The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

ust occurred to me this morning... next year is 2022. That's 20 years since the classic GNR lineup played the MTV VMAs. How friggin' cool would it be if the current lineup played tribute to this legendary performance by re-creating the entire performance. Axl could get the braids back. Those oversized NFL jerseys might be quite tight now but he should have enough pennies in the piggy bank from the NITL tour to get a new one. It would be cool if Slash could pay homage to Buckethead by wearing an upside down KFC bucket instead of the top hat. That would be a nice touch for the casual fans as well. Just putting it oot there... 

Waddya think?! :P 

Ew

4888d9eb25d160796348454771171253.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

I’m with you….history is on our side too

I can believe that Slash & Duff maybe put some parts down on things that were already recorded, but I do not believe at all that they started on something fresh and recorded together. 

10 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

I can believe that Slash & Duff maybe put some parts down on things that were already recorded, but I do not believe at all that they started on something fresh and recorded together. 

I'm pretty sure this is right on the money. Throw Slash and Duff on a few songs and call CD2 good.

Bucket and Robin's work will be praised and perceived as Slash's work. :D

Slash and Duff mentioned Axl's vault a million times in 2018/2019, and never once mentioned new songs they had composed together. What frightens me a little is when Niven says Slash told him Axl is picking out the CD era songs that should be on the next album. This worries me because some of the heavier/Bucket material like Shackler's has been dropped live since Slash returned. Axl may pick out songs like Hardschool/Atlas and leave songs like Soul Monster in the vault, never to be heard because they don't fit Slash's style.

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Slash and Duff mentioned Axl's vault a million times in 2018/2019, and never once mentioned new songs they had composed together. What frightens me a little is when Niven says Slash told him Axl is picking out the CD era songs that should be on the next album. This worries me because some of the heavier/Bucket material like Shackler's has been dropped live since Slash returned. Axl may pick out songs like Hardschool/Atlas and leave songs like Soul Monster in the vault, never to be heard because they don't fit Slash's style.

I definitely want to hear Soul Monster after what we heard of Me and My Elvis on the Village sessions. I still hope for The General too, no matter how unlikely that would be given its genesis. Wasn't it meant to be the sequel to Estranged? Always possible it could make the cut because of that.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

5 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I think the reason Shackler's is not played live has more to do with Slash's abilities and preferences as a guitarist than that it's a hard rocker. It could also be a coincidence, there are other CD songs they haven't played yet. 

10 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

I'm gonna go one step further than some of you and say they haven't even recorded yet.

I would doubt whether it has ever even seriously been discussed really. I'm of the view now that a new album is just total fantasy. Until I see or hear concrete proof to the contrary (by this I mean photos from a recording studio/new music/a release date....not vague and elusive comments in interviews about other topics) that would seem to be, given past experiences, the only thinking people should have. Anything else is either wilfully delusional or wishing thinking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I would doubt whether it has ever even seriously been discussed really. I'm of the view now that a new album is just total fantasy. Until I see or hear concrete proof to the contrary (by this I mean photos from a recording studio/new music/a release date....not vague and elusive comments in interviews about other topics) that would seem to be, given past experiences, the only thinking people should have. Anything else is either wilfully delusional or wishing thinking. 

Yeah - they may have messed around in the studio together or something, but I doubt it was ever even in the cards. While they may be getting along now their creative differences probably still remain. I just can't see Axl wanting to do a straight ahead rock album and I can't see Slash wanting to make a heavy, industrial-inspired album. 

12 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

This worries me because some of the heavier/Bucket material like Shackler's has been dropped live since Slash returned. Axl may pick out songs like Hardschool/Atlas and leave songs like Soul Monster in the vault, never to be heard because they don't fit Slash's style.

Ugh, that is a scary thought. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think the reason Shackler's is not played live has more to do with Slash's abilities and preferences as a guitarist than that it's a hard rocker. It could also be a coincidence, there are other CD songs they haven't played yet. 

It would be cool to watch Slash playing with a Drop C tuned guitar. Besides that, I think this song would be pretty good with his style, as he wouldn't be bothered to play Bumblefoot's solo anyways. And from my own experience, he could play it and sound not that far from the original in a regular fretted guitar, it's doable. 

22 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It would be cool to watch Slash playing with a Drop C tuned guitar. Besides that, I think this song would be pretty good with his style, as he wouldn't be bothered to play Bumblefoot's solo anyways. And from my own experience, he could play it and sound not that far from the original in a regular fretted guitar, it's doable. 

I bet Richard could handle the difficult guitar parts in Shackler's Revenge.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

He's an excellent guitarist, but I'm not sure I like how he handle (cutting corners) the sweep picking stuff from Bucket in Better. 

Perhaps that's the best he can do. From a technical standpoint, isn't Richard a better candidate for the Bucket parts than Slash? Obviously neither are Bumblefoot level.

17 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Perhaps that's the best he can do. From a technical standpoint, isn't Richard a better candidate for the Bucket parts than Slash? Obviously neither are Bumblefoot level.

I don't know, I honestly believe both could play almost any solo on CD with a bit of real work. I'm being realistic, the main solos are not as crazy as some leads.

As from what Richard can do, I don't know, it seems like he plays it safe in stuff like Better. I do like how he plays Chinese.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't know, I honestly believe both could play almost any solo on CD with a bit of real work. I'm being realistic, the main solos are not as crazy as some leads.

As from what Richard can do, I don't know, it seems like he plays it safe in stuff like Better. I do like how he plays Chinese.

Yes, his Chinese solo is fantastic! 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, ThePreacher said:

I could swear I saw Sp1at posting something about everything being done but Axl being difficult with record company. And I mean over a year ago. Can't find that post anymore. 

You did. IIRC the claim was that the record company basically laughed at Axl’s promo demand