Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

On 7/14/2021 at 4:18 PM, ThePreacher said:

I could swear I saw Sp1at posting something about everything being done but Axl being difficult with record company. And I mean over a year ago. Can't find that post anymore. 

You did. IIRC the claim was that the record company basically laughed at Axl’s promo demand 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

You did. IIRC the claim was that the record company basically laughed at Axl’s promo demand 

Wasnt that the troll from GnFnR who claimed that bullshit? Pretty sure the GnREvo guy never said anything like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ThePreacher said:

Iron Maiden just released new single. Hardschool was supposed to drop tomorrow but they want to respect Bruce?

Was just coming here to talk about the Maiden release. Imagine a band actually releasing new music during these times. Very disrespectful :lol:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Iron Maiden just released new single. Hardschool was supposed to drop tomorrow but they want to respect Bruce?

I was really hyped for whatever was going to be announced (hoped for an album) but I’m actually shocked at how bad the song is. Gutted. They still get respect for creating and releasing stuff though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I was really hyped for whatever was going to be announced (hoped for an album) but I’m actually shocked at how bad the song is. Gutted. They still get respect for creating and releasing stuff though.

I disagree. IMO, it’s great to hear Maiden putting out another solid effort :headbang:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I disagree. IMO, it’s great to hear Maiden putting out another solid effort :headbang:

Love maiden but Bruce hasnt been the same after that throat cancer he had. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I disagree. IMO, it’s great to hear Maiden putting out another solid effort :headbang:

I realise I’m in the minority judging by online reactions - although I’d caveat that with Maiden being unable to do any wrong in most fans eyes.

Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death were excellent (BNW is a brilliant album) but have found the other ‘reunion’ albums patchy at best.

They have grown though and the majority still love what they do so all power to them.

If only GNR had a reunion album to discuss….🙁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, vloors said:

Love maiden but Bruce hasnt been the same after that throat cancer he had. 

True, but I don’t need another Number of the Beast or Somewhere in Time. Personally, I just think it’s amazing they’re still going strong after all these years. I really appreciate the effort they put into their shows.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I realise I’m in the minority judging by online reactions - although I’d caveat that with Maiden being unable to do any wrong in most fans eyes.

Brave New World and A Matter of Life and Death were excellent (BNW is a brilliant album) but have found the other ‘reunion’ albums patchy at best.

They have grown though and the majority still love what they do so all power to them.

If only GNR had a reunion album to discuss….🙁

Well that’s the thing. None of AC/DC’s albums since For Those About To Rock have lived up to that quality outside of maybe a best of compilation of Rock or Bust and Black Ice, but they still put out quality music that their fans eat up. Me included. Slash wanted to release a rock n roll album in 95/96. And he had the music and a ton of lyrics done to do it. Add a song or two from Duff and it’s done. They could have released a new album every 2-3 years and continued to be at the top of the rock world :shrugs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 8:10 PM, DTV88 said:

True, but I don’t need another Number of the Beast or Somewhere in Time. Personally, I just think it’s amazing they’re still going strong after all these years. I really appreciate the effort they put into their shows.

Somewhere In Time is my absolute favourite Maiden album - criminally overlooked because of being wedged between Powerslave and SSOASS. I don’t think vocally Dickinson was ever better.  I’ve not seen Maiden since the AMOLAD tour - but thinking of checking them out next year purely because there may not be many more opportunities AND as you say, they always put on a top gig.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, DTV88 said:

Well that’s the thing. None of AC/DC’s albums since For Those About To Rock have lived up to that quality outside of maybe a best of compilation of Rock or Bust and Black Ice, but they still put out quality music that their fans eat up. Me included. Slash wanted to release a rock n roll album in 95/96. And he had the music and a ton of lyrics done to do it. Add a song or two from Duff and it’s done. They could have released a new album every 2-3 years and continued to be at the top of the rock world :shrugs:

If only GNR had a Rod Smallwood in charge….things would have been very different.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The Killers put out a new album just ahead of the pandemic and the tour inevitably got postponed. What did they do while they weren't touring? Recorded another album. They just announced its release date and will now be touring behind both albums in the new year.

What a bunch of disrespectful cowards.

I hope they have their mojo back…Hot Fuss and Sams Town were brilliant. Day and Age and Sawdust were decent but then after that it’s been a horror show.

I did really like that ‘The Man’ song from a few years ago TBF.

Edited by DTJ80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, DTJ80 said:

I was really hyped for whatever was going to be announced (hoped for an album) but I’m actually shocked at how bad the song is. Gutted. They still get respect for creating and releasing stuff though.

I loved the song and The Book of Souls…would be absolutely happy if Axl could reproduce GnR like Maiden does, without losing their style but sounding somehow mature and fresh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Foo Fighters, I mean the Dee Gees just released a record. It's gonna be another NITL type tour coming for GNR lol

It sounds great too, I don't really like the Bee Gees that much (mainly I'm just sick of hearing those songs) but FF did a good job of covering them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I loved the song and The Book of Souls…would be absolutely happy if Axl could reproduce GnR like Maiden does, without losing their style but sounding somehow mature and fresh

The Book of Souls title track is stellar (the middle part is very Powerslave-like) but the only one I ever listen to off that album.

I totally respect them growing and changing and for the most part it seems most fans still like what they do….I just find it a bit boring and ‘not very Maiden’. But at least they are still a creative entity unlike GNR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...