs when I was a teenager

I like Gravedancer too.

Slash's 2010 album is my favorite non-GN'R work by him, aside from VR. That album with Axl on the stronger songs would be great.

4 minutes ago, something.always said:

More time has passed since CD's release than the time between AFD and CD. NO NEW ALBUM IS COMING. EVER.

Umm - don’t think so. 21 years between AFD and CD and 13 years since CD.

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

A lot of songs suffer from Myles but there're always some Gems on each Slash record. I rather take that than nothing.:shrugs:

That is how I felt up until the last record.... Garbage from beginning to end... I though AL had some great songs.. WOF was pretty damn solid even with Myles but the last one was terrible to my ears..  The first solo album had some great stuff too... even the two Myles songs. 

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I go back and forth on this but I absolutely love Libertad either way. . My two cousins think it is great as well. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I like Gravedancer too.

Amazing song!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I think I prefer Libertad top. Get out the door(wa).

• Like 1

Libertad is full of uninspired, bland sounding songs, that don’t go anywhere, and the guitar tones are rubbish. Which to me, when you have Slash in the band, is completely inexcusable.

Contraband is a pretty great modern hard rock album, with some nods to classic rock. And it showed so much promise too.

But then we got the half-assed Libertad that didn’t really build on the potential that Contraband showed...

And yes, this is where the discussion about a new GN’R album is going... to discussing the wasted potential of VR’s second album

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

Libertad is full of uninspired, bland sounding songs, that don’t go anywhere, and the guitar tones are rubbish. Which to me, when you have Slash in the band, is completely inexcusable.

Contraband is a pretty great modern hard rock album, with some nods to classic rock. And it showed so much promise too.

But then we got the half-assed Libertad that didn’t really build on the potential that Contraband showed...

And yes, this is where the discussion about a new GN’R album is going... to discussing the wasted potential of VR’s second album

I agree. I love Contraband, but I hate Libertad. Scott sounded like he was giving it 110% on the former, and then just completely phoning it in on the latter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I agree. I love Contraband, but I hate Libertad. Scott sounded like he was giving it 110% on the former, and then just completely phoning it in on the latter.

Scott was definitely phoning it in, to me the Stone Temple Pilots "reunion" album with him in 2010 suffered from the same lack of emotional connection and energy.  Libertad and that album are just completely lackluster compared to what Scott was capable of which is a damn shame because that dude in his prime IMO was one of the greats of his generation

• Like 1