The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

That one guy from GnREvo who has apparently been proven right about different things in the past said a few months back that they were aiming for Q4 of this year to drop new music. That would line up with the Oceania and new SA dates. Nevertheless, you’d think they’d drop a single right around now, just as the US tour is about to start, to ramp things up a bit. The fact that we haven’t heard a single note of anything yet this close to the US tour leads me to believe that whatever plans they may have had earlier this year have been scrapped (but what else is new?).

I guess if there’s one glimmer of hope it’s that troc kinda hinted the other day that they’re planning to push the UYI box out to next year (like they did for the AFD box). That would suggest that they’re making room for new music this year instead. Or maybe they’re just lazy and need more time to put the UYI box together. Who knows?

I suppose another thing to remember is that Faith No More reunited in 2009, but it took them until 2015 to finally release Sol Invictus. That’s six years, whereas NITL has been going on for five years so far. But I know I’m grasping at straws here and that nothing is ever gonna happen. Just figured that was all worth mentioning, is all.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

That one guy from GnREvo who has apparently been proven right about different things in the past said a few months back that they were aiming for Q4 of this year to drop new music. That would line up with the Oceania and new SA dates. Nevertheless, you’d think they’d drop a single right around now, just as the US tour is about to start, to ramp things up a bit. The fact that we haven’t heard a single note of anything yet this close to the US tour leads me to believe that whatever plans they may have had earlier this year have been scrapped (but what else is new?).

I guess if there’s one glimmer of hope it’s that troc kinda hinted the other day that they’re planning to push the UYI box out to next year (like they did for the AFD box). That would suggest that they’re making room for new music this year instead. Or maybe they’re just lazy and need more time to put the UYI box together. Who knows?

I suppose another thing to remember is that Faith No More reunited in 2009, but it took them until 2015 to finally release Sol Invictus. That’s six years, whereas NITL has been going on for five years so far. But I know I’m grasping at straws here and that nothing is ever gonna happen. Just figured that was all worth mentioning, is all.

:rofl-lol: "new music"

45 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Sp1at said they were hoping to have an album "ready" by Q4. As the Chinese Democracy saga shows, Axl having an album ready has no real correlation to its release date.

• GNFNR 1

One thing that puzzles me….if the hold-up is Axl as many suspect (insecurities/perfectionism etc) then to me that doesn’t really correlate with the opinion he is on ‘meds’ as surely if he WAS then he’d be more inclined to release whatever music they have than if he wasn’t - just being in a better place/levelled out should surely lead to music being more likely?

Maybe he isn’t on meds after all? Maybe he is and it’s actually all ready to go and it’s other stuff holding up the release?

Just thinking out loud. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Only if it's Sex Action. Hell, let's get that re recorded too. 

The current lineup could do a rerecording of the 1st LA Guns album and maybe a couple songs from C&L as well :lol:

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

There's still time for a single before the tour or near the beginning of it. I guess we'll have to see if any billboards start showing up.

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

What has happened is what many predicted, Axl has decided to use the pandemic as an excuse to center the next tour around "GNR is back" as opposed to "The Next Chapter". What a pathetic, insecure "artist".

100%

• Like 1

ust occurred to me this morning... next year is 2022. That's 20 years since the classic GNR lineup played the MTV VMAs. How friggin' cool would it be if the current lineup played tribute to this legendary performance by re-creating the entire performance. Axl could get the braids back. Those oversized NFL jerseys might be quite tight now but he should have enough pennies in the piggy bank from the NITL tour to get a new one. It would be cool if Slash could pay homage to Buckethead by wearing an upside down KFC bucket instead of the top hat. That would be a nice touch for the casual fans as well. Just putting it oot there... 

Waddya think?! :P 

Edited by 19AT5

40 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Just occurred to me this morning... next year is 2022. That's 20 years since the classic GNR lineup played the MTV VMAs. How friggin' cool would it be if the current lineup played tribute to this legendary performance by re-creating the entire performance. Axl could get the braids back. Those oversized NFL jerseys might be quite tight now but he should have enough pennies in the piggy bank from the NITL tour to get a new one. It would be cool if Slash could pay homage to Buckethead by wearing an upside down KFC bucket instead of the top hat. That would be a nice touch for the casual fans as well. Just putting it oot there... 

Waddya think?! :P 

I think you're drunk

• Like 3

Q4 release is what we’re clinging to now? This band is so lame. Drop “Hard School” at midnight prior to the first show of the tour. Then open with it.

It’s really not that difficult. 

Edited by GnR Chris

13 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Q4 release is what we’re clinging to now? This band is so lame. Drop “Hard School” at midnight prior to the first show of the tour. Then open with it.

No. A new song. From Axl - Slash - Duff. Or something from the old days by these guys at worst. Put HS on the album, but the single must testify about the actual band members, the current state of affairs, their creative ability, etc. 

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No. A new song. From Axl - Slash - Duff. Or something from the old days by these guys at worst. Put HS on the album, but the single must testify about the actual band members, the current state of affairs, their creative ability, etc. 

Assuming actual new material from the current lineup exists.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Depends on if Hardschool really originates from the mid-90s sessions…?

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Assuming actual new material from the current lineup exists.

I've been assuming so, yes. :) 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Depends on if Hardschool really originates from the mid-90s sessions…?

To me, it's a NuGNR song and in any case not associated with Slash. 

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

It's disrespectful to put out music while there are fires in the US and Canada. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Still waiting for those new tunes Mrs. McKagan......

I don't blame Sue at all.  She hasn't been around for a minute and, like many of us, thought they'd be able to crank out an album after the initial success of the tour.  But, ya know, Axl. <_<