Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

The hair discussion is irrelevant and pointless* but he really should be embarrassed by his current cut. Either embrace the full cut like Hetfield or just keep it long so you don’t look like a grandma.

*this band gives us nothing else to talk about lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

The hair discussion is irrelevant and pointless* but he really should be embarrassed by his current cut. Either embrace the full cut like Hetfield or just keep it long so you don’t look like a grandma.

*this band gives us nothing else to talk about lol

oh yeah. I have learned so much about preferences for hair, chemical peals, and the aging process in general just from simply wanting to know when new music will be released by this band. Irrelevant n' pointless is what I feel most comfortable discussing now. Axl made us this way.

on topic: I don't like his current cut.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

A whore for the limelight, as the real Axl Rose (last seen 2010) put it.

or smart marketing. Every little bit helps. It's also business. Slash is an icon and will become a legend so I guess he must have done something right.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can beat you,

 

 

I can beat both of you... I hope I'm allowed to post the following video due to the new YouTube policy on MyGNR

 

Having said that, Slash has hundred of collaborations. Most of them are pretty cool to awesome. Compared to the amount of guest appearances he did over the last decades, there are a few which you didn't would expect him doing and very few which are ... embarrassing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rovim said:

or smart marketing. Every little bit helps. It's also business. Slash is an icon and will become a legend so I guess he must have done something right.

It is not smart to become a sellout. And he is considered a legend, long before this, with gnr stuffs alone. There'd no need for this puff daddy/ tomorrowland dj bullshit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

It is not smart to become a sellout. And he is considered a legend, long before this, with gnr stuffs alone. There'd no need for this puff daddy/ tomorrowland dj bullshit.

I’ve heard slash say that he hates being bored and always tries to stay busy, and thats probably why he seems to sell out and do virtually anything. 

Edited by megaguns1982
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Does anyone else feel stuck in some weird bizarro Guns fan time warp gimmick? Every fucking day from 00-05 i'd check online first thing every day to see if there was an announcement that Chinese was about to be released or whatever. Same shit in 08. Generally here during tours anyway in case they swap out Patience for Don't Cry or whatever. But seriously, it's nearly 20 years later and i'm still checking here every day in case of Jesus. This fucking band. 

It really is a testament to how great this band are/were that any of us still give a shit at this point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

24 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

It is not smart to become a sellout. And he is considered a legend, long before this, with gnr stuffs alone. There'd no need for this puff daddy/ tomorrowland dj bullshit.

It's well known that boredom is a big enemy of sobriety. Though I'm sure there are more suited gigs out there:lol:

Edited by ArthurMorgan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I can beat both of you... I hope I'm allowed to post the following video due to the new YouTube policy on MyGNR

 

Having said that, Slash has hundred of collaborations. Most of them are pretty cool to awesome. Compared to the amount of guest appearances he did over the last decades, there are a few which you didn't would expect him doing and very few which are ... embarrassing.

That was probably the lowest point, I couldn't believe he was doing this song when I first heard it... Especially since the main solo could be played by anyone playing guitar for one year, there was no need for him to be in this.
On a happier note, since you mentioned Slash's other collaborations, Street Child by Elan is still one of his best solos in his catalogue and proves, what he is able to, when he just slows things down a bit, contrary to his playing on recent tours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

It is not smart to become a sellout. And he is considered a legend, long before this, with gnr stuffs alone. There'd no need for this puff daddy/ tomorrowland dj bullshit.

he used his name in such a way that made him bigger and known to more people from multiple generations. It wasn't just the work he did in Gn'R, it was things like Guitar Hero, playing with a lot of musicians  from more than just the rock genre like MJ for example, etc.

So he played with some questionable pop/rap artists. It's about not being forgotten and at the end of the day I think it helped his career more than it detracted from it.

there is no shame in getting paid. Gibson, Volkswagen, Black Death Vodka... it helps the bank account and people are reminded of the person who is selling it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Does anyone else feel stuck in some weird bizarro Guns fan time warp gimmick? Every fucking day from 00-05 i'd check online first thing every day to see if there was an announcement that Chinese was about to be released or whatever. Same shit in 08. Generally here during tours anyway in case they swap out Patience for Don't Cry or whatever. But seriously, it's nearly 20 years later and i'm still checking here every day in case of Jesus. This fucking band. 

It's quite a headache. One day we'll be rewarded! Maybe

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I think you never ear that !!!!!

 

Good grief. I've never seen that before - or heard of 'Chuckie'! 

Absolutely dreadful, obviously, but I suppose a bit of kudos should be given for trying something different! 

Absolutely right about him wanting to keep busy all the time....which (going back to thread topic) surely bodes well or SOME sort of new material at some point. Maybe. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moreblack said:

never stops, why would he?

 

While embarrassing, I’m thankful he’s not managed by TB, imagine the bullshit they’d be pushing him to do. I’m assuming Axl saw that Budweiser commercial and wisened up

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Good grief. I've never seen that before - or heard of 'Chuckie'! 

Absolutely dreadful, obviously, but I suppose a bit of kudos should be given for trying something different! 

Absolutely right about him wanting to keep busy all the time....which (going back to thread topic) surely bodes well or SOME sort of new material at some point. Maybe. 

It's a horror show. I hadn't seen that either. I still haven't as I looked away

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

never stops, why would he?

 

That NAMM Weekend looked fantastic. I'd never heard of it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...