The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, ThePreacher said:
JARMO BEING OPTIMISTIC PART 2000!! How will he defend them after this not happening at all? (also this)

"It's kinda hard to keep a secret these days to be able to pull off a surprise release.

But yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Maybe a teaser clip announcing it and then the full release some days later?

/jarmo"

He doesn't know anything.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

How is it difficult to keep a surprise release a secret? Other artists have done it recently. Big-name artists.

It's not hard at all, it's an excuse, like everything else we've ever heard from anyone associated with the band. 

• Like 3

New album should just be called suck my dick. And then fill it up with just covers,

3 versions of the seeker(live/studio/acoustic)

I got you (I feel good)

Black hole sun (for Chris version, 4 years and still mourning) 

Wichita Lineman

KOHD (GIMME SOME REGGAE EDITION) 

Slither (because why the fuck not) 

Japan deluxe edition bonus track:

Hit me baby one more time (britney spears cover) 

Wish You were here (live in houston 2016 because Axl's vocals were killer here) 

10 tracks. I don't know about y'all but I'll buy this shit and use the CD as frisbee

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

And shouldn't feature Slash, Duff, Frank, or Melissa ... As originally intended ;)

And on the cover there will be just a yellow raincoat and when you listen to it all you hear is Mickey. Best album ever made.

On 7/5/2021 at 1:24 AM, Sweersa said:

I expect Duff will replace most or all of Tommy's parts, and thus they will probably mix bass guitar higher than they did with 2008's CD (something I don't like about CD) so the mixes should be more like the Village stuff, through not as rough obviously.

And if they keep some Brain drums, and if we are lucky, a few Bucket solos, maybe a Robin solo or two if we are good boys and girls for Christmas, the next album may be a better album than it would be as it existed in 2008-2014.

Do you genuinely believe this nonsense or are you just on the wind up?! I will happily send you a case of beer if GNR release their next album featuring guitar work from Buckethead, Robin Finck, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, and Slash! 

As an aside, surely if you want to hear Buckethead solos, just buy a solo album?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Do you genuinely believe this nonsense or are you just on the wind up?! I will happily send you a case of beer if GNR release their next album featuring guitar work from Buckethead, Robin Finck, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, and Slash! 

As an aside, surely if you want to hear Buckethead solos, just buy a solo album?

Careful! I lost $50 to @Towelieonce by throwing around bets on this board!  😂 

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

Hahaha! I'll no ask too many questions! But a man who sticks to his word is worth his salt! 👏

Short version: I was CONVINCED that GN'R would be smart enough to release at least one new song by the end of 2016. 

I put $50 on it with Towelie and lost. I did pay him though. I made good on the bet and sent him the money via PayPal soon after the new year in 2017. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Short version: I was CONVINCED that GN'R would be smart enough to release at least one new song by the end of 2016. 

I put $50 on it with Towelie and lost. I did pay him though. I made good on the bet and sent him the money via PayPal soon after the new year in 2017. 

Good on ya pal. And to think here we are in mid 2021 with absolutely fuck all new material... ach it's game over on that front really.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

58 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I didn't say anything about Ron's guitars.

Nah, I like to hear Bucket with Axl.

It's possible we will heard songs with former guitarists on the next album. As far as how much, who knows. I don't believe Slash will be on all of it.

Time will tell. At the very least, older MP3s will suffice.

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I didn't say anything about Ron's guitars.

Nah, I like to hear Bucket with Axl.

It's possible we will heard songs with former guitarists on the next album. As far as how much, who knows. I don't believe Slash will be on all of it.

Time will tell. At the very least, older MP3s will suffice.

I think yer off yer head if ya believe that. But if Bucket and Robin are possible then so is Ron. And Chris Pitman. And Paul Tobias. This could go on!

On that note, I like Robin Finck. But I would rather an album with him entirely than some Frankenstein bullshit album.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I think yer off yer head if ya believe that. But if Bucket and Robin are possible then so is Ron. And Chris Pitman. And Paul Tobias. This could go on!

On that note, I like Robin Finck. But I would rather an album with him entirely than some Frankenstein bullshit album.

I think Axl likes Bucket and Robin. Ron, probably less, at most. So it's my assumption he (and likely DJ too) will not be included.

Well if CD is any indicator, this next album was probably frankenstein as it existed in 2008-2014 or whatever. So regardless who plays on what, I doubt it will be cleaned up (less bloated) by the new band, not entirely anyways. 

I think we will get what we did with CD, but to a greater extent, where at it's heart it's the album it was in '99-2004, but with the new boys (at the time) pasted in there in places, like what they did with Bumble and Frank, but since it's Slash and Duff, they will have a greater presence than the aforementioned.  Adding parts, re-recording parts, replacing parts, etc. I don't expect each song to be entirely re-worked by the current lineup, but I do accept this is a possibility. I think (and hope) some songs will be left alone from the CD era, and others to be changed. Bucket's parts on Soul Monster are irreplaceable IMO. Maybe we will get one or two actual new songs, but I doubt that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I think Axl likes Bucket and Robin. Ron, probably less, at most. So it's my assumption he (and likely DJ too) will not be included.

Well if CD is any indicator, this next album was probably frankenstein as it existed in 2008-2014 or whatever. So regardless who plays on what, I doubt it will be cleaned up (less bloated) by the new band, not entirely anyways. 

I think we will get what we did with CD, but to a greater extent, where at it's heart it's the album it was in '99-2004, but with the new boys (at the time) pasted in there in places, like what they did with Bumble and Frank, but since it's Slash and Duff, they will have a greater presence than the aforementioned.  Adding parts, re-recording parts, replacing parts, etc. I don't expect each song to be entirely re-worked by the current lineup, but I do accept this is a possibility. I think (and hope) some songs will be left alone from the CD era, and others to be changed. Bucket's parts on Soul Monster are irreplaceable IMO. Maybe we will get one or two actual new songs, but I doubt that. 

No offence but I don't think you get how sound recording works. What you have described there is difficult. CD mixing process is testament to that. Your logic doesn't make sense either. Why use only recordings from Bucket and Robin but not Ron and DJ? Your consistent view on this just confuses me no end. Which is why I can't conclude if you're just on the wind up or not. But hey ho, I'll shout ya a beer if yer right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

No offence but I don't think you get how sound recording works. What you have described there is difficult. CD mixing process is testament to that. Your logic doesn't make sense either. Why use only recordings from Bucket and Robin but not Ron and DJ? Your consistent view on this just confuses me no end. Which is why I can't conclude if you're just on the wind up or not. But hey ho, I'll shout ya a beer if yer right.

I'm spoiled with the craft (snob) beer in Michigan, but thanks!

My thought process cannot be explained. I guess we will just need to wait to find out. ;) 

20 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

My thought process cannot be explained. I guess we will just need to wait to find out. ;) 

You'll be sent a pack o' Tennents Lager fae Scotland and be happy wae it, alright!? Hahah!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

You'll be sent a pack o' Tennents Lager fae Scotland and be happy wae it, alright!? Hahah!

I'll take it! I mostly drink for the effect, like what I'm doing right now. Hahaha

Thanks for your generosity. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

What's your favorite brewery 'round these parts?