The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Slash is typically “vague” about everything. If anything is planned he’s not going to announce it in an interview with an online guitar magazine. It’s either going to happen or it’s not. But his comments mean absolutely nothing. 

Except that is almost exactly how this reunion first reared itself, in that interview when Slash said he was talking to Axl, and that set everything going.

3 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Except that is almost exactly how this reunion first reared itself, in that interview when Slash said he was talking to Axl, and that set everything going.

Right but he didn’t announce anything. Saying stuff is recorded is the equivalent to him saying he was talking with Axl. It’s a vague insinuation that stuff is ready. It’s just a matter of getting it out there. 

4 minutes ago, koldweather said:

The thing I am really curious about, with that one Slash interview from 2015 way before the reunion, was how/why it occurred

Did the interviewer have connections to GNR where he heard the rumors of Slash and Axl getting along and asked Slash about it just taking a risk? Did Slash ask the interviewer to ask him about it so he could slip it in?

The fact Slash randomly dropped that piece of info seemingly out of nowhere, long before any reunion announcement, really seemed just odd to me lol

1 minute ago, djones1225 said:

I'm thinking Fernando meant years instead of months. So guys you've heard here first but.... New GNR album coming 2025/2026.

Well Grandma's Hamster will be long dead until then... 

Meanwhile in another universe... 

UYI III gets released 1994

Chinese Democracy gets released 2000

PRL gets released 2002 

Chinese Democracy III gets released 2004

Classic GNR reunion with new album 2006

If only. Lol Why does this band have to be so complicated with music... 😂

20 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

Meanwhile in another universe... 

UYI III gets released 1994

Chinese Democracy gets released 2000

PRL gets released 2002 

Chinese Democracy III gets released 2004

Classic GNR reunion with new album 2006

If only. Lol Why does this band have to be so complicated with music... 😂

Here's another universe:

Use Your Illusion Live Album + Perfect Crime Documentary 1994

GNR's 5 O'clock Somewhere 1995

Tour '95 - '97

Duff Mckagan Solo Album 1999

Axl Rose Solo Album 2000

Slash Solo Album 2001

New GNR Album 2003

• Like 1

Bullshit. Duff and Slash have been putting out records before and even after this reunion. Who knows what ridiculous grand plan Axl has for this albums release and promotion but it's going to drag out the release forever. I would think the topic of a music video might be an issue, but putting out the record itself is no rocket science ffs.

• Like 2

Slash HAD to know how stupid he’d sound saying that, and the reaction it would get from people. Like someone said in here earlier, it almost seems too incredulous to be real. Almost to the point that I believe he said it intentionally to get this reaction, so as to make the surprise of a single/album even bigger since we’ve all got our hopes down (and yet...I still consider myself one of the more optimistic ones, ha). 

Probably not, but I’m honestly just so baffled by his comments that I can’t seem to comprehend otherwise. 

Edited by GNRfanJen
  • Like 1

Slash's comments are indicative how much concern the band and management have for the new material being stolen/leaked/pirated. They are not in the business to give away new music, nor should any artist be.

I continue to be alternately baffled and angered by those who grew up downloading music from places like Limewire. So many people on this site who heard the leaked songs from a few months back, and then question or mock the lack of new material being officially released.

And you wonder when the band does play a show near you, why it costs an arm, a leg, and a firstborn child to get a ticket.

God damn, this pisses me off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Exactly. And this 'oh, there's no point in releasing traditional albums' anymore line is such crap. Bands that play 200 capacity venues still manage to record and release albums, on the limited budgets they have!  

If anything with home recording studios and the ability to upload and stream your content its far cheaper than releasing albums in the past.

Why would you waste both time and money recording if you dont bother releasing it anyway??

Edited by vloors

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash said this 4 months ago (in September):

-----

Slash also talked about whether GUNS N' ROSES fans can expect to see new music from the band in the form of standalone singles or as a full-length record. He explained: "I think at the end of the day, everybody wants to have a full album released. I don't think that's really changed all that much. But there's a different way of putting stuff out initially nowadays more so than… I mean, there's always been the single, but now you sort of look at that preliminary release a little bit differently now. All things considered, it's like the Wild West out there; there is no formula for any of it. [Laughs] I haven't seen any routine kind of thing that works. I mean, you can do any one of a million different things to releasing a record. But at the end of the day, I think that we will ultimately release a full album."

http://www.a-4-d.com/t4222-2019-09-09-sirius-xm-trunk-nation-interview-with-slash

The most recent comment is effectively a rehash of this one, just with more detail. It throws a wrench in the March rumours, but it doesn't really mean anything in the wider scale of things. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Slash is typically “vague” about everything. If anything is planned he’s not going to announce it in an interview with an online guitar magazine. It’s either going to happen or it’s not. But his comments mean absolutely nothing. 

I dont know,.... when it comes to discussing plans for SMKC hes never vague on that topic!.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

I personally think the album or any recording is done. I think the band have a different agenda to what UMG do in terms of promotion and releasing. Discussions have stalled either because the band as a whole, or UMG or just axl has issues with how it should be released and cant or wont make a decision.

Any music duff and slash have is released via stores and streaming services. Why would  releasing a guns album be any different?. Fat fuckin Axl is most likely the issue here.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know,.... when it comes to discussing plans for SMKC hes never vague on that topic!.

Are you actually comparing GNR to SMKC?? I like SMKC but it's just not the same level as GNR. Slash can actually discuss more freely about SMKC since there's not that much expectations compared to GNR. It's totally different.