The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Wow it’s been a long time since I posted here and things haven’t changed at all.

At this point, I have no hope or expectations for a new GnR album and, honesty, I think there’s a very slim chance any new music made by this reunion line-up could be any good. Not a fan of anything Slash has released since Contraband, with the exceptions of a few songs like By The Sword, Anastasia, Shots Fired and Not For Me. Chinese Democracy, on the other hand, hasn’t aged well for me, with the top tier songs such as TWAT, CITR and Prostitute still remaining as some of my all time favorite GnR songs but the others faded into tracks I usually skip when they accidentally come on. The rest of the band, including Duff, don’t really have solid songwriting abilities so.. yeah. Low expectations. They seem to have become this weird caricature of themselves with Axl posting every single message replacing “and” with “N’”, Slash turning into some kind of Gene Simmons figure and Team Brazil posting corny shit like the neon “we’re fkn back!” Stuff. 

Sorry guys, just blowing off steam. I mean.. couldn’t they have released a damn single by now? And I see people saying Axl doesn’t wanna disrespect Iron Maiden… guys… for Christ’s Sake. Since GnR’s last album, Iron Maiden has released 2 albums has announced a third one, with Bruce treating cancer in the midst of all this and six live albums, including a movie. Do you really think Iron Maiden would give a shit? 

Are people saying Axl isn't releasing an album because Maiden are releasing one? if so, get your fucking heads out of your asses! has to be the most ludicrous thimg I've heard on here in a LONG time! Axl also has no issue in disrespecting Maiden he's not a fan.

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

And what the hell do you know. 

As much as the rest of us, but there are a lot of people "close to the camp" that also doubt the prospect of anything getting officially released. Who knows anymore! I guess we all thought Chinese was never going to come out... hopefully music comes out before we all collectively quit gnr. We need a positive to offset all the shit!

To try and alleviate the doom and gloom round here….the new Maiden album was recorded in early 2019!!! So they have held it for a while before releasing - all part of the Covid strategy as Bruce puts it. So for those folk who still think an album could be released/has been recorded but held back etc….here is an example of a major band recording and keeping it (most folk knew they were working on it but early 2019 is a surprise to most folk).

The new Maiden single is terrible but the album art is absolutely awesome.

Edited by DTJ80

2 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

And what the hell do you know. 

Just reading back to the archives and finding the same 'is there is there not going to be a new album' threads.  Apart from that I KNOW nothing just simply surmising from observation.  I sincerely hope I am wrong.  Sorry if I have offended you not intended.

The one glimmer of hope I have, is the fact that Slash and Duff actually reworked Hardschool, from what we heard from the soundcheck leak. So they have worked on new music, well, officially unreleased music. So maybe they have been working behind the scenes on other stuff too.

The one thing that makes me question it all still, is the fact that quotes from Slash and Duff from 25 years ago sound exactly the same, and nothing came from those sessions either. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

The one glimmer of hope I have, is the fact that Slash and Duff actually reworked Hardschool, from what we heard from the soundcheck leak. So they have worked on new music, well, officially unreleased music. So maybe they have been working behind the scenes on other stuff too.

That doesn’t prove anything. That intro could’ve been already in a hypothetical 2006 or 2014 version. Remember we heard a really old demo from more than 20 years ago.

And even if Slash and Duff really worked on it, that doesn’t prove anything either. They “worked” on the Better intro too (even if it’s stolen from the bridge of the song).

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

That doesn’t prove anything. That intro could’ve been already in a hypothetical 2006 or 2014 version. Remember we heard a really old demo from more than 20 years ago.

And even if Slash and Duff really worked on it, that doesn’t prove anything either. They “worked” on the Better intro too (even if it’s stolen from the bridge of the song).

Yeah, but the difference is that Better has been released, and Hardschool hasn’t. So the fact that an unreleased song was soundchecked, to me, I see that as a positive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Yeah, but the difference is that Better has been released, and Hardschool hasn’t. So the fact that an unreleased song was soundchecked, to me, I see that as a positive.

But don't hold your breath on it. Slash has already began working on the new SMKC record and will probably release it as early as this year. I don't think Slash will release anything that will coincide with Axl's plans. Take that as an indication on Axl's plans on ever releasing anything new.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It's constant kicking down the road - when nothing happens around the US tour, it's 'oh it will happen in Europe'. When that doesn't happen it will be 'well, they're waiting to do a full world tour, these were clearly just inbetween shows' and so it goes on. And on. 

Each new leg people assume the new album is coming. When it doesn't they just move on to waiting for the next leg. Eventually they get drained, drop off the cycle of expectation and take the stance that there actually isn't a new album. 

I'm quite amazed anyone is still on the cycle of expectation really. It's a definite testament to either human resilience or human naivety, depending on how generous you're being!

It's been like that for the last decade at least, in 2010 people were saying 'surely they'll release the follow-up by 2012', then by 2012 it was 'there's no way they won't release anything before 2014-15', and so on... I think most people who say there's no new album would love to be proven wrong, but at some point it's just best to accept that it likely isn't gonna happen.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Someone needs to leak The General asap :axl:

I'm not convinced The General exists outside of the band and close associates.

Soul Monster... is out there and I'd very much like to hear it with the Bucket parts before it is molested by the current lineup. (Same goes for the rest of CD2)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm not convinced The General exists outside of the band and close associates.

Soul Monster... is out there and I'd very much like to hear it with the Bucket parts before it is molested by the current lineup. (Same goes for the rest of CD2)

1.Is there anything you can reveal about how you know Soul Monster is "out there"?

2.Have you ever heard anything about Oklahoma/Berlin? I remember it wasn't on that list of songs meant for CD II you had last year.

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

But don't hold your breath on it. Slash has already began working on the new SMKC record and will probably release it as early as this year. I don't think Slash will release anything that will coincide with Axl's plans. Take that as an indication on Axl's plans on ever releasing anything new.

I don't think it'll be this year because he'll be busy with GnR through November. Early next year could be a possibility though; get in a little tour before GnR starts again in June.

Didn’t Slash say last year that he expected new music from both SMKC and GN’R to come out in 2021?

Obviously Slash doesn’t have the final say on GN’R, but he didn’t seem to think that releasing one would rule out the other. 

7 hours ago, Cosmo said:

And I see people saying Axl doesn’t wanna disrespect Iron Maiden… guys… for Christ’s Sake.

That's nothing more than a running gag and nobody believes this. That’s because of Fernando who tried first to excuse the lack of new music with the George Floyd riots and then with the pandemic.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's nothing more than a running gag and nobody believes this. That’s because of Fernando who tried first to excuse the lack of new music with the George Floyd riots and then with the pandemic.

I wouldn't pressure Nando into making another excuse. Cut him some slack...

The guy just released the much anticipated GN'R Bongs for fuck's sake. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

They said the same when AC/DC released new music last year. GNR: THE MOST CONSIDERATE BAND IN THE WORLD.

Shoutout to all the bands in the world. Stop releasing music so we can have new GnR album. We are desperate.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Are you saying he's making a follow up to his currently unreleased album? The one he was shooting videos for a month ago? Or am I misinterpreting you?

10 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

1.Is there anything you can reveal about how you know Soul Monster is "out there"?

2.Have you ever heard anything about Oklahoma/Berlin? I remember it wasn't on that list of songs meant for CD II you had last year.

Brodie / L!VE FREE (he disappeared or passed away) talked about it years ago. He has referred to it as both Leave Me Alone, and Soul Monster later on, probably after Axl mentioned the titles. MSL tricked him into getting the version of Shackler's Revenge that leaked. Brodie was a music executive, so he had connections, but also did some trading. I have reason to believe he had most, if not all of what was CD2 at the time.

As far as Berlin, I have not heard anything. A few other tracks are missing, such as Seven, and Zodiac 13, and Quick Song, if I recall correctly. That means they either exist under a different title on that list, or were not intended to be on the second album at that time (early 2008) perhaps some were shuffled between the first CD (since we see Catcher on there) and/or 3rd CD.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

To try and alleviate the doom and gloom round here….the new Maiden album was recorded in early 2019!!! So they have held it for a while before releasing - all part of the Covid strategy as Bruce puts it. So for those folk who still think an album could be released/has been recorded but held back etc….here is an example of a major band recording and keeping it (most folk knew they were working on it but early 2019 is a surprise to most folk).

The new Maiden single is terrible but the album art is absolutely awesome.

Do you think that? I really like it, and I haven't listened to Iron Maiden in a long time. Will probably make me buy the new album! 

Artwork is excellent, I agree. Some of their covers veer into 'naff' I think, but this one is great. 

Edited by allwaystired

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Are you saying he's making a follow up to his currently unreleased album? The one he was shooting videos for a month ago? Or am I misinterpreting you?

I may be late, damn so it's a finished record. 

Edited by GoForJMark

15 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I may be late, damn so it's a finished record. 

Yeah pretty sure he's wrapped it up? They were shooting a video for a song so I assume everything's recorded and mixed.