The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

True, but "The Next Chapter" hasn't been dropped entirely. In some ads (mostly TV/YouTube), they have used both.

Those Youtube/TV ads aren't being made by the band, they are venues/promoters recycling advertisements from last year and simply changing the dates.

• Like 2

That 'The Next Chapter' thing wasn't worth the ink it was typed on anyway really. No-one bought into that did they, really? 

I do wonder a bit though if the move back up to being booked in stadiums might have been prompted by promises made about something like a new album though. Otherwise it seems a very weird decision for a promoter to make, given they weren't selling out Arenas for a load of runs previously. 

Wild speculation of course on my front. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly that is why I am seriously considering trying my hand at selling my tickets for the LA show and going to see The Black Crowes (well, Chris and RIch Robinson with hired hands but still) instead the same night lol.  I would rather see some different musical experiences than a vocally worse show I already saw back in 2016

The Black Crows? They have recorded the same song 400 times. Should be a fun show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

The Black Crows? They have recorded the same song 400 times. Should be a fun show.

They have a decent few albums. And crucially, they have a singer who can still deliver the goods live. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly that is why I am seriously considering trying my hand at selling my tickets for the LA show and going to see The Black Crowes (well, Chris and RIch Robinson with hired hands but still) instead the same night lol.  I would rather see some different musical experiences than a vocally worse show I already saw back in 2016

going to see the Black Crowes this weekend. The look and sound great! Their bassist is back onboard too. He isn't the original but he has been there since the  90's..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Firepower? Amazing. Best thing priest has come out with for decades. Amazing production, songwriting and execution. Better than any post-reunion Maiden album and I really like them. 

And Book of Souls is really solid. Could be a bit shorter and more to the point but a strong record.

Firepower is one of my favorite metal albums of the past decade. The guitars sound like they are in the room

17 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Firepower? Amazing. Best thing priest has come out with for decades. Amazing production, songwriting and execution. Better than any post-reunion Maiden album and I really like them. 

And Book of Souls is really solid. Could be a bit shorter and more to the point but a strong record.

Hmm - it’s good but not sure it’s Brave New World good. In my humble opinion. 🤣

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Firepower is one of my favorite metal albums of the past decade. The guitars sound like they are in the room

I think I’m right in saying it was Andy Sneap with production duties helped by Bruce Alomn who was Priest’s long-time producer in the hey-day?

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

going to see the Black Crowes this weekend. The look and sound great! Their bassist is back onboard too. He isn't the original but he has been there since the  90's..

BC isn't much better imo, but the best part about that tour is the opener (Dirty Honey).

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Spectre, Never The Heroes, No Surrender, Evil Never Dies, all up their with Priest's best. Firepower truly might be the best album ever for a band their age.

Yeah I really like Firepower too, great songs and playing.

11 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Maybe The Black Crows recorded the same song 400 times but The Black Crowes are IMO fairly varied :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hope you have a kickass time!  Yeah I was honestly pleasantly suprised at the sound of the videos of their Nashville show this week.  It is sad that a "nu-Crowes" lineup with the Robinsons pulling a "2002 Axl" and pulling together hired hands (and the old bassist) for a tour is more exciting than GNR with Slash and Duff back

• Like 1

13 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That 'The Next Chapter' thing wasn't worth the ink it was typed on anyway really. No-one bought into that did they, really? 

I do wonder a bit though if the move back up to being booked in stadiums might have been prompted by promises made about something like a new album though. Otherwise it seems a very weird decision for a promoter to make, given they weren't selling out Arenas for a load of runs previously. 

Wild speculation of course on my front. 

And it wouldn't even be the first time "TEAM GNR" had misled promoters that an impending album was imminent to get their money.  Merck literally copped to it in his 2006 open letter. Some things never change I guess.

Looks like whatever clout was gained from the NITL tour is being used to dupe promoters and fans alike...again. Spooky how this keeps happening.

Edited by sofine11

21 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Spectre, Never The Heroes, No Surrender, Evil Never Dies, all up their with Priest's best. Firepower truly might be the best album ever for a band their age.

Completely agree. What an album. 

• Like 1

"We're FN Back" sounds like someone let a seventh-grader name the tour.

"Not in This Lifetime" was a cool tour name till it lasted for four years.

"The Next Chapter" was also stupid, especially since we all know there wasn't gonna be a record. Maybe they would have played "Hard School," like, once or twice near the tail end of the tour.

I know it's a crazy concept,  but how about announcing the name of a forthcoming album and using it as the name of the upcoming tour? You know, normal-people type of stuff?

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, MaskingApathy said:

BC isn't much better imo, but the best part about that tour is the opener (Dirty Honey).

I made a point to get in there for Dirty Honey and they kind of sucked.  The Black Crowes aren't one of my favorite bands but they are good and out on a kick ass show.  Their new guitarist ripped..

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I made a point to get in there for Dirty Honey and they kind of sucked.  The Black Crowes aren't one of my favorite bands but they are good and out on a kick ass show.  Their new guitarist ripped..

there are 8 good to great The Black Crowes albums imo. The classic lineup was a great rock band with a charismatic and talented frontman. They are kinda ridiculous in how they've handled the band but they were the real deal. Can't really say that about most derivative bands that haven't proved yet they have enough in them to deliver what TBC did, artistically.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

What about them sucked?